• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Anung

Un Rama
I don't want to make a thread asking this. But could an American gaffer tell me if Home Alone 1 and 2 are on Netflix over there?

sjay1994

Mhm. They're on.

I don't really think the game's boring, just that the story's weak in too many places; it's just as active as the standard Telltale affair. Almost every scene there's a fresh set piece and high stakes conflict at hand, it's just not written too well. Granted, I'm biased being into Thrones.

I suspect the viewer count is due to 1. the audience isn't bleeding Thrones fans 2. the audience is sour on Telltale and 3. sour on TBF LPs of TT games.

The aftermath of the Kenny Wars is still felt to this day.

Ilvocare

I can't find it, but the wooliegasm when he first sees the kirkhammer transformation in BB is so much better.

Edit: Found it

Man, I thought Woolie's wooliegasm when he enters Final Dreadnought Round 1 in the Freedom Planet LP was the definitive gasm, but I guess that's just me.

EDIT: A bit long for a button press, though...

MrHoot

I'm mostly team iron man although he's gotten unsufferable in avengers 2...but damn is he still right.

Captain America is a chump

aly

I like Cap better so I'm on his side. But to be perfectly honest, I also don't think Iron Man is wrong. Also the GoT lp is boring imo, so I just don't bother with it.

Village

I'm on team Iron Man. Ever since the original comics i've been on team Iron Man.

Cap is wrong too, but Iron man is way worse. iron man is almost as bad as fucking reed, Cap is way lesser of two evils most of the time. You remember when tony was scared of his friend, and shot him into fucking space. And was confused when he came the back fucking mad.

when did mat say they were suppoused to be on max's stream?
uN4f3KE.png

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/671875959981604864

I love how committed Matt is to the "Itagaki is oatmeal man" thing. The beginning and ending art for the Devil's Third episodes makes me lose it every time.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Even with Matt & Liam's commentary, they can't save how mediocre and boring Devil's Third is.
One YouTube comment compares it to the fake video games they would play in TV crime dramas like Law & Order.
I think Nintendo should be much more careful in what projects they save in the future. Sure they saved Bayo 2, but they also saved this...

Skrams

Even with Matt & Liam's commentary, they can't save how mediocre and boring Devil's Third is.
One YouTube comment compares it to the fake video games they would play in TV crime dramas like Law & Order.
I think Nintendo should be much more careful in what projects they save in the future. Sure they saved Bayo 2, but they also saved this...

Eh, I'm enjoying watching it since the game is pretty dumb. It feels good sometimes to see transitions into new cutscenes, go wooooof at the 20 FPS, and shoot some dumb guns while throwing machetes at doods. We still seem to be in the beginning trenches of the game anyway without knowing much of what's going on. I'd hope that it would ramp up a bit and give us more characters to have fun with story wise.

What? I live in the US and bought the game new when it first came out and it had the Original and Expert Sphere Grid options, and the Expert Sphere Grid just makes everyone start at the same location in the grid. Does the Expert Grid you're talking about actually change the layout of the Grid???

Yeah. The node placement is completely different and with fewer set nodes overall.

Looks like Indivisible will likely be funded sometime today. So expect tons of hype for that.
I feel super shitey for not backing, but I literally have 14 dollars to my name right now

MrHoot

Looks like Indivisible will likely be funded sometime today. So expect tons of hype for that.
I feel super shitey for not backing, but I literally have 14 dollars to my name right now

Same. I'm completely poor and already had to pass on a ton of nice kickstarter things but I just can't invest in anything. But i talked about it around me and showed it to the monthly dev meeting here of 35+ people. I'm glad it's getting it's due

where were you when Indivisible got funded?
i was playing Fallout 4 then had to load a different save cause i said no to Austins tour -_-
what the hell is wrong with you Bethesda locking a companion behind such a small choice?

Don't have money to put in but if the game shapes up good in the end I'll definitely pick it up. Red getting added really got me interested.

Missed the stream because sleep. Hopefully they archived it.

Also, congrats to Lab Zero for Indivisible getting funded. Didn't think it was gonna make it even with the extension, but glad to be proven wrong.

So now no-one has any reason to buy this game anymore, right?

Congrats to Lab Zero, now to wait some two years for the actual game. No, I didn't pledge but I will most likely buy it when it comes out. Though am I the odd one out because all those other indie game characters didn't affect me one bit, if anything I felt kind of weird about it. Reminded me of that Indie Games Karting or whatever it was.

When I saw Kosuke and Excellence I was so happy, but that went away as soon as I realized not only will they not use there fucking sick ass robots in this game, but they will probably never even be in another SRWs game(even more so one that gets translated into english).

...Man I love the Alteisen, one of the best mecha's ever(most because of it being a real robot and super robot hybrid).

Hate to be that guy, but I'm gonna fund Indivisible now. I didn't want to just lose $30 until it did or didn't get funded. I'm happy it has.

Ilvocare

Well, I still do, considering I bought the first one and invested two complete playthroughs into it.
And enjoyed myself, contrary to the belief of the average SBF fan.

As someone who's ecstatic that the game and concept is being given a second chance after PXZ1, and who's been following the game's development a lot closer than most normal people, I still want this. All the anti-shilling for this game has honestly struck me as excessive, because the game's release date basically puts it head-to-head with Fire Emblem Fates in the Americas. Like, Fates is going to crush PXZ2 in sales easy, no? Hence why I'm supporting both things that I want to keep succeeding.

Also congrats to Indivisible for making their funding.

Hate to be that guy, but I'm gonna fund Indivisible now. I didn't want to just lose $30 until it did or didn't get funded. I'm happy it has.

Nothing wrong with being that guy. There's a lot of crowdfunded games I've bought or plan to buy but had no part in their creation because I don't have the money to just toss at a thing I don't even know will succeed. I have to plan my purchases out ahead of time to be sure I have the money.

Top Bottom