• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Vessel spoilers:
Two Best Friends Play Spookys House of Jumpscares - Karamari Hospital? Huh I hope thats good

edit: The podcast is there best content the rest is subpar to eh.

Oh that's perfect! Thanks for the update, looking forward to that one... Hell, there's a game I'd gladly watch a full lets play of if they felt like committing to it.

Moaradin

I don't get why people like that scrapped Juri design. It's boring as hell. Pretty much just Faith from Mirror's Edge. Final Juri has much more personality.

I don't get why people like that scrapped Juri design. It's boring as hell. Pretty much just Faith from Mirror's Edge. Final Juri has much more personality.

People like badass characters and she looked badass, the problem is that it's generic both in terms of personality and aesthetically(aside from suffering from the problems Plague mentions).

Village

"She just looks like this other cool character"

I think you answered your own question

Use that design for another character or something. Don't mess with the current Juri too much =X

Making this bet, I bet you one of them juri designs turns up as juri's sister in street fighter and she has the other eye

Moaradin

"She just looks like this other cool character"

I think you answered your own question

Making this bet, I bet you one of them juri designs turns up as juri's sister in street fighter and she has the other eye

She's like a less cool version of Faith. Real Juri is rad as fuck.

I would be fine with that.

Village

I think she looks radical.

Also I don't think she looks generic considering there is only 1 street fighter 1 woman in non show off parts of my body clothes and that's makoto.

As long as you donn't reach abel levels of " this character is nothing " you are fine.

I think she looks radical.

Also I don't think she looks generic considering there is only 1 street fighter 1 woman in non show off parts of my body clothes and that's makoto.

As long as you donn't reach abel levels of " this character is nothing " you are fine.

Just because Street Fighter didn't do it yet doesn't make it not generic, also showing off parts of your body isn't necessarily a bad thing, sometimes it ruins what's supposed to be a serious character but characters like C.Viper or Sakura aren't any weaker because of it.

I definitely don't dislike the prototype but my biggest gripe with it is that it's just not memorable.

sjay1994

Yep, it's pretty terrible. All you get for winning anyway is the satisfaction that Wakka retired with a win. It's pretty nothing.

I remember reloading my save a few times to win it. I thought it was because I was bad, but man... why are two of the other teams members better than Tidus, who is a star Zanarkand player.

Moonlight

Banned
The new Vessel video/one-off is amazing, and I'm glad that they're giving it more spotlight given how amazing the last one was.

I am, of course, referring to Spooky's House of Jumpscares.

Jintor

so i might play xenoblade x in the future and i don't know shit about it

can i safely watch the (short LP or whatever the terminology is)?

like 'know shit' all I know is: skells, new LA, nopon, crash land ship

Jintor

ended up blowing through the mirror's edge LP instead (as background noise while doing other stuff). dope.

didn't expect wooly to know so much about it

tsundoku

I've always felt like the Zaibatsu makes t-shirts for themselves. In fact I think they've said as much (or something close to it). And the Sweet Babies shirt kinda feels like them (or, let's face it, Matt) buying into their own memes more than the fanbase is.

Which is why half of Matt's entire twitter feed is people tweeting him pictures of them wearing the sweetbabies shirt? I'm only confused as to why it became a dumb sportsman team "the sweetbabies" instead of just being a cute picture of a cat with "no sweet baby" which is the actual meme.

Matt's always been patently unfunny but he plays well off of the occasional game and definitely plays well off of the general audience and as a pr /face of the company guy, y'all need to accept that you're just not Matt fans not that Matt has suddenly run full tilt in some kind of negative punished matt shadow zone.

As you get older your tastes really start to develop, there was a time when someone sent me their donkey kong video, their kirby's epic yarn video, and I enjoyed them, good editing, scoff, guffaw, etc. Then I received a hyperlink to chrono trigger and struggled through like 2 or 3 episodes holding back vitriol at my computer monitor and swore off of the best friends forever. Where was the editing, why were the videos so long, why was the guy still terrible at the video game when he was playing it for real, not acting like in the other two videos?
Then my tastes developed and now i crave that zaibatsu cringe. Pat miss like 7 charged attacks for me, go back on that undersea palace elevator for the 7th time, please. Let me listen to Woolie and Liam's friendship push to the point-break over what attack a dumb pokemon should use to fight a dumb trainer. Let me watch Woolie say "ok wait a minute" and have 75% of his health bar depleted by the NMH2 boss while he literally stands in place. Il advised LPs like 90 episode DS2 or smrpg : the press a experience and make sure to never think for 10s about why you're equipping anything have literally provided me with hours of entertainment. Liam, Woolie and Pat are all surprisingly insightful and I enjoy listening to them banter at each other, all I have to do is skip games with Matt focus and I get free hours of entertainment because the dude is clearly chill and we'd be able to hang out, but his commentary
just isn't for me.

But I digress, everyone should know by know the true reason for the shift to the darkest timestream is that we've had almost a year since the last xbliga video

tsundoku

Also for the record i've literally listened to almost every single old podcast now after originally starting around podcast 70 and their podcast quality of banter has absolutely not changed in 2 yrs you're just getting bored of it.

I still love the group as a whole, but see the problems their currently having. The podcast is fantastic, and the current old hunters lp is great. Matt really adds to the lp with his passion and enthusiasm. Unfortunately, the only thing Matt adds in all the other videos are loud shouting, stale memes and the occasional pissy attitude. On the other hand,their recent poll and response to the BlazBlue video shows that they see feedback and are willing to change. It's encouraging to see Matt respond to negative criticism as in oppose to retweeting people stroking his ego and telling him how right and great he is.

I watched that Xenoblade video and man, not much else could've put me more off playing the game, not that I have a Wii u anyway. Too bad they didn't get in a robot.

I watched that Xenoblade video and man, not much else could've put me more off playing the game, not that I have a Wii u anyway. Too bad they didn't get in a robot.
Xenoblade X does a fantastic job of making you not want to play a game with mecha, which is a massive shame. If only it wasn't basically designed like a single-player MMO.

MrHoot

I still pretty much enjoy the zaibatsu. I enjoy the latest batch of videos greatly, even the slower ones like old blood. I wish there would be a bit more editing (which they have been doing anyway, hence mr Snippy snip). I'm a bit confused at some more recent fanbase gripes at how they should run their side business like the shirts ? Yeah sure they push weird stuff as merch but that's not the bread and butter of the channel anyway so not really anyone's loss here.

I would say I miss the days of the mailbag tho. Not because of the mailbag itself but more the sense of general happiness there was between the fans and the zaibatsu. Nowadays it seems like there's mostly a lot of shade thrown towards any member. And it also seems like the Zaibatsu themselves like to antagonize part of their fanbases more and more (sometimes for jest, but sometimes it just seems purely out of salt. Not that there aren't shitspouters but it makes sometimes for an uncomfortable experience).

Doesn't it take like 50 hours to actually pilot a robot tho

Now I'm reminded you didn't get to pilot the real mechs in Xenosaga until the second game (the AWGs sucked they didn't count)

Squishy3

Doesn't it take like 50 hours to actually pilot a robot tho

Now I'm reminded you didn't get to pilot the real mechs in Xenosaga until the second game (the AWGs sucked they didn't count)
It took me roughly 30 hours.

The game is really good, just different strokes for different folks. If it's the kind of thing you dig, you'll really dig it.

Village

Back in the 5 threads per minute short pants era. We discussed something, and now, as I wade through the waters of the tumblr, I have found it has infact reached singularity. I ask to share this with you, first, because I feel you all caused this.

Just because Street Fighter didn't do it yet doesn't make it not generic, also showing off parts of your body isn't necessarily a bad thing, sometimes it ruins what's supposed to be a serious character but characters like C.Viper or Sakura aren't any weaker because of it.

I definitely don't dislike the prototype but my biggest gripe with it is that it's just not memorable.

No , its not. But when all but one of your female characters do that, and girl being cool with out having having to be " also this sexy part of my body" is the outlier, maybe you should consider making more. To be honest your response sounds like more or less and excuse to continue, and I don't think it is one. I would like more female characters who weren't meant to be sexy in some way, but were ....cool. Not oh , boobies, butts or feet. They were just... rad. I wouldn't really have an issue with R Mika if there were more those on the roster. That variation in representation is something the guys have that the women for the most part do not and i'm not fond it.

She's like a less cool version of Faith. Real Juri is rad as fuck.

I would be fine with that.

She's not less cool Faith. She's fighter Faith. Though I like the SF4 design, she's easily the best new character added in
that will return, because Hakan is lost to the the ether.

Also Plague's video in the picarto video idea (at 16ish) sounds great
IT IS ARTS AND CRAFTS 2!

Matsukaze

Xenoblade Chronicles X video was pretty good. It was a nice mix of bewilderment and mockery. Also, holy hell at what BLADE stands for; that's some goofy shit right there.

Xenoblade Chronicles X video was pretty good. It was a nice mix of bewilderment and mockery. Also, holy hell at what BLADE stands for; that's some goofy shit right there.

What's better is that version makes more sense. In the Japanese version BLADE stands for Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator.
NOW THAT IS SOME GOOFY SHIT.

Moonlight

Banned
I find it way preferable to the goofy shit that it was replacing, which was "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator", which sounds like the result of a random word generator.

Matsukaze

What's better is that version makes more sense. In the Japanese version BLADE stands for Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator.
NOW THAT IS SOME GOOFY SHIT.
I find it way preferable to the goofy shit that it was replacing, which was "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator", which sounds like the result of a random word generator.
Oh god, wow. I don't even have words for something like that lol.

That was really good. "I'm right here, bitch! Come find me, ghosts!"

MrHoot

My favorite thing right now about the cast is Paige's (Pat's GF) twitter/tumblr and the chronicles of her life with our favourite angry gingerbread man

1aaP4Wa.jpg

Matsukaze

^ She could make easy money writing a book about her life with Pat. I'd buy it hardcover as soon as it hit shelves.

Just spin it off to the mainstream public as her adventures living with a leprechaun. Kids and adults would both love reading her "fiction".

^ She could make easy money writing a book about her life with Pat. I'd buy it hardcover as soon as it hit shelves.

Just spin it off to the mainstream public as her adventures living with a leprechaun. Kids and adults would both love reading her "fiction".
I would buy the eBook so I can laugh my ass off on the go.

Top Bottom