• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

BazzBro

Well apart from the obvious (Bloodborne, if you have enough for that and with dlc if possible), Astebreed is on sale right now I think. Also DMC4 SE is pretty good (or hell, even DmC remastered as it fixes most of the shitty things from the ps3 version...well apart from Vergil and Dante themselves but it's still a fun character action)

Transformers Devastation is also nice.

witcher 3, rocket lug, the REST of battlefront

witcher 3, rocket lug, the REST of battlefront

probably should have mentioned I already have a pc(and already own Witcher 3 and DMC4:SE) so i'm just looking for non-pc games(unless they have something on the ps4 version that makes it significantly better).

That said I guess blood borne is current at the top of the list, though I had originally planned to get it later for no particular reason... i know disgaea 5 is on there, but are there any other exclusive(and good) jrpgs on ps4 worth looking at? The only ones i can think of that i care about are P5 and digimon cyber slueth but they aren't out yet. Sure there are more, right?

Yikes, I can't see Pat playing HotS very long. Makes a comment on Twitter about a Moba and the comments just erupt in what is and isn't the right way to play.

And people say the communities for those games aren't terrible.

Yikes, I can't see Pat playing HotS very long. Makes a comment on Twitter about a Moba and the comments just erupt in what is and isn't the right way to play.

And people say the communities for those games aren't terrible.

yeah this is probably the only time people have ever been assholes on twitter

but hey, keep fucking that chicken.

Neol

Every f2p community is gonna be toxic regardless of what genre.

Pat has thick skin though and he hasn't played a MOBA so I can see him playing a bit longer at least in comparison to hearthstone.

tsundoku

afaict the 'missing video' yesterday is because the machinima videos are coming out in 3 parts on vessel so 4 days ago on vessel there was ffx part 11 and a third of a machinima video?

vessel is fuckin impossible to use if you're not checking it every day though so who knows

guess who finally got their skell
this guy
grinding to 30 after i watch tonights vids so i can get the skell i really want
ill give Lin the lv20 one since she loves Skells so much
im just worried theyll hate the game and never get to enjoy the Skell cause their too damn impatient
nothings free in life gotta earn your mech

Vessel

Getting reaaaaaaaally tired of the nonstop Tidus bashing even during scenes where he's not acting like a brat. It's starting to reach Kenny levels of "Come on dude." Hell, it's extending to pretty much every character this isn't "Cool." I want to enjoy this LP, but they're making it real hard.

Didn't Pot and Liam tease a Lost Song video a while ago, or am I just being crazy?

this guy
im just worried theyll hate the game and never get to enjoy the Skell cause their too damn impatient

I'm only about 6-7 hours in and I'm really enjoying it. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the skills/augments/gear the game throws at you immediately. It's still enjoyable, but the micromanaging just isn't for me.

I'm also trying to finish FF13 before I get too deep into X so I can uninstall 13 from my computer. It's an...ok-ish game? I think this Jontron video sums up my thoughts perfectly

this guy
It's not like the game's boring before the skell, it is very needed that they don't give you one immediately because of how complicated the game already is without them, so many players would be put off. Also makes you appreciate your skell more when you do get it.

Finally got around to listening to the podcast today after having an hour long discussion with a friend of mine about Blackthorne eventually getting added to HotS... Thought I'd be safe from any more talk of such things in my favorite anti-moba podcast but no apparently. I can't escape this stuff, it would seem.

Didn't Pot and Liam tease a Lost Song video a while ago, or am I just being crazy?

I'm only about 6-7 hours in and I'm really enjoying it. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the skills/augments/gear the game throws at you immediately. It's still enjoyable, but the micromanaging just isn't for me.
wanna know something i just figured out today
you can mix and match different class skills as long as youve mastered the last class in said tree
say like me you mastered the last dual sword class Metal Jagguar
you can now use that class trees arts with ANY other class!

wanna know something i just figured out today
you can mix and match different class skills as long as youve mastered the last class in said tree
say like me you mastered the last dual sword class Metal Jagguar
you can now use that class trees arts with ANY other class!

Damn. Thanks for nothing, manual.
Changing classes really hurt me when I lost Chrome Armor, it'll be good to get it back
That was my favorite move in Xenoblade.

Here's the mage girl that does mage things very far away from the enemies BUT SHE CAN ALSO KICK THEM IN THEIR FACES AND TOPPLE EVEN THE HUGEST OF MONSTERS. Melia <3

Also big strong man Reyns move Wild Down can now be done by tiny moe girls.

FFX Part 12:

I knew going into it that BS would happen wrt the blitz match, but I am surprised at how close they really were to making proper plays and scoring (if they knew what they were doing). Only losing 1-0 is kinda cool, albeit Jassu and Keepa put in work. The fact that they didn't do anything but wait to be encountered was kinda funny (in a this is so stupid way) actually.

I don't think Titus even touched the ball. Also, was it so hard to comprehend that Titus was subbing out to let Wakka carry the team to the end? One last hurrah, which the crowd wanted too? It works well with the Jecht Shot mechanic, since that cost a lot of HP and Titus can only do it once. So he kinda needs to be subbed from a gameplay perspective.

The rest was mostly cutscene and story, intermingled with some rabbiting on about Blitzball animals...

Well, we know what's coming up in the next part.

Matsukaze

Final Fantasy X Episode 12 - Hmmm... Reading the rules provides you with answers to your questions. Who'da thunk it? :p

Positives - The
monster-men blitzball
commentary, in actual commentary style, was pretty good. And yeah, get hype for
Auron
. Damn straight. If they had shat on him, I might have dropped the LP on the spot lol.

Negatives - I know this isn't the first time that not reading the in-game instructions has bit the Best Friends on the butt, but you guys even knew you were playing with fire here. :p

I would LOVE to know what the guide had to say about this match, beyond "You're probably gonna lose." I have to imagine they just didn't bother reading it thoroughly, but if the guide actually doesn't mention the blitzball controls at all, then wow.

(As an aside - If there was any doubt whatsoever,
World Champion
will not be happening. Come to think of it, I'm curious as to whether they'll bother with any of the
Celestial Weapons
, but that's quite a ways off.)

Oh, and the Racist Wakka jokes are as weak and forced as the Whiny Tidus jokes, but I'm sure we haven't seen the last of them.

So yeah, overall, this episode was another mixed bag, leaning more towards bad than good. Fingers crossed for a turn-around to consistent hypeness within the next couple episodes.

Now on to the Jumpscares!

ive gotten Wakkas ult weapon so yea Matts full of shit
i really want some to call him out on that with a letter or something

He's not wrong that the game sucks and isn't fun, but the way he dismissed it when Woolie was practically begging to let him try and understand it was irritating.

Anung

Un Rama
He's not wrong that the game sucks and isn't fun, but the way he dismissed it when Woolie was practically begging to let him try and understand it was irritating.

Woolie on controls perhaps wouldn't save this LP but it'd certainly improve it. From what I've read dropping it was for the best.

I actually enjoyed blitzball in ffx myself(its one of the things ffx-2 actually did worse). My problem was I broke it to the point that I felt like I couldn't lose so I quit. Fucking jecht shot was just way too op.

Matsukaze

SHoJ Karamari Hospital vid was great. Pat's terror squeals are the best; they're higher in pitch than what I imagine Puck's voice would sound like. The original Spooky's House of Jumpscares was one of the best videos in the last shitstorm, so I'm glad they were on-board for another vid (obviously Matt's role and their names in the credits were other reasons). This video makes me want them to LP another horror game ASAP.

I actually enjoyed blitzball in ffx myself(its one of the things ffx-2 actually did worse). My problem was I broke it to the point that I felt like I couldn't lose so I quit. Fucking jecht shot was just way too op.
I'm in the exact same boat. Blitzball was painless and could be pretty enjoyable once you started recruiting players and building a team to your liking, but at the same time, it was too easy to make a stacked team that ran wild over the competition.

Say what you want about the FFX LP, but Matt and Woolie going on about
blitzball announcers going nuts for fish/fish people blitzball players and going full Insamouth
is great.

Plague needs to animate that shit ASAP.

Vessel

Getting reaaaaaaaally tired of the nonstop Tidus bashing even during scenes where he's not acting like a brat. It's starting to reach Kenny levels of "Come on dude." Hell, it's extending to pretty much every character this isn't "Cool." I want to enjoy this LP, but they're making it real hard.
It's Tidus, though.

And who cares about blitzball. It's a shit minigame. Just move past it and denounce your humanity.

mike0dude

bOEPk0L.jpg

So now that I finally saw Star Wars the other day I'm seeing what this Emo Kylo Ren account is about. Fucking lost it at the second post he ever made.

Top Bottom