• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Judging by how the Bloodborne Vessel episodes have gone, any ideas as to how Pat will probably pooh-pooh away the
whirligig
while still clinging to his dumb babby greatsword?

By claiming that the
Pizza Cutter
is terrible, when it's the best PvE weapon in the game. Pat just feels the echoes telling him that he has to best wrong.

Bitch is about to to get nerfed extra hard.

Judging by how the Bloodborne Vessel episodes have gone, any ideas as to how Pat will probably pooh-pooh away the
whirligig
while still clinging to his dumb babby greatsword?

Wait, is it even possible for someone to want Ludwig's over the Moonlight? Or do you just mean that he's trading up from one to the other?

One is the best Arcane weapon in the game.

Hint hint -
It ain't Moonlight

The Parasite is the best Arcane weapon in the game.

The Pizza Cutter is a dramatically better Strength weapon.

The Moonlight is, thematically, literally the not-shit version of the same sword.

Ludwig's is just a sword, and now it isn't even a sword with the best end-game scaling for ridiculous Lv200+ characters. The two-hand charged attacks are really the only thing left to recommend it.

convo

Man, Liam was so annoying for scrublords wanting people to hit supers and desperation moves.

But everyone wanted that, it just takes time for the children(including Liam) to realize that they are not in the crowd pleasing business using cool fighting game stuff, but entertain by falling over themselves and sounding real salty while doing so.

I was excited for the FFX LP at first but Matt's yelling every 5 minutes and gasping for breath every time a cutscene happens is killing it for me. Stop playing things up like it's your first time seeing it because we know it's not. You've said you enjoy the game so how about treating it like it like you're doing in the Bloodborne LP instead of trying to force jokes in.

Anung

Un Rama
I was excited for the FFX LP at first but Matt's yelling every 5 minutes and gasping for breath every time a cutscene happens is killing it for me. Stop playing things up like it's your first time seeing it because we know it's not. You've said you enjoy the game so how about treating it like it like you're doing in the Bloodborne LP instead of trying to force jokes in.

This was worrying me when starting the FFX LP. Doubly so when we found out he'd be on a Bloodborne. I'm so happy the reaction to The Old Hunters and Matts inclusion has been positive as I actually want to watch this one.
It sounds mean but I think I prefer matt in a supplemental position for many videos. Recently he consistently doesn't have anything interesting to say and just shouts and forces jokes. I find it pretty tiring.

ArjanN

Man Matt was super being pissy this podcast. Liam was pretty sorely missed to push back against the cynicism a bit, especailly considering Plague's style also tends to veer towards snark.

Looks like that list wasn't entirely fluff then.

Come on Dangan!

It was pretty obvious from the start that list was legit if you're familiar with how the Steam registry works.

Okingjrr

I don't think we'll get an LP. 4 was a consistently low viewed game for them. I do hope they do a one off video to shill and bring the hype to more fans though.

They'll definitely do a hype/shill video.
About the Yakuza 4 LP, whille not on the same level of Bloodborne or Ride to hell in terms of views, it wasn't a GOT or a Doogangrampa, and fairly successful in my eyes.
Not saying Y5 would have the potential to be a great LP but it's worth a shot.

What the fuck was that random gray thing on the podcast video. At first I thought it was an arrow pointing at Pat's junk that Woolie added in post, but it seems to actually be on the camera lens or something.

Plauge is on the Podcast?! Out of fucking nowhere!

Good to know Woolie has his priorities right.

It better be >:O

You say that like it's a bad thing.

CnYCjPs.gif

Oh you guys...

zeemumu

I'm a little late to warn them about the other arcades in SoCal besides Round 1. Dave and Busters and, against all odds, Gameworks, are still alive down here.

Matsukaze

Their journey through the Old Hunters continues to go well. I wanted Pat to commit to exploring the cave so badly, just for the fun that awaits, but I'll be patient. Hopefully he gives the Boom Hammer a decent run, although they've already made it clear they find the Saif boring.

Skrams

I'm a bit dry on things to watch. I'd like to play FFX, Old Blood, and Old Hunters by myself prior to watching the LPs. I'll probably take a crack at Old Hunters after finals are over. Then I can watch something besides a Devils Third every few days.

I'm dreading listening to this podcast a bit just because a chunk of it might be Plague's soapbox on why fighting game inputs suck, bloodborne sucks, consoles suck, or whatever else sucks.

Fear the Old Blo-

Oh wait, wrong, (and worse) game.
No idea why you're taking a random stab at Wolftenstein despite it being a good game still.

Yeah same here. I figured everyone reloaded in between fights even if they had only fired 1 bullet.

People do this in real life, even though in real life it's infinitely more bothersome (because the ammo in the magazine you dropped doesn't magically organize itself to fill up a new one, you just end up with a partially-emptied magazine).

I'm dreading listening to this podcast a bit just because a chunk of it might be Plague's soapbox on why fighting game inputs suck, bloodborne sucks, consoles suck, or whatever else sucks.

It's actually worse than that because you have Matt involved because.....

Man Matt was super being pissy this podcast. Liam was pretty sorely missed to push back against the cynicism a bit, especailly considering Plague's style also tends to veer towards snark.

.......What little I've heard about him talking about the TGA turned me off completely.

Their journey through the Old Hunters continues to go well. I wanted Pat to commit to exploring the cave so badly, just for the fun that awaits, but I'll be patient. Hopefully he gives the Boom Hammer a decent run, although they've already made it clear they find the Saif boring.

Knowing their mentality from previous games like DS2 and OG Bloodborne, the weapon they would settle for would be

1) Strength based
2) Apparently "Easy Mode"

Of all the strength based weapons in the DLC, I think the easiest to use would be the Whirligig Saw. But then again Patron has enough Arcane to use the Moonlight Sword.

Well, I was originally just going to settle on watching the Old Hunters playthrough, but decided I might as well buy the damn thing and play it as well. Though because last I played left me at the start of NG+4, I gotta play a bit more of the main game to get to the start of the new content.

Yes, I am doing this with my current build and not a new character, and no I don't give a damn how hard people are saying it supposedly is. I will gladly have Cthulhu Hulk punch my shit in all day till I get through.

He probably won't go with the MLGS because it doesn't have a charged stab. Odds are the entire DLC will be done with Ludwig's Holy Blade which is pretty boring.

Laputa_94

This was a great podcast in my opinion. The only thing I didn't like was when Matt got upset during the VGA awards discussion. Can we just replace Liam and have Plague be on the podcast every week?

aly

I'm feeling the same way honestly. Which sucks since so many awesome things happened in the last week to hear them talk about. Think I'll wait on impressions or summaries of the podcast.

I'm feeling the same way honestly. Which sucks since so many awesome things happened in the last week to hear them talk about. Think I'll wait on impressions or summaries of the podcast.

You guys worry too much.

Like most humans, when put in a group of four or more where he has the outlier opinion, Plague will significantly adulterate his expression of that opinion to bring it down to a level where meaningful conversation can occur. Yes, he does still talk about not liking some of those things, but he makes a general effort to be reasonable enough that the others can interact with him.

Top Bottom