• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Anung

Un Rama
Heading back to the UK now. I am going to binge watch everything I've missed so hard when I get back. I'm going to miss all the food and huge portions so much ;_;

Saved the last podcast for this flight so that should be good. Dying to start playing Xenoblade Chronicles.

Edit: going to miss Capcom Cup because of this flight D: ;_;

Heading back to the UK now. I am going to binge watch everything I've missed so hard when I get back. I'm going to miss all the food and huge portions so much ;_;

Saved the last podcast for this flight so that should be good. Dying to start playing Xenoblade Chronicles.

Edit: going to miss Capcom Cup because of this flight D: ;_;

i need you to find out for me if you can give your mech Xenogears ID colors mmk?

Matsukaze

Just got done watching FFX Part 2. Episode was pretty good. Not sure if the following is worth spoilering, but just in case.

I feel like Matt made the Sphere Grid sound a bit more complicated than it actually is. It's pretty damn straightforward as far as development systems go, and Woolie will probably pick up on that immediately. Also, lol at having Rikku attack Tidus.

I wonder what bullshit happened behind the scenes when FFX was being localized, because some of these weird lines make me thing the Japanese side of Square Enix placed stupid restrictions on the localization crew. Who else but a Japanese person with bad English skills would greenlight a line like "I want food!" instead of "I'm hungry!"

Laputa_94

I agree they should stream. I've grown to like the stream mind set of play whatever you want and if you don't like it drop it with the occasional full play through.

If you were to average out how much Max makes per hour on a stream it would probably be pretty high up there, guy is pretty successful and he deserves it hes a super nice guy.

Skrams

So last night I decided to do what Plague did on his channel as an exercise: a fusion. Not a tri because i'm lacking the time and i'm slow, but a friend gave me an idea to fuse the Nier2 protag and Lady from DMC. It turned out okay and I think you guys might like it, since this is the zaibatsu ghetto after all

lswi246.jpg
"turned out okay"

And over here I'm doing my o face of how sick this is.
They've said before that streaming holds no money unless you stream consistently and often. They don't have much intention to do either.
Yeah, if they wanted a steady profit stream then it would have to be consistent streaming. If they did occasional streams and opened donations during only that time then why would they not just do a patreon at that point. I wouldn't be surprised if their stance against patreon transferred over to streaming donations.

Yeah, if they wanted a steady profit stream then it would have to be consistent streaming. If they did occasional streams and opened donations during only that time then why would they not just do a patreon at that point. I wouldn't be surprised if their stance against patreon transferred over to streaming donations.
That'd be a cool way around it.

Oh, and you guys should probably watch Capcom Cup

Imma need that Capcom Cup talk on the podcast tomorrow.

Assuming the best friends make it home tomorrow to record

they damn well better
i want a 5 hour long podcast of hype
also heres some damage control so me and everyone else can stop freaking out about FF7 remake

Quick stuff from interviews

-they made multi-release since they would have to cut stuff out if they made it in one game. The detail of the game will be so dense, and you will be able to go to various locations within Midgar that you couldn't go before.
-there will be some stuff that has to be cut, but there will be lots of stuff added. overall volume will be big
-They are working with various companies outside, including CC2
-The battle system is real-time, action feel. The degree of action will be "Dissidia > Kingdom Hearts> FF7 remake" It will be more tactical.
-Although it's action style, it has ATB as well.
-You can control other party members, but you can keep control one if you want
-3 party members at a time like the original

taken from another thread

MrHoot

they damn well better
i want a 5 hour long podcast of hype
also heres some damage control so me and everyone else can stop freaking out about FF7 remake

Quick stuff from interviews

-they made multi-release since they would have to cut stuff out if they made it in one game. The detail of the game will be so dense, and you will be able to go to various locations within Midgar that you couldn't go before.
-there will be some stuff that has to be cut, but there will be lots of stuff added. overall volume will be big
-They are working with various companies outside, including CC2
-The battle system is real-time, action feel. The degree of action will be "Dissidia > Kingdom Hearts> FF7 remake" It will be more tactical.
-Although it's action style, it has ATB as well.
-You can control other party members, but you can keep control one if you want
-3 party members at a time like the original

taken from another thread

You can add this to the pile, a more thorough interview

- About the details of splitting the game into episodes, please tell us more.

Kitase: From the beginning, we have considered it impossible to remake FF7 into one single game.Althought it's impossible to tell you the details about the splitting at the moment, please wait for our further announcement.

Nomura: If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some part of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some contents from the game, and it would be difficult to add more to the game. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achived, we have decided to split the game into episodes.

Kitase: Taking the No.8 street shown in the video this time, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would have been impossible to do with a single release.

Splitting the original version into episode with nothing dropped, as well as adding complements, and remaking the game the game in its full volume is what we are thinking.

It doesn't seem as bad at it seems, although it still raises questions. But every FF7R remake thread so far has been a mess due to the completely kneejerk reactions over everything. It's gonna be a very painful wait until the release.

Also thanks everyone for the kindness ! I haven't drawn in a while and my confidence was a bit in the dumps for the past few months so I was a bit uneasy with this drawing

Alfebit

Banned
So last night I decided to do what Plague did on his channel as an exercise: a fusion. Not a tri because i'm lacking the time and i'm slow, but a friend gave me an idea to fuse the Nier2 protag and Lady from DMC. It turned out okay and I think you guys might like it, since this is the zaibatsu ghetto after all

lswi246.jpg

Das good

Real good

Paulee

Did anybody start the manga wollie recommended last podcast ?
Its called Teppu about women mma and its fuc*king awesome
but its allready finished and it was way too early

Matsukaze

Did anybody start the manga wollie recommended last podcast ?
Its called Teppu about women mma and its fuc*king awesome
but its allready finished and it was way too early
I've put it on my backlog. Certainly sounds cool. To be honest, most of my leisure reading for the past few months has been Marvel stuff (thank you, Marvel Unlimited!) but I've been meaning to get back on-track with Gintama, amongst other manga series.

sjay1994

nvm... got bodied

I gave the first few episodes a shot, and probably will miss this one. Nothing against Mat and Pat, but when I played TNO and OB it was really boring for me, and watching this reminds me that the time I spent with this was miserable.

ArjanN

The Old Blood is a little more combat heavy than The New Order, and while the they're both very solid shooters there's less of the cool character moments, so I'm not sure there's quite as much to play off of. It's not super long though, on medium difficulty they should be able to blash through pretty quickly. (Pat dying several times in a row in this episode notwithstanding)

MrHoot

Fear the Old Blo-

Oh wait, wrong, (and worse) game.

Waaaaa, Wolfenstein is pretty cool game mang !

Speaking also of Bloodborne, part 3 on vessel. Man it's night and day compared to the original one. The commentary with Matt in addition is the fucking best, i'm so glad he's on this with Woolie because he's killing it. And it just has such a better flow to it

aly

Fear the Old Blo-

Oh wait, wrong, (and worse) game.

I can't tell which game is being dumped on right here.

Waaaaa, Wolfenstein is pretty cool game mang !

Speaking also of Bloodborne, part 3 on vessel. Man it's night and day compared to the original one. The commentary with Matt in addition is the fucking best, i'm so glad he's on this with Woolie because he's killing it. And it just has such a better flow to it

I'm so glad to hear this. Matt's interest in Bloodborne lore is the best thing, especially when I noticed it referenced on other videos.

convo

Speaking also of Bloodborne, part 3 on vessel.

I'm jealous of you vessel people.Sounds like Matt will pull through the inherent incompetence of the slow/fastbourne of Pat and Woolie with his expert commentary. His crow impressions were on point in the first part.

Matsukaze

I'm jealous of you vessel people.Sounds like Matt will pull through the inherent incompetence of the slow/fastbourne of Pat and Woolie with his expert commentary. His crow impressions were on point in the first part.
A dead giveaway he's been loving slowbeef's Bloodborne LP (besides him outright saying as much). I'm really glad to have Matt aboard for the DLC. He'll ensure everything stays mellow.

I really need to get the Old Hunters. I just got Bloodborne and I watched the LP when it came out, so Old Hunters would be completely new to me.

sjay1994

It keeps getting better. The LP has turned to Woolie and Matt yucking it up, while Pat gets bodied.

Okingjrr

Yeah, that hallway in Wolfenstein is pretty tough. I just sprinted through and unlocked the door like a true would've done.

I'd be a little disappointed if the podcast wasn't 3 hours of Pat yelling at us to buy Yakuza 5.
Just a little.

theres more to talk about than Yakuza
what about FF7R
what about Samurai Jack
Psychonauts 2?
The Crash t shirt?
Konami being assholes?
save Yakuza for the spoilercast

Gestahl

Judging by how the Bloodborne Vessel episodes have gone, any ideas as to how Pat will probably pooh-pooh away the
whirligig
while still clinging to his dumb babby greatsword?

Top Bottom