• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Matsukaze

It's absurd how little we know about where those subplots could go. I guess Mira's is going to be scheming to screw over the Whitehills, but who the fuck knows where the North Grove train is going. We don't even know why it's important and what it can do, if it can do anything at all!
*Warning: Worthless speculation ahead!*

I feel like Mira's story in Season 2 is just going to be a mimicry of Sansa's:
an episode of trying and failing to worm her way out of Morgryn's marriage pact, an episode of trying to make new allies amongst the people around Morgryn, an episode in which they are wed, an episode in which the marriage completely goes to hell (Whitehill-related?), and an episode in which she flees Morgryn and tries to make her way back to the fam, with nothing to show for her endeavors.

As for Tuttle Heart-Eater:
My wild guess is that his arc will roughly be: help the bastards fight undead, help them fight more undead, encounter Crows and try to justify his past actions, meet with Jon and try to negotiate an understanding, get caught in the middle of wildling bullshit and earn nothing... just in time for Season 3!

Yeah, it's really weird. It's like Itagaki was trying to channel some of Metal Gear's weirdness, but didn't make Ivan a Jetstream Sam level badass with an absurd sword who's blocking bullets all the time, so you're wondering how the hell Ivan hasn't died yet.

The story keeps hitting those "beats" where I expect a bad guy to swoop in during a cutscene and eliminate all the generic soldiers to remind you that they're jobbers, or to do a sky-high leap on top of a building that only the protagonist can follow while the scrubs look on in awe at the supermen, or something like that.

Then they survive and continue to be surprisingly competent and useful, while completely clashing with the tone. Like, they're seriously more useful and relevant than the squadmates in CoD games, which are games about generic soldier guys.

Is this... some kind of avante-garde commentary on AAA games? I don't even know. Help me, General Oats!

The story keeps hitting those "beats" where I expect a bad guy to swoop in during a cutscene and eliminate all the generic soldiers to remind you that they're jobbers, or to do a sky-high leap on top of a building that only the protagonist can follow while the scrubs look on in awe at the supermen, or something like that.

Then they survive and continue to be surprisingly competent and useful, while completely clashing with the tone. Like, they're seriously more useful and relevant than the squadmates in CoD games, which are games about generic soldier guys.

Is this... some kind of avante-garde commentary on AAA games? I don't even know. Help me, General Oats!
It's weird, because in both CoD and Devil's Third, the player character is basically a badass who tears through shit, but Devil's Third doesn't shit on the rest of the guys in the squad. It feels a bit more like Mass Effect, where the squad can do shit, just not as effectively as the player character.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the soldiers get wiped out later in the game to prove the situation is serious, except for Black Leader Man (Bob?).

Edzi

I ran into Liam as I was leaving PSX about an hour ago, and I've just gotta say that it was a genuine pleasure getting to chat with him for a bit. Really swell guy.

MolochSigma

Neo Member
So I'm watching "The Best of Matt & Pat's Scariness Marathonpilation (Part 2)" and at one point Matt mentions he's never played Half Life 2. This seems like a perfect candidate for a guided LP with Matt blind on controls!

Village

YFMiXCC.jpg

I exspect the combination to look like 3rd dude from the left. sorry don't know his name, I don't know anything about danganrompa besides black and white care bears cause fucked shit to happen

MrHoot

So last night I decided to do what Plague did on his channel as an exercise: a fusion. Not a tri because i'm lacking the time and i'm slow, but a friend gave me an idea to fuse the Nier2 protag and Lady from DMC. It turned out okay and I think you guys might like it, since this is the zaibatsu ghetto after all

lswi246.jpg

Numb

So last night I decided to do what Plague did on his channel as an exercise: a fusion. Not a tri because i'm lacking the time and i'm slow, but a friend gave me an idea to fuse the Nier2 protag and Lady from DMC. It turned out okay and I think you guys might like it, since this is the zaibatsu ghetto after all

lswi246.jpg

That is fantastic

lswi246.jpg

You're underselling yourself. That looks really good.

lswi246.jpg
Dude that's fucking incredible.

lswi246.jpg

I think you have done a great job. Loved how you can see both characters in the image.

Jonami90

Neo Member
The little edits and added scenes from older LPs really livened up the Shitstorm compilations. Also, Matt's reaction to the dog in Clock Tower always brings a smile to my face.

FF X first episode was fine and Devil's Third has been alright as well. That second boss was kind of strict with the knife throws and the grabs. I'm kind of surprised they didn't edit that fight.

lswi246.jpg

Oh man that's really cool. Good job.

lswi246.jpg
IS THIS WHAT LOVE IS?!

Disgraced

That's fucking wicked-looking, MrHoot.

Old Hunters is off to a good start. I think Matt's watched slowbeef & Diabetus' BB LP lol.

Matsukaze

It's so good having more Bloodborne. Old Hunters is one of the best pieces of DLC ever created and I can tell they're going to love every minute.

Also, really nice having Matt along for the ride; it's nice having the Matt-Pat-Woolie combo for these vids. Now if only they'd bring back Brawls...

Its nice to see Matt is on the DLC LP.
God damn thats really good.

Old Hunters is going well so far. Really liking the triple combo commentary too.

I think Matt's hype for the art aesthetic is going to be a good patch for some of the places where the mechanics of the DLC are a bit rubbish, so it's a good job they brought him along.

Neol

Liking this current lineup right now. Lots of interesting stuff to watch.

Really looking forward to the upcoming podcast with all the news this past week. Don't think Liam is gonna be there though which is a shame since I was looking forward for his PlayStation experience.

Well, with the latest part of Devil's Third on Vessel, they have now made it through the parts that I already saw back around the time of the Japanese launch. Everything else leading up to the end, I now have no idea what to expect in terms janky, crazy developments.

That Japanese style level with the NGII Tactical Ninjas was some good shit, though. Especially coming off of the dumb, bullshit mutants just prior.

Top Bottom