• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Bryan Hawk is great

But come on bruh. Its Griffith.
I wasn't really serious with that claim, I meant more that he's one of the most irredeemable villains I've ever seen in a sports anime, except when
he became scared for his life I kinda felt bad for him even though he wanted to kill Takamura too.

Looks like Sawamura might outdo him though.

I wasn't really serious with that claim, I meant more that he's one of the most irredeemable villains I've ever seen in a sports anime, except when
he became scared for his life I kinda felt bad for him even though he wanted to kill Takamura too.

Looks like Sawamura might outdo him though.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Sawamura outdoes him in the "Fuck that guy" department, as he's pretty despicable for completely different reasons.
The final guy of the 3rd season, Anderson, though is pretty similar to Hawk in a "Fuck that motherfucker" sense. There might even be a pretty interesting reference point to Hawk there as well ;)

How's the FFX lp doing so far? I'm getting the remaster on my ps4 next week so I decided to wait to watch the lp until after I finish the game. Is it off to a good start?

Anung

Un Rama
How's the FFX lp doing so far? I'm getting the remaster on my ps4 next week so I decided to wait to watch the lp until after I finish the game. Is it off to a good start?

Mixed bag. Matt keeps recycling the same three jokes Ad nauseam. And is on controls for some weird reason. They also keep tripping over themselves even though they are using a guide. Even though this is supposed to showcase to Woolie (who hasn't played it) why the game is good they've grasped onto like two elements and are tearing it apart (for "comedic" effect")

First few episodes are super rough buts gradually getting okay.

Mixed bag. Matt keeps recycling the same three jokes Ad nauseam. And is on controls for some weird reason. They also keep tripping over themselves even though they are using a guide. Even though this is supposed to showcase to Woolie (who hasn't played it) why the game is good they've grasped onto like two elements and are tearing it apart (for "comedic" effect")

First few episodes are super rough buts gradually getting okay.

Well that sounds like the worst thing ever.
I guess I'll keep on not watching it.

Matsukaze

Yeah, as much as I wish I could say the FFX LP is off to a great start, it's really not. There have been glimmers of serious interest between the two of them (for instance, the mention of
the Farplane
seemed to intrigue Woolie, plus Matt, who already knew about it, was totally digging it), but for the most part, they've been taking jabs at every little thing, which is off-putting.

I'm optimistic that things will pick up, though. All in all, I still find it more engaging than Wolfenstein, and I know that for all his jokes, Matt loves the game, so I bet that the commentary will improve once the story gains steam after
Luca

Fat4all

Banned
Is Liam actually about to become the face of Vita?!

Way better than Marcus.

hKjRJtn.png

I wonder how much they know about the Star Wars books in general, because it'll be super relevant to the movie round table. I know they didn't know shit about how Chewie died in the old EU, but if they even know the formula for some of the stuff before that, they'll have a basis for comparison.

Skrams

Fisticuffs was pretty limp. The games were more boring than bad. Probably should of included Masters of Teras Kasi and SC4 as well. This feels like someone thought those games were too well known, so they chose more out there choices instead. So kind of like Superhero Month when obvious game choices like Xmen Origins Wolverine not Wii Edition or Marvel Ultimate Alliance were ignored.

I would assume Matt is the one who decides what games go in theme weeks, since it seems like the others are usually being forced at gunpoint to participate in them. He's a big AVGN fan, so he's got a soft spot for trying to show people games they may not have seen before, especially older ones.

I don't mind so much, though he probably should try harder to make sure at least the finales of theme weeks focus on iconic titles.

I played that Revenge Of The Sith game so much when I was a kid. Like multiple playthroughs. I have no idea why. I have better memories of it than the actual movie. There is no doubt it is an incredibly average game.

This is the first time I have been straight up offended by a joke made in a video. As a black person on the internet you develop a thick skin to insensitive comments, but Matt's joke in the fisticuffs episode went too far. Saying Lucas must have gone to the "jungle planet" to get his wife is some old fashioned 1950's racism. Like WTF matt? That is some vile shit to be spewing as a joke.

This is the first time I have been straight up offended by a joke made in a video. As a black person on the internet you develop a thick skin to insensitive comments, but Matt's joke in the fisticuffs episode went too far. Saying Lucas must have gone to the "jungle planet" to get his wife is some old fashioned 1950's racism. Like WTF matt? That is some vile shit to be spewing as a joke.

No but it's okay because Woolie's there and he's black.

Right?

Right?

aly

Ugh sounds awful.

No but it's okay because Woolie's there and he's black.

Right?

Right?

Lol. I remember their MKX playthrough, which was mostly fun, but some of their Jaque comments were a bit cringeworthy for me. It's a strange situation where jokes that your black friend is cool with may not resonate with the other black people that watch their show. Probably doesn't help that I assume that most of their fanbase is white.

I thought the SBF being pretty non-PC off the air was fairly well known? They often say they clean up on camera, and that's the type of thing they hint that they say around one another that they don't with the channel, usually.

I don't take as genuinely offensive, myself, but there's a reason they scrub up their banter somewhat.

I thought the SBF being pretty non-PC off the air was fairly well known? They often say they clean up on camera, and that's the type of thing they hint that they say around one another that they don't with the channel, usually.

I don't take as genuinely offensive, myself, but there's a reason they scrub up their banter somewhat.

Most people are fairly colorful when they're not in public, that's just the truth. However, when you have an audience of like half a million people you should probably watch what you say or you'll get yourself into some hot water. Personally I don't really care about any of the shit they say because pretending to care about something that I don't care about just because it's frowned upon by others is just stupid but the fact is that you probably should try not to say some things to such a wide reaching audience.

MrHoot

Gotta bring in mister snippy snip

"It seems you've been going on a racist tirade for the last 45 minutes ! Do you need help with that ?"

Tcab96

I'm black and was also kind of offended, but knew with his knack for telling bad jokes, he didn't actually mean any harm.

I remember Liam's three/fifths a person joke on the podcast had me rolling, but Matt's made me cringe.

I suspect that your not black, so the words don't have the same effect. I don't take offense to many things. Someone on 4chan calling me an n-word doesn't matter, but professional LP'ers that you watch everyday basically calling black people jungle bunnies stings.

I'm black and was also kind of offended, but knew with his knack for telling bad jokes, he didn't actually mean any harm.

I remember Liam's three/fifths a person joke on the podcast had me rolling, but Matt's made me cringe.

I think the issue is that Liam's hilarious joke on the podcast was well thought out and constructed in a manner so blatantly offensive that it was humorous. On the other hand,Matt's joke was blurted out in an attempt to be funny, and instead spouted out the kinda shit your racist grandpa says at Thanksgiving.

I think the issue is that Liam's hilarious joke on the podcast was well thought out and constructed in a manner so blatantly offensive that it was humorous. On the other hand,Matt's joke was blurted out in an attempt to be funny, and instead spouted out the kinda shit your racist grandpa says at Thanksgiving.

That's typically what I tend to notice about a lot of Matt's jokes. He tries to toss something out in an attempt to be funny, and most of the time it falls upon silence and in rare cases like this one it even offends some people. I don't think any of us believe anything they say is ever intended to offend because I'm sure it's not.

Order

I fucking hate when Matt tries to make a joke when a black person is on the screen. All his shit usually ends up being "HAHA HA IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE THEY'RE BLACK"

Only thing about that channel that irritates me.

I thought it was just a jungle fever joke. Even got a chuckle out of it. I guess I can see how it might seen as something worse... But I don't think Matt meant anything by it so I don't care.

Matsukaze

Inappropriate jokes aside, I think Star Wars Week has been one of the better theme weeks. Then again, I typically don't care for theme weeks because the videos are so hit-or-miss and the theme in question rarely interests me as much as it does the guys, so take that as you will.

zeemumu

I don't think they removed the combo system from Force Unleashed. There should be a combo list in the menu. There's a whole thing where you could supercharge the lighstaber with lightning and force pushes.

Anung

Un Rama

Yeah, this did kind of kick me out of the video and made me go whaaat. The fact that it just kind of was out there on a few seconds of silence made it awkward,

I don't know if its because I've had an absolute bitch of a cold so I'm feeling really under the weather and shitty but outside of the RLM-nods I've not really enjoyed Star Wars Week. I think I'm doubly sensitive to Matt's yelling. It really cuts through me atm.

Skrams

Oh my god, all of their inabilities to understand circles during the beginning of Obiwan.

I don't think they removed the combo system from Force Unleashed. There should be a combo list in the menu. There's a whole thing where you could supercharge the lighstaber with lightning and force pushes.

Seems like they just kind of shrinked it since they took away the Light Attack, Hard Attack. Games can still pull off one button melee like DMC, but you have to make great use of modifiers or modifier buttons like how DMC uses Lock On+Direction for special moves. I'm surprised Woolie didn't mention the weird tidbit about how the game use to have a bug where you could cancel combos by jumping or something like that. I might be getting this wrong as Woolie talked about the bug a while ago, but you could use your double jump to cancel animation recovery and string 3 strikes quicker or something like that by utilizing the double jump. At least I think that was the glitch. Something weird like that or an enemy step thing.

FFX pt7: I don't know how I feel about them using a guide for mini-bosses, let alone actual bosses. I guess it helps that they don't get stuck, but man I wanted to see them think through fights. It kinda hindered them too, since Wakka got no xp.

Top Bottom