• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

What's the closest thing to Bloodborne on the PC?

I have Bloodborne but my fiancee and I have two different saves, and when I'm not able to play I really want to play.

Alright Vessel spoilers for FFX part 13 which should be up on youtube in a day or two
Matt straight up fucking doing exactly the despicable shit I expected better than him. "Let me set Woolie up for this scene with completely the wrong intentions". And then, after Tidus and Yuna do their In-Character On-Script "terrible, awkward, stilted laughs". He straight up sandbags Woolie on ever being able to understand the intent of that scene, by talking about how it was "their best take i guess" and "its even worse in japanese" talking OVER the part of the scene where Tidus and Yuna are laughing perfectly normally about how awkward it is and sounds to try to force yourself to laugh out loud.
I really feel like Woolie would have immediately made Matt eat shit on that if he could just have heard the character dialogue instead of Matt's sandbagging.

I need a new avatar without Matt in it. Where my three way Liam Pat and Woolie fanart at
I guess I'm skipping this lp then. I've heard mixed things, and this has pushed me to not watch it at all.

tsundoku

Plague even brought it up on his stream at how Matt's constantly giving him the wrong information. It is quite annoying to see honestly but it's whatever. Not like it'll change.

He's giving him a lot of correct information as well though to be fair. It's just during things like what you said above where it's incredibly annoying. Pretty much everything with Blitzball is Woolie trying to learn about the game and Matt being like "No, I don't like it so we're not doing it."

Not sure if the blitzball ep is still on vessel or on yt yet.
that game is hilariously in ways I totally forgot about. But Woolie basically begged and pleaded with Matt to let him read the manual and try it. I remember there being an actual "take a shot" button for when you do have an open net. Like, on Triangle? iirc? If Matt had let Woolie read the blitzball manual he might have been able to win it from half-time lmao.

kewlmyc

ONE YEAR AND THREE MONTHS

456 DAYS

10944 HOURS

656640 MINUTES

39,398,400 SECONDS OF ME FUCKING BEGGING FOR THIS GAME. I'VE SUFFERED THROUGH DOZENS OF SHITTY AVATARS AND SHITTY FNFS/SMS WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT.

WELL GUESS WHAT BITCHES, ITS FUCKING HERE. NOT YOUR STREET FIGHTER, NOT YOUR TEKKEN, NOT YOUR KOF, NOT YOUR ARCANA HEART, DENGEKI BUNKO OR POVERTY FRENCH BREAD GAMES.

ULTIMAX IS HERE! SCREW ALL THE DOUBTERS AND ANYONE WHO SAID IT'D NEVER HAPPEN BECAUSE THIS ONE IS FOR YOU

a0bC8ck.gif

ULTRA SUPLEX HOLD BABAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

sjay1994

ONE YEAR AND THREE MONTHS

456 DAYS

10944 HOURS

656640 MINUTES

39,398,400 SECONDS OF ME FUCKING BEGGING FOR THIS GAME. I'VE SUFFERED THROUGH DOZENS OF SHITTY AVATARS AND SHITTY FNFS/SMS WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT.

WELL GUESS WHAT BITCHES, ITS FUCKING HERE. NOT YOUR STREET FIGHTER, NOT YOUR TEKKEN, NOT YOUR KOF, NOT YOUR ARCANA HEART, DENGEKI BUNKO OR POVERTY FRENCH BREAD GAMES.

ULTIMAX IS HERE! SCREW ALL THE DOUBTERS AND ANYONE WHO SAID IT'D NEVER HAPPEN BECAUSE THIS ONE IS FOR YOU

a0bC8ck.gif

ULTRA SUPLEX HOLD BABAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Was it worth it Yosuke?

MrHoot

Y'all ready for that Drakengard 1 and Xenosaga LP?!

I'd fucking LOVE a drakengard 1 LP by liam. I actually asked him I think if he'd be ever up for a drakengard 1 LP. There's not much going on gameplay wise but there's so much shit happening story wise in that game

BossRush

Gotta say, reading this thread and seeing all the vitriol and displeasure toward LPs I'm not watching or interested is great. It's like I'm watching it too!

Jokes aside I've been just watching old hunters now, nothing else is holding my interest but then again nothing should be exclusively catered to my tastes, still it's nice to read what people think in case I feel like checking out some of the LPs later

Of course they're known for it, but that doesn't mean it's true. Almost every story about the toxicity basically boils down to "I played and a person flamed me, what a toxic community". There's 10 people in a game that lasts 30-60 minutes, of course there's a chance one of them is going to be an asshole at some point. I've played a shitload of games and in most cases people barely even talk except maybe one person being salty blames one of his teammates, which who gives a damn.

AND EVEN THEN, CS easily has a mroe toxic community than Dota or LoL.

I mean, does CS:GO even have any form of, or attempt at, enforcement of behavior rules and standards?

I'm trying to imagine XBL Call of Duty, except there isn't even someone pretending like they're trying to ban the people shouting obscenities and racial epithets over voicechat while hot-mic'ing their girlfriend's back-alley abortion in the background.

Not likely. I could see maybe 2 in one week if they knew they'd be too busy next week.
They said before they do them in big chunks, maybe more like 3-4 to get like a month's worth at a time, though.
It's got the new mics tho
That... is actually a good point. Maybe then.
I mean, does CS:GO even have any form of, or attempt at, enforcement of behavior rules and standards?

I'm trying to imagine XBL Call of Duty, except there isn't even someone pretending like they're trying to ban the people shouting obscenities and racial epithets over voicechat while hot-mic'ing their girlfriend's back-alley abortion in the background.
Not exactly.The nature of the game and competitive actually means you need to communicate to succeed, generally this means the people that stick with the game are dedicated, especially at higher levels, which lessen assholes overall, but they're still there.

AFAIK systems to moderate player behavior s mostly for leaving matches early and not offensive behavior, though you can report people and mute them, like most things. Dooter2 on the other hand has low priority queue as a great deterrent.

Due to my stupidity/lack of research, I now have $50 sitting on my ps4 account and nothing (i can think of) to spend it on. any suggestions? only games I have is start wars battlefront(came with the ps4) and some free psplus junk i don't really care about.

MrHoot

Due to my stupidity/lack of research, I now have $50 sitting on my ps4 account and nothing (i can think of) to spend it on. any suggestions? only games I have is start wars battlefront(came with the ps4) and some free psplus junk i don't really care about.

Well apart from the obvious (Bloodborne, if you have enough for that and with dlc if possible), Astebreed is on sale right now I think. Also DMC4 SE is pretty good (or hell, even DmC remastered as it fixes most of the shitty things from the ps3 version...well apart from Vergil and Dante themselves but it's still a fun character action)

Transformers Devastation is also nice.

Top Bottom