• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Matt and Woolie are at Game Awards and I think Pat's in the middle of moving, so no. Likely nothing to be done in the form of a Let's Watch.

Expect a video from TGA with Matt and Woolie though. Probably some stuff with Max as well.

Village

Matt and Woolie are at Game Awards and I think Pat's in the middle of moving, so no. Likely nothing to be done in the form of a Let's Watch.

Expect a video from TGA with Matt and Woolie though. Probably some stuff with Max as well.

well if you go to max's twitch channel, there is a 9 hour broadcast archived with them in there for a few hours. So there's that , they hinted that they were also going to hang out with someone else too. Jon doesn't live in Cali anymore, so your guess is as good as mine

Is there any word on if they will be doing anything with Xenoblade Chronicles U? Like a machinima video or something?

Wait, are they at the game awards show tonight? Is that in LA?

Xenoblade isn't really machinima video material but who knows, I think a couple of them will just play it on their own and talk about it on the podcast and that'll be it.

Squishy3

Xenoblade isn't really machinima video material but who knows, I think a couple of them will just play it on their own and talk about it on the podcast and that'll be it.
Liam'll probably be the one to talk the most about it. Pat's in FO4 land (and Yakuza is out soon) Woolie's playing Front Mission and Matt's unable to play anything for extended periods of time that isn't for the channel.

So for those who have watched the FFX video, how seriously is Matt (and I guess Woolie) taking the game and its plot? Earlier someone mentioned that Matt had said that he thinks it's sort of dumb, and I'm not sure I want to watch them go through it if Matt (who would most likely influence Woolie's perception of the game) looks at the story with a "it's so dumb it's good" mindset.

It was good, the 'so dumb it's good' thing Matt was on seemed like it focussed on the voice directing, so Tidus randomly going 'uh', 'wah', 'woah', 'hunyah'. That and how Tidus is portrayed as not so competent early on (and looks like Meg Ryan. Really people?). You know, the typical weak hater arguments. That tones down a lot after Luca and moreso after Home anyway. Plus, it is funny. Matt even likes Tidus' narration.

Woolie plot-jumping
like a boss though, 'Is this city underwater?' haha.

My one worry is that Matt might accidently spoil stuff for Woolie, since he vaguely remembers things. He's also gotten some stuff wrong already, so yea...

Either way, Matt supposedly loves the game, and Woolie seems into it, and you know with religion as a theme in the game, Woolie will be preaching.

Edzi

Did Liam say he was going to be at PSX this weekend? I think I heard him mention it on the podcast, but I'm not sure.

I fully expect the FFX LP to be a bit rough in the first 1/4th of the game because it just isn't a very interesting game until after you get Auron and the plot finally starts to go somewhere. The closer it gets to Zanarkand, the better it will get.

wait arent Matt and Woolie in California?
i hope their ok cause of the shootings
Woolie im not worried about(he killed a guy) but Matts a different story

Skrams

Did Liam say he was going to be at PSX this weekend? I think I heard him mention it on the podcast, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, he'll be at PSX. He said he had another reason for being in the area I think too, so PSX was a nice little benefit or something.

MrHoot

So Old Hunters on vessel

Pat only on the controls, Matt and Woolie commenting. Matt surprisingly observant and made me notice something i even never did while playing. This is gonna be good, it's basically FASTBORNE. Seems Woolie was in a bad physical shape so seemed a bit salty this time around but this seems SUPER promising. Although i'm not sure if the quality of the video is a bit down, resolution wise ? Seemed blurry

Fantastic start on that Vessel video. Very glad that Matt's there since he actually cares about the game. Can't wait for more of it.

sjay1994

Get ready for the
good job pat for looking for the eye in consumables going "I'm in key items"
and
oh you missed the beast cutter
comments on sunday.

Skrams

I think I just threw up a little.
I'm sure you can stomach a few episodes or just not watch it at all.
Didnt matt make a comment in the afro samurai 2 lp where the skeleton with hair looked haird that one guy from game grumps?
Yeah, he said it looked like Danny from game grumps. That was recorded before this, but if they were texting about meeting up with each other when they hit LA then that makes sense since grumps was on the mind.

Edzi

I'm sure you can stomach a few episodes or just not watch it at all.

Obviously. Just voicing my displeasure at the crossover. I really dislike Game Grumps/Arin and how they run things, and the last thing I want is SBFP to take any sort of influence from them.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Obviously. Just voicing my displeasure at the crossover. I really dislike Game Grumps/Arin and how they run things, and the last thing I want is SBFP to take any sort of influence from them.

mQCTkEp.gif

aly

Game Grumps featuring Matt and Woolie? Could be fun.

https://twitter.com/GameGrumps/status/672556183354408960

Lol, can't wait to see what happens here.

I dunno about you, but editing and better audio quality is something I certainly hope theyget influenced by.

Skrams

Influence. If anything I'd wager the combination of a mellower Woolie will probably mean the episodes won't be a stereotypical look at dat goofy thing. Matt might get overexcited as usual, but I doubt it would heavily influence how they act already when he gets back from LA. Grumps aren't a disease or anything where hanging around them will change Matt and Woolie forever.

I dunno about you, but editing and better audio quality is something I certainly hope theyget influenced by.

You're not wrong.

Village

Also I dunno, game grumps seem like very lucrative businessmen, Not saying arin is going to teach matt how to animate and and Dan teach woolie how to sing. But they might guide woolie's fingers to a few more pies. Along with again, showing them their recording and office set up. I wonder if they went to see more folks, here that like Jirad. Also they are just friends hanging out. Calm ya butts.

Moonlight

Banned
Best Friends with the Game Grumps is a huge opportunity for them.

Hoping with those Splatoon shirts, they're teasing some Private Match action.

Going thru a mailbag compilation, never watched them before. Never seen so many rubber fists in my life
or super-expensive Gurren Langan boxsets

out of curiosity, anyone gonna watch the game awards, cause I am and boy is it starting off bad, Godspeed to Woolie and Matt

my gripe is that most of the people are overselling it and come off disingenuous besides the Mega64 guys

hope there's a lets watch from the Zaibatsu but I'm not too hopeful

Loco4Coco

What's the name of the outro song in the latest Podcast? Try to go find it on the Best Friends website, but when I click on the podcast it leads to a blank page.

Today's Devil's Third does a good job of convincing me to never play that game, because holy shit, 99% of the episode is one boss fight. What an absurdly difficult fight on normal difficulty.

Top Bottom