• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

kewlmyc

I like Blazblue, but only really for the characters and the shit story, so I don't mind this.

It just seems like a dick move. Not sure why they hate the series so much. I know they don't like the character designs, but do they have an issue with the gameplay? Do they go over that in the video?

Oh my god did they actually
not play a single match and just watch the cutscenes?

Fucking amazing for taking that troll game to a new level.

I really like BlazBlue, but even I can't get mad at them for doing this purely for spite due to the amount of dedication to pissing off those who would care.

You gotta respect that.

I at least wanna see a jab or something. I always thought of FNF as being a fun casual matches matches with friends, not a dumb poorly executed joke. Something what I would have done was only cut out all the fighting leave in the start up of super moves just for a taste before the nothing.

Also the dumb Asian accent with super broken English is terribly poor taste

The VN like story mode... Yeesh. Does it really spread out the story and all tbe little branches with fights? Must be a chore to go through the plot of all these BlazBlue games then, especially if you're bad at fighting games. Imagine learning how to be adequate playing some character liek Carl Clover just to see what's going on with his story in every BB game he's in.

Fat4all

Banned
I forgot FNF had hard and fast laws that must be abided if they don't want RoboCop on their asses.

Fuckers better go back and delete that Salty Bet vid, or there will be hell to pay.

The VN like story mode... Yeesh. Does it really spread out the story and all tbe little branches with fights? Must be a chore to go through the plot of all these BlazBlue games then, especially if you're bad at fighting games. Imagine learning how to be adequate playing some character liek Carl Clover just to see what's going on with his story in every BB game he's in.

You don't need to be good at fighting games to finish the story/arcade modes.
The only way to salvage this is if next week is ultimax

Ultimax Story mode. Go

I forgot FNF had hard and fast laws that must be abided if they don't want RoboCop on their asses.

Fuckers better go back and delete that Salty Bet vid, or there will be hell to pay.
Pretty much, this video is them saying "we don't give a shit what everyone wants we're just gonna keep doing what we want" and I support that. I don't want them to give the fans the feeling that they have a big say in what they play.

kewlmyc

The 3rd game only has 3 paths so it's an improvement.

Fat4all

Banned
Pretty much, this video is them saying "we don't give a shit what everyone wants we're just gonna keep doing what we want" and I support that. I don't want them to give the fans the feeling that they have a big say in what they play.

It's obvious they listen to fan things and do react to mainstream swell for lets-plays (or new releases). They aren't stupid and I'm positive they plan shit like that out in advance.

But yeah, when they get constantly meme'd to death with BB and Naruto trolling apparently they can't have fun with it.

Delete the Wu Tang Clan SMS as well since they ended up playing 3rd Strike instead.

For shame!

I might have made some people mad on that Reddit thread but whatever.

In one of the early seasons of the Machinema series, Matt made it very clear that they're never gonna do some highly requested Minecraft videos.

I think the moment the SBF's start making stuff purely to appease a portion of the fanbase is the moment where they'll lose their way.

I might have made some people mad on that Reddit thread but whatever.

In one of the early seasons of the Machinema series, Matt made it very clear that they're never gonna do some highly requested Minecraft videos.

I think the moment the SBF's start making stuff purely to appease a portion of the fanbase is the moment where they'll lose their way.

and usually what they want i want so its a win win
Ultimax can go burn in the deepest pit of hell for all i care

explodet

There's still a chance they'll do some actual fighting for Blazblue.
They've still got Continuum Shift, Chrono Phantasma, Clone Phantasma, Xblaze Code Embryo, that iOS card game...

Is it true that Pat's friends are all paid actors and that Pat plays is the true form of the channel?

He's actually a ventriloquist. The others don't even really exist, he just can't maintain the fiction during Christmas because Jesus is watching.

I kind of liked Pat Stares at Bloodborne, regardless. The "over-leveling" is fine since he stopped at the "cap" for VIT. (It doesn't really cap, anyway. I've got a character with 80-something VIT and you keep getting like +9 HP a level, anyway. Don't tell Pat.)

Moonlight

Banned
The gag is fine and all, but as someone who likes Persona, who likes Arena, and likes when they talk about Persona, I wish they'd actually go ahead and do the game legit.

The idea was hilarious but poorly executed. It was a long unfunny video that went 25 minutes too long. It would have been better if they just cut to third strike halfway in, instead of talking about nothing in the most tiring way possible for 30 minutes.

Moonlight

Banned
They did do the game legit, they're in no way obligated to also do Ultimax if they don't feel like it.
Of course they aren't. But Ultimax is also a great game that added a ton of new characters and systems, as well as being a general catalyst for discussion I'm interested in. I'd find it more interesting to tune into than the time they did USF4's Omega mode.

Part of the 'problem' is just that they've never made a clear statement on whether or not they'll actually do it or not. The joke is fine, and funny, and whatever, but it's literally carried on for a year, and I don't see how much further you can take the joke than 'BlazBlue: CT story mode [confetti]'. Which was great, though I wish they would have over-sold it a little more and committed more forcefully to the gag, because the actual discussion kind of took the whole thing unironically.

The first Arena video they did was great. I want more of it. I don't see how I'm endangering their freedom to pursue whatever they want (like sure, it's their decision), and I don't see how it would signal the end of the channel or whatever. I just want Ultimax.

I just dislike this tone going out for people who are apparently daring to want Ultimax and getting a little sick of the chain we're being perpetually tugged across with.

The idea was hilarious but poorly executed. It was a long unfunny video that went 25 minutes too long. It would have been better if they just cut to third strike halfway in, instead of talking about nothing in the most tiring way possible for 30 minutes.

Yeah, it was cute the first time they dipped out of the actual gameplay, but there wasn't enough material there to keep doing it.

This basically. the first skip was great after that, i felt like i was wasting my time. and seeing as i already spend too much time watching people play video games on youtube as is that is no easy feat.

Top Bottom