• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
tumblr_n52wy9aCuQ1tb05e5o1_1280.jpg

So I guess we can officially declare 2016 as the start of the True Age of Woolie.

I'm almost not sure I even want to follow that LP when it starts, given my already predisposed dislike for anything Naruto.

Not really, but there's a really interesting interview with Miyazaki in there. I'm considering also buying the Old Blood guide just to support ENB too.

German Spy has been really coy about some details around the Old Hunters and it might be related to NDA, so I was curious about that more at this particular moment.

He actually makes a good point or two. Too bad they mean nothing coming from him after what he did.

My favorite part is this quote.

George Lucas had the stories for Episodes 7-9 already mapped out. He's known the direction he wanted the story to go in since the late 70s

He couldn't possibly be more full of shit. He's said before that Episode 7 would never happen and that the story was over with 6. He's just upset that people like this movie and don't like his hyper political, turd stepping rabbit movies.

Disgraced

George Lucas had the stories for Episodes 7-9 already mapped out. He's known the direction he wanted the story to go in since the late 70s
He couldn't possibly be more full of shit. He's said before that Episode 7 would never happen and that the story was over with 6. He's just upset that people like this movie and don't like his hyper political, turd stepping rabbit movies.
He said that after the prequels. It's known he's had ideas for multiple trilogies since the beginning.

Jamie OD

I kind of appreciate how Lucas isn't anywhere near tied down to continuity as fans think he should be. Like him just suddenly deciding Darth Maul and some Expanded Universe character can be friends in a video game even though they are two centuries apart from each other so I don't know turn Maul into a clone or something. That kind of wacky thinking is good for some laughs. With that said I am so happy with how Force Awakens turned out so it's best to keep Lucas away now.

I kind of appreciate how Lucas isn't anywhere near tied down to continuity as fans think he should be. Like him just suddenly deciding Darth Maul and some Expanded Universe character can be friends in a video game even though they are two centuries apart from each other so I don't know turn Maul into a clone or something. That kind of wacky thinking is good for some laughs. With that said I am so happy with how Force Awakens turned out so it's best to keep Lucas away now.
That kinda shit is good for laughs but if your fans were taking the universe seriously that's just insulting. The part that I imagine is worse is that he probably didn't know or forgot that those characters couldn't know each other, that's seriously concerning.

Neol

I'm pretty sure Lucas has some good ideas here and there but after the prequels I don't think anyone wants to take that chance. Its a bit sad but its for the better.

Also no matter what he says he sold the brand to Disney so regardless of all the salt its still his fault.

I mean, of course he had the stories "mapped out", that takes like an afternoon of brainstorming. He never had scripts, though; The Phantom Menace was in shooting before he even finished the script, according to the man himself on the set of the movie.

A "mapped out" idea for a Star Wars movie is about as valuable as "an idea for a game that should get made". Everyone's got one, no one cares about anyone else's until it starts actually getting made.

Jonami90

Neo Member
Well, it's 1.1.2016 where I'm at, so Happy New Year everyone! I'm actually pretty excited about that upcoming Naruto LP, let's hope it delivers.

Devil's Third sure ended, that sure was an ending. Overall, it was a pretty good LP of a pretty bad game. Liam and Matt had good commentary most of the time and the game was (at times) silly enough that their reactions were a lot of fun, but then it also had the traditional TPS sins like waves after waves of enemies that got dull fast. Still, there was nothing that actively irritated me about this one...

Alright Vessel spoilers for FFX part 13 which should be up on youtube in a day or two
Matt straight up fucking doing exactly the despicable shit I expected better than him. "Let me set Woolie up for this scene with completely the wrong intentions". And then, after Tidus and Yuna do their In-Character On-Script "terrible, awkward, stilted laughs". He straight up sandbags Woolie on ever being able to understand the intent of that scene, by talking about how it was "their best take i guess" and "its even worse in japanese" talking OVER the part of the scene where Tidus and Yuna are laughing perfectly normally about how awkward it is and sounds to try to force yourself to laugh out loud.
I really feel like Woolie would have immediately made Matt eat shit on that if he could just have heard the character dialogue instead of Matt's sandbagging.

I need a new avatar without Matt in it. Where my three way Liam Pat and Woolie fanart at

This, however, does bother me. I haven't watched the LP since episode 6 and these news are really not encouraging me to keep going. Shame.

Oh my god Bloodborne is just the best with the three of them.

I watch ENB/German Spy for calculated, careful movements through areas, and then watch Pat eat shit left and right as he tries to figure out the nightmare. That whole bit from ~22m was just magnificent. It's especially funny to hear German Spy comment on their playthrough.

convo

Comment section blaming all on Gaf again when he got the worst spoilers via Twitter. One wonders what they believe they know about Pat or these guys in general.

Matsukaze

Comment section blaming all on Gaf again when he got the worst spoilers via Twitter. One wonders what they believe they know about Pat or these guys in general.
It's adorable reading comments that throw shade on GAF when many of those same comments reveal very clearly that they are wholly unfamiliar with GAF.

Bloodborne continues to be amazing. The Party Well was every bit as good as I had hoped. Pat's emphatic "FUCK ME!" outbursts of disbelief when he got killed at that one point were so heartfelt, it was great.

PBalfredo

Played and subsequently beat Undertale in one sitting earlier this week. Which lead me to marathoning the Undertale LP that I skipped earlier. Good shit. They were way into it and even showed of some stuff I missed, like Temmie Village. I vaguely recall them talking about Undertale on the podcast before, and I want to listen again now that I have a frame of reference. But I don't which podcast that was or when. Any help please?

Also, thank god Pat wasn't behind the wheel or it would have been a genocide run.

Xux

Vessel one-off:
Matt and Pat play some SNES TNG game.
Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. I'd love them to play more
Star Trek
games as a regular series.

There's only been one of those games I've ever played and it was some shitty side scrolling game on the Genesis that I rented from Blockbuster. Never got past the first stage.

What kills me is people who message them actual pictures of spoilers. Like what the fuck.

That's just people trying to be huge assholes and then not fully commiting to their assholery by pretending they didn't know they weren't spoiled yet, what a shit excuse. If you're gonna be an asshole at least have the balls to commit to it, if not you're both an asshole AND a coward.

Matsukaze

Final Fantasy X Part 13 - Ah, the ruining of cutscenes continues. I almost went momentarily deaf from their scream-laughter. Could've done without that.

There really wasn't much to this episode. I'm glad Matt was smart enough to grind off-screen because an episode of that would put a guy to sleep, and I'm glad to hear he's wary of over-leveling because outright stomping bosses would get boring. I previously said that they had until the Highroad to keep me watching. I'll give them some leeway and keep watching to see how Operation Super Fun Time Excellent Idea goes.

It's especially funny to hear German Spy comment on their playthrough.

It's been so great to hear his take on how they've been progressing. You don't get enough of that kind of cross-pollination in most lets plays. The episodes are even spaced out in a way that makes watching both playthroughs compliment each other perfectly.

It's been so great to hear his take on how they've been progressing. You don't get enough of that kind of cross-pollination in most lets plays. The episodes are even spaced out in a way that makes watching both playthroughs compliment each other perfectly.

I really hope he sees today's episode before he wraps up his Old Hunters playthrough. I have a great feeling he'd be in stitches watching Pat fall for damn near every single ambush.

Happy New Year frienders!

Two hours to go. How is the future?

Bringing in the New Year the right way. Playing Undertale, drinking DIY sparklin' grape juice, and listening to the Friendcast.

Here's to another great
nothing matters in the end and we're all going to die someday
year, Frienders

Xux

I assume we are never gonna get more Wolfenstine at this point.
A part went up today on Vessel so it should be elsewhere in a couple days.

Here's upcoming stuff; don't know if people like this sort of thing posted:

Devil's Third Multiplayer & Ultimax FNF
Bloodborne 12 & FFX 14
Wolfenstein 9 &
Star Trek TNG SNES One-off

Rean

Devil's Third sure ended, that sure was an ending. Overall, it was a pretty good LP of a pretty bad game. Liam and Matt had good commentary most of the time and the game was (at times) silly enough that their reactions were a lot of fun, but then it also had the traditional TPS sins like waves after waves of enemies that got dull fast.
Yeah it was pretty entertaining overall. I thought they were gonna try the multiplayer since they didn't call the last part "Final" but I guess not.

Top Bottom