• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I really hope that the guys did a let's watch of this Direct. Their reaction to Bayo must have been GLOURIOUS.

Woolie didn't seem to know and in fact made a tweet abotu Lady Maria in Bloodborne the instant Bayo was announced, and Pat immediately tweeted about it which they never do during Let's Watch's so that pretty much confirms one didn't happen.

Nazo

Woolie didn't seem to know and in fact made a tweet abotu Lady Maria in Bloodborne the instant Bayo was announced, and Pat immediately tweeted about it which they never do during Let's Watch's so that pretty much confirms one didn't happen.

Well that's depressing. Oh well. *shrugs*

BY2K

Membero Americo
Some people at the Zainbatsu HQ must be going bunkers.

FyawvN8.gif

convo

Does Woolie's reactions imply they were recording Bloodborne when the direct happened?No reason why he would tweet about lady maria when that Bayo was going on.

Does Woolie's reactions imply they were recording Bloodborne when the direct happened?No reason why he would tweet about lady maria when that Bayo was going on.

Sounds like they had just literally finished recording it.

Also LOL Kamiya.

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya
To Sakurai and all Smash idiots: I LOVE YOU.
less than 1 minute ago retweeted by WoolieWoolz from Twitter Web Client

But that's not the last boss.. weird why he would talk about a thing that should be long before the actual end.

OoK isn't that far after Maria. Maybe like 30-45 minutes of gameplay and then maybe another hour or so at max to beat OoK. If they started the day at Maria, it's not unreasonable they finished both in one day.

V-Faction

BEST FRIENDS.. YOU HAD ONE JOB. ONE. To witness the reveal of Bayonetta in Smash, a once in a life time opportunity.

Of all reactions, yours was what I was looking forward to the most. In this year of 2015 where Star Wars, Avengers, Terminator, Jurassic Park all release, where the impossible is possible.

Anung

Un Rama
I'd actually want to buy an Amiibayo but scalper fucks will probably make it impossible.

Still, Bayo in smassssh! I think wonder red would be a better fit gameplay wise but still good.

FE characters are lame as fuck though. Actually groan inducing.

BEST FRIENDS.. YOU HAD ONE JOB. ONE. To witness the reveal of Bayonetta in Smash, a once in a life time opportunity.

Of all reactions, yours was what I was looking forward to the most. In this year of 2015 where Star Wars, Avengers, Terminator, Jurassic Park all release, where the impossible is possible.

Just times this by 10
FyawvN8.gif

Skrams

If anyone still cares about Liam's horrible OPM claims.

"I'm reading the official localization, which is nowhere near where it's at currently. That's what I'm basing my opinion on."

So he's read I think up to Volume 8 where he's seen Garou for 5 panels or less? So whatever the case, don't believe his lies.

I'd actually want to buy an Amiibayo but scalper fucks will probably make it impossible.

Still, Bayo in smassssh! I think wonder red would be a better fit gameplay wise but still good.

I really doubt you'll have a hard time finding Bayonetta if you plan on purchasing it within the first week or month of release.

Recent Amiibo stocks have been pretty fucking plentiful, so I'm sure it'll be simple to get your hands on one if you actually just walk into a gamestop or whatever distributor near you.

And yeah, would of preferred Wonder Red, but this is still hype. Fire Emblem Fighter is uh, yeah.

Bayonetta vs. Cloud vs. Ryu? Fuck, man. I don't even care about the Nintendo characters other than Samus and maybe Gannondorf, but at this point I don't have to.

Add Linkle and Goku, please.

Skrams

still salty the sbf will never see the glorious light of log horizon, even if they agree it's better than sao

god if it only had an animation budget
It wouldn't save it from being overall boring and a lot of characters being boring archetypes or out right sucking.

Skrams

Best Friends Play Devil's Third (Part 10)

Website
Youtube

Star Wars Week: Episode II - Terror From The Planet Nintendou 64

Website
Youtube

Devil's Third-
JUMP OUT OF A PLANE AT 100 MPH. IT'S FINE.

Also can we have Prey 2 come back, but just make it about Jango or Boba? Please?

I'm glad Woolie called out Pat too on being a big baby and looking for light sources instead of actually looking at the environment.

Xiraiya

Boy it sure would be nice to be able to watch the three good LPs happening right now instead of all this star wars stuff getting in the way
Nothing against Star Wars, but it's like "Let's put aside our worthwhile content and force a theme week on everyone and make them wait." Or at least that's how it seems.

Truly the greatest of ideas.

still salty the sbf will never see the glorious light of log horizon, even if they agree it's better than sao
god if it only had an animation budget
Their loss, if they want to be unreasonable, let them.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm pretty sure coordinating a theme week leading up to the release of the biggest movie of the year is probably a better idea than not doing so.

Really? Groan inducing? Corrin has a pretty distinct and fun looking playstyle, imo.

Neol

Boy it sure would be nice to be able to watch the three good LPs happening right now instead of all this star wars stuff getting in the way
Nothing against Star Wars, but it's like "Let's put aside our worthwhile content and force a theme week on everyone and make them wait." Or at least that's how it seems.

Truly the greatest of ideas.

Their loss, if they want to be unreasonable, let them.

I'm pretty sure there looking forward to the movie as well as everyone else is so its pretty appropriate. Not to sound mean or anything but it seems your kinda the odd one out here but I can see how someone not interested wouldn't like this as I kinda felt the same way when there LPing the souls games.

At least there's another vid and its not a month theme.

Anung

Un Rama
Really? Groan inducing? Corrin has a pretty distinct and fun looking playstyle, imo.

The game already has too many FE characters and way too many sword characters. I'll let Cloud slide because its Cloud. The transformations do indeed look pretty cool but meh more swords. Smash should feel like a celebration of game characters. This feels like they are schilling for a new FE game.

FE is well represented. Let another game get a chance. Like Chibi-Robo (off the top of my head). I'm not saying the character won't be fun just that my first impression is that its lame as hell.

Xiraiya

I'm pretty sure there looking forward to the movie as well as everyone else is so its pretty appropriate. Not to sound mean or anything but it seems your kinda the odd one out here but I can see how someone not interested wouldn't like this as I kinda felt the same way when there LPing the souls games.

At least there's another vid and its not a month theme.

Well I'm looking forward to the Starwars movie as well, I just don't need a week of terrible starwars games interrupting the current good LPs.
Just make a 1/2 Hour video of Starwars stuff as a one time thing, replace fisticuffs instead or something. Or even just put it out along side the LP parts if it's that important.

Moonlight

Banned
The game already has too many FE characters and way too many sword characters. I'll let Cloud slide because its Cloud. The transformations do indeed look pretty cool but meh more swords. Smash should feel like a celebration of game characters. This feels like they are schilling for a new FE game.

FE is well represented. Let another game get a chance. Like Chibi-Robo (off the top of my head). I'm not saying the character won't be fun just that my first impression is that its lame as hell.
I definitely get feeling FE is over-served in the game, though as a big fan of the franchise I guess I have less problems than that, lol. 'More swords' is something I just can't really get behind, though. It's like drawing comparisons between Little Mac and Ryu just because they punch dudes. The sword detail is ultimately kind of just superficial, especially for how different Corrin is from any other character otherwise.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm meh on Star Wars week but mainly because Jon Tron done something similar and with way more effort. I can see how doing a 'week of' would be good for them though. Gets some eyeballs on them while the hype train is good.

I assume they'll do either a round table video review or a spoilercast. I just hope Matt has enough self control to not fucking blurt spoilers out at a random interval. It's going to be hard enough to avoid spoilers without having to worry about him spewing them out or 'alluding' to them with the subtlety of a truck during a FF video or something.

Neol

Well I'm looking forward to the Starwars movie as well, I just don't need a week of terrible starwars games interrupting the current good LPs.
Just make a 1/2 Hour video of Starwars stuff as a one time thing, replace fisticuffs instead or something. Or even just put it out along side the LP parts if it's that important.

Yea that's the problem with some theme weeks when good LP's are going on. Thinking back I didn't really care much for Jurassic and Godzilla week so there's that.

I'm enjoying this week so far though :eek:

I'm meh on Star Wars week but mainly because Jon Tron done something similar and with way more effort. I can see how doing a 'week of' would be good for them though. Gets some eyeballs on them while the hype train is good.

I assume they'll do either a round table video review or a spoilercast. I just hope Matt has enough self control to not fucking blurt spoilers out at a random interval. It's going to be hard enough to avoid spoilers without having to worry about him spewing them out or 'alluding' to them with the subtlety of a truck during a FF video or something.

Yea Jon Tron's Starcade is solid. The ending made me smile really hard as well.

God I might just skip the podcast until I watch the movie cause even the hints and subtleties that they say sometimes ruins it.

Jintor

It wouldn't save it from being overall boring and a lot of characters being boring archetypes or out right sucking.

incorrect. economic warfare is the only warfare. and with a cast of like 50 you can't help it! you can't! it's physically impossible!

sucks no bayo reactions :(

Geg

I haven't heard much talk about any super on-time best of 2014 videos, I wonder if they'll even do them this year

Top Bottom