• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Squishy3

Now I'm conflicted because I want to pick up 5 this Tuesday and play it but I also wanna wait for 0 and play it since it's technically the start.
It doesn't matter. 0 has a new battle system that invalidates any of the other games. (hence the Y1 remaster, it's using that same battle system where Kiryu has different stances)

Also Yakuza needs your money like yesterday. Release order > chronological order any day.

It doesn't matter. 0 has a new battle system that invalidates any of the other games. (hence the Y1 remaster, it's using that same battle system where Kiryu has different stances)

Also Yakuza needs your money like yesterday. Release order > chronological order any day.

Fair enough.

Does 5 have any connections to 4? If so I guess I should at least finish watching that LP.

MrHoot

Pretty nice conference. A bit slow at part but FF7 remake looked gorgeous and new ace combat, SF5 character and new ni no kuni hot damn.

Squishy3

Fair enough.

Does 5 have any connections to 4? If so I guess I should at least finish watching that LP.
Akiyama and Saejima (the prison guy) are going to show up from what I remember, I don't think the detective guy is in there in any significant manner though.

Skrams

PSX conference kind of blew their load early, but at least I got shit like Rez and Ni No Kuni 2 to keep me more interested every now and again.

A little bummed about the combat for FF7 not being ATB turn based, but eh, I'm sure I'll enjoy the new FF15 systems all the same.

Yeah release order will trump chronological 99% of the time.

Akiyama and Saejima (the prison guy) are going to show up from what I remember, I don't think the detective guy is in there in any significant manner though.

Alright then.

People expecting FF7 to stay turn based were fooling themselves. Nomura made it very clear like a week after they first announced it that it'd be changing.

Squishy3

I'll save judgement on FF7 for when they show the scorpion boss fight.

If you can attack the scorpion when the tail is up and you don't get fucked it's going to be bad.

Jesus, GoT ended on such a shitty, railroaded note. Yeah, I get that things going shitty for the people that are pretty decent is the norm in GoT, but holy shit am I not eager to watch a second season LP.

convo

Kof is starting to be decent looking in some parts that are not the gameplay. We might even see it at Evo guys. Woolie will just have to look at the screen slightly offset and in an angle and squinting his eyes to make it tolerable for him.

Kof is starting to be decent looking in some parts that are not the gameplay. We might even see it at Evo guys. Woolie will just have to look at the screen slightly offset and in an angle and squinting his eyes to make it tolerable for him.

???

The animations for moves are the best looking aspect. Gameplay looks really good.

Matt and Woolie are still in LA or at least flying back right now, Liam was at PSX, and Pat is in the middle of moving apartments. There won't be a Let's Watch.

Pat can have his girlfriend record him (with her phone) watching on his phone by himself. It'll be almost as good as Mercenary Kings.

ArjanN

Matt and Woolie are still in LA or at least flying back right now, Liam was at PSX, and Pat is in the middle of moving apartments. There won't be a Let's Watch.

Which sucks. No Giant Bomb or Gametrailers reactions either.

Kind of feel they should plan this stuff better. Oh, well, at least Liam being at PSX means he can tell them they were wrong about KOF14.

MrHoot

Which sucks. No Giant Bomb or Gametrailers reactions either.

Kind of feel they should plan this stuff better. Oh, well, at least Liam being at PSX means he can tell them they were wrong about KOF14.

Well, sometimes you gotta real life. I'm looking forward to the podcast tho

Anung

Un Rama
New LP on Vessel.
Wolfenstein The Old Blood with Pat on controls. Considering Matt did that one off video for New Order way back I expected him to be playing. Still cool though.

Yay! I'm excited about this. Loved both games (the main game is my GOTY 2014) and I'm interested to hear what they think.

Ugh got like 5 days worth of videos to catch up on. Glad to hear that the feedback seems to actually affect how they handle LP's. The set up for the Bloodborne DLC sounds perfect.

Definitely will be getting Yakuza 0, but unfortunately not 5 unless they make a PS4 version and also localize that.
In other words, I'll never play it

Anung

Un Rama
Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on. Zero is getting localised? Get outta town!

Guess I'll be buying that again. Now localise Kiwami and 6.

I'm too busy watching the street fighter 5 tournament, so KoF is actually looking good?

Yeah, the visuals are definitely improving. Particle effects look better and the character models look more detailed. Still gotta long way to go before it actually looks good, but at least we know they're improving it. Can't say much about gameplay since I don't have hands on experience, but from the footage I saw it seems to play well.

Matsukaze

Just watched the GoT finale. Can't say I'm surprised how it leaves things, but this is Telltale; breadcrumbs galore, just like Woolie said.

All in all, Matt and Woolie did a great job with this LP. It can't have been a reassuring feeling starting a game in which you know your choices are going to mean far less than promised, but their chemistry was fantastic and their commentary never ran out of steam.

Also, I agree with them that
Season 2 is going to be more chasing after Ludd Whitehill's fat ass for one episode after another

Xiraiya

The TT GOT Game is the most nothing thing I've ever seen, It doesn't offend me and I don't think it's "bad" per say, it just feels like such a waste of time and resource and I don't really know why it exists.

Boy do people need to find better things to do in life than whine about FFVII Remake's combat. Seeing it everywhere I go and it's making me want to smack people in the face with a tire iron to fix their stupid.

convo

???

The animations for moves are the best looking aspect. Gameplay looks really good.
Some of the animations look fine, others might just look fine from the off-screen footage. I don't think the current form is gonna please anyone used to KOFXIII's animation like Pat and Woolie in the slightest right now.

We will get our answer once we see how they handle Mai's 'bounce' though, if they are actually dedicated ,that will be what really counts.

Anung

Un Rama
The TT GOT Game is the most nothing thing I've ever seen, It doesn't offend me and I don't think it's "bad" per say, it just feels like such a waste of time and resource and I don't really know why it exists.

I was thoroughly disappointed with the finale. It felt like the most cynical unearned sequel-bait I have ever seen. If it had a decent conclusion that left plot-threads open for a sequel it'd be fine. But the whole thing is just nothing (lol wanna see the real conclusion wait for season 2) I'll be avoiding the next one.

Tonally I think it highlights a gross misunderstanding of the source material (the TV shows later seasons also suffer this to a lesser extent)

I'm so confused by the weird mixture of US military/"realism" fetishistic aesthetic and super-goofy Revengeance/RE6 over-the-topness in Devil's Third.

I love how even Devil's Third has the "+/- 5-10 year appearance vs age" differential with Major Maynard, who's fucking 26.

I guess we should be glad that she's at least over 18...

PBalfredo

The problem with GoT is the entire King's Landing segment meant nothing. Not a single thing came out of it that affected anything else. And even then the only thing that affected the King's Landing segment itself was the final decision (maybe). The North Grove segment probably effects something in season 2, but who knows what that is. Does all the grove do is let that lady control like four dudes?

Maybe. I don't know.
CALL NOW!

I'm so confused by the weird mixture of US military/"realism" fetishistic aesthetic and super-goofy Revengeance/RE6 over-the-topness in Devil's Third.
Yeah, it's really weird. It's like Itagaki was trying to channel some of Metal Gear's weirdness, but didn't make Ivan a Jetstream Sam level badass with an absurd sword who's blocking bullets all the time, so you're wondering how the hell Ivan hasn't died yet.

The problem with GoT is the entire King's Landing segment meant nothing. Not a single thing came out of it that affected anything else. And even then the only thing that affected the King's Landing segment itself was the final decision (maybe). The North Grove segment probably effects something in season 2, but who knows what that is. Does all the grove do is let that lady control like four dudes?

Maybe. I don't know.
It's absurd how little we know about where those subplots could go. I guess Mira's is going to be scheming to screw over the Whitehills, but who the fuck knows where the North Grove train is going. We don't even know why it's important and what it can do, if it can do anything at all!

Top Bottom