• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

ZoddGutts

The idea was hilarious but poorly executed. It was a long unfunny video that went 25 minutes too long. It would have been better if they just cut to third strike halfway in, instead of talking about nothing in the most tiring way possible for 30 minutes.

Same. Was hoping that they would play GGXrd Steam version halfway through instead we got a nothing vid and a wasted fisticuff vid for this week. Not really fun nor that entertaining to watch, this coming from someone who doesn't even care for Blazblue.

Personally recommended Demon's Souls myself. I know a large amounts of Souls fans, myself included only hopped on at Dark 1 so seeing someone who actually really praises that game do a run through it would be pretty interesting I think. Realistically though it should probably be something short like a 3-4 hour game.

Fat4all

Banned
Personally recommended Demon's Souls myself. I know a large amounts of Souls fans, myself included only hopped on at Dark 1 so seeing someone who actually really praises that game do a run through it would be pretty interesting I think.

Demon's has such a brilliant story, but is held back by shiiiit frame rates.

Still amazing.

I was about to say I can't imagine a Demons' Souls LP without Liam, but actually... I get the nasty feeling Liam's full-on Super Hipster God Super Hipster when it comes to Demons' Souls, so maybe it would actually be better if he wasn't involved.

I was about to say I can't imagine a Demons' Souls LP without Liam, but actually... I get the nasty feeling Liam's full-on Super Hipster God Super Hipster when it comes to Demons' Souls, so maybe it would actually be better if he wasn't involved.
All the more reason for him to be on. Demon's is the superior Souls game, anyway.

Guys don't worry about blazblue they will probably make it up by playing the other two. They also said that the game didn't run good on steam so maybe that's part of the reason but heres to hoping they play ultimax or skullgirls again with every character. I don't mind blazblue but they do have points and it is probably because blazblue is more popular than guilty gear for not much reason. I thought the video was good but enjoyed it more because of the thought people getting so mad about it.

All the more reason for him to be on. Demon's is the superior Souls game, anyway.

If he can come on and argue rationally why he feels that way, and maintain an interesting dialogue for 20+ episodes, sure.

I don't think he can. I don't think he has a reason other than Hipster Liam. I think that would become blatantly obvious in the long format, and it would become a painful chore to listen to Pat (and/or Woolie/Matt) talk about what the game does well and what it could do better in relation to the rest of the series, only to have Liam constantly cutting in with, "No, but this is the best one though. Bloodborne isn't even good."

kewlmyc

Guys don't worry about blazblue they will probably make it up by playing the other two. They also said that the game didn't run good on steam so maybe that's part of the reason but heres to hoping they play ultimax or skullgirls again with every character. I don't mind blazblue but they do have points and it is probably because blazblue is more popular than guilty gear for not much reason. I thought the video was good but enjoyed it more because of the thought people getting so mad about it.

They probably won't honestly. No need to force themselves to play something they don't want to. Though they did play SFxT though.

This may be asking to explain the joke, but why was it that they didn't do BlazBlue or Ultimax for so long?

I think the main reason (at least for Ultimax) is that it's a highly technical fighting game that they actually respect but don't play often enough to do justice to. Like, Pat and Woolie would probably want to put in some dedicated practice time before a return to P4A, much like they put in some rust-removal time for Super Turbo.

Anung

Un Rama
Damn. The hate is real for that Blaz video. They played everyone like a fiddle.

I recommended REmake or Vanquish for Pat stares at. I think it'll need to be something short and sweet that he knows quite intimately. Although, like Dead Space, I think these games are on their list of 'break out in case of emergency' good games that they know fans will dig.

-_- cant get either KOTOR games to work on my TV
still gonna play em but i wanted it on a bigger screen
also no controller support for 1 like wtf man
mods seem to be working(atleast the game looks better so that worked atleast)
cant get any race mods to work though -_- gotta play academy and maybe theres a mod to turn Katarn into a twilek for Outcast
FINALLY onto Xenoblade X

convo

I thought the idea for the Blazblu video was absolutley perfect for that series in particular, the perfect jab.
So cringeworthy you don't even need to watch the video.

I replied with a FF on Steam for a solo Pat LP. Not even the recently released VI specifically, just a nice old FF.

The PC ports of Final Fantasy 3, 4, and 7 are decent but everyone should avoid 5 and 6 like the plague. They look like some High Schooler's attempt at recreating those classic games on RPG maker.

MrHoot

Woa, i saw the Blazblue thing on vessel back then, thought it was pretty funny (although if not a biiiit boring on the long run) and then went on christmassy stuff. Come back and there's a tiny maelstrom and twitter stuff left and right. Didn't think it would ruffle that many feathers

Woa, i saw the Blazblue thing on vessel back then, thought it was pretty funny (although if not a biiiit boring on the long run) and then went on christmassy stuff. Come back and there's a tiny maelstrom and twitter stuff left and right. Didn't think it would ruffle that many feathers
Blazeblubb is a serious game for stable people, furthermore..

What is this gag everyone's talking about? I've been out of the Best Friends loop for a few weeks and missed the debacle.
People have wanted them to play Blazblue/Persona 4 Ultinax on Fisticuffs since forever. They finally play Blazblue and they do one of the bad ones and just do story mode.

convo

They said they wouldn't do Blazblue until Arcsis were done with their roster updates. That isn't gonna happen for a few years and half a dozen versions, but people were still pestering them anyway.

Finished the vid. What a pretty bland quick look at 4.1... I really disappointed. There's like 3 other classes they could have messed around with way more interesting weapons. Now I feel an urge to keep grinding Inferno weapons in 2025.

He fell asleep with the game on multiple times. He even says so in the video.

93 hours in a weeks time is like 5 days of that happening. I find it hard to believe that he not only didn't turn his console off for 5 straight days but that it stayed on that one game the entire time.

Anyway, I just found it funny. No need for people to get sand in their vagina over it.

93 hours in a weeks time is like 5 days of that happening. I find it hard to believe that he not only didn't turn his console off for 5 straight days but that it stayed on that one game the entire time.

Anyway, I just found it funny. No need for people to get sand in their vagina over it.
That might be the person that worries about what someone does with their time.

Why care either way? Why let it bother you if Matt finishes games or not? The guy did just get married and all.

I found something funny. I didn't say I was trying to control his life.

Also, he got married like a month ago. Not that it matters regardless, but are people going to keep using that as an excuse every time someone has an issue with something he does?

Matsukaze

The BlazBlue vid was alright. Honestly, I have a hard time paying attention to BlazBlue anything, even a joke video. It pales in comparison to the Final Fantasy 8 video, though.

I'm not on Twitter or I would suggest a game for a solo Pat LP. I might have one or two ideas...
Hatoful Boyfriend

MrHoot

My favourite would still be Shadow of the colossus if he can find a decent emulation for it (as he doesn't like the c ontrol scheme of the HD). I've replayed it recently and man, it's still my favourite game of all time. Such a beautiful game

Top Bottom