• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Xux

Jeeze, Star Trek's even leaking into this first(?)
Game Grumps crossover
; it's amazing.

Matsukaze

Final Fantasy X Part 14 - I was tempted to skip ahead in this episode. I didn't, but the temptation was there. Commentary just continues to be so weak (though Bloodborne is spoiling me, so you can factor that into the equation).

At this point, I've hit the issue that I knew was coming - the monotony of random turn-based battles. As much as I love FFX, much of that love comes from actually playing it. Watching it generates far less hype and it is becoming a more noticeable issue. Turn-based games like Undertale and Barkley got around this issue because they had humor, smart writing, and weirdness within the battles to keep people entertained (the games offered material by the bucketload, which is one of the reasons I think both of those LPs did so well) but that's not the case here, where it's up to Matt and Woolie to keep things engaging during fights.

Anung

Un Rama
Ultimax Ultimate Back Down Apology video was decent. Better than Blaz but I felt bad for Matt as he had literally nothing to work with. Then again he never usually lets that stop him :p I think they should start practicing for FNF's as it'd be nice to have the competitiveness of Brawls.

The Old Hunters Part 12 - More of the same.

I'm watching the GOT LP and its pretty good. A lot of their observations are on point.

I should watch the GoT LP. Fell off around the start of the 3rd (game) episode and despite the fact that the game itself I hear turned to shit, I'm always for people shitting on bad Telltale games.

Skrams

Animation was nice, but that Woolie model is woof.

It's stylized, but whatever the style is, it's not really great? It's way easier for Matt with his mask, but Woolie doesn't really have much to fall back on with that. He has the shutter shades and hoodie, but that doesn't fit well with the suits here. There's also the slight problem with Woolie being black which makes it harder to really distinguish his facial movements here with the lighting. The white eyes were a pick to contrast the black I assume. Also minimalism and all that.

RIP. Never thought I would miss him.

I thought it was a real bummer when he passed. I wasn't particularly into Roosterteeth or RWBY, but I enjoyed Dead Fantasy or Haloid a lot back in the day. It's nice to see his stuff leak into other things nowadays, but it'll always be a bummer that he himself wasn't able to stick around long enough to see it or make even more really amazing things.

Jintor

maybe a little too much overuse on repeating strikes, but it was pretty entertaining.

shooting weapons that are also melee weapons are so cool. thanks bayonetta

Holy shit is the last boss of the Bloodborne DLC nuts. I can't wait to see how Pat does it, and I wonder how much Mr. Snip Snip will have to cut out of it.

Ok yeah. The FFX LP is getting too uncomfortably racist for me even for a fictionalized race. Jesus
Al Bhed having more animalistic heads therefore more animalistic
is not one bit funny.

The start trek episode would have been way better if they just started talking about which actors voiced which gargoyles characters.
Matt already blew Liam's young mind with some of that info in the Oneechambara Z2 episode of Creepy Anime Bullshit, but it would be fun to hear about that in future Trek game episodes.

Xux

Oh god,
Yakuza 5.
What an amazing looking game. Too bad I don't have a
PS3. Wish they LPed it but I guess they'd have to do it blind the first time so I guess it won't happen soon, at least.

ShotgunAxe is S-tier weapon already
Way cooler (and more practical) than your av erage gun-blade, but still nowhere near as dope as gun-hilts.

Oh god,
Yakuza 5.
What an amazing looking game. Too bad I don't have a
PS3. Wish they LPed it but I guess they'd have to do it blind the first time so I guess it won't happen soon, at least.
Did that game release outside of Japan yet or is the west already waiting on the next one again?

3b967310a3122fcd3d83cb05f94f0159_zpsyzhvmu3o.jpg

Shit's heating up on the Mefense of be Ancients front...

I actually think Pat could really love Dota if he didn't already convince himself that he hates everything about it even though he doesn't know anything.

Yeah. And I mean he's clearly a Giantbombcast fan, so he's listened to Brad rant and rave about it. He knows there's SOMETHING there that must be fun. Maybe he'll come around on it in a year or two.

Xux

Way cooler (and more practical) than your av erage gun-blade, but still nowhere near as dope as gun-hilts.

Did that game release outside of Japan yet or is the west already waiting on the next one again?
Both? I'm pretty sure it released the day Zero was announced for localization. Though, I guess we're still waiting for the localization ancient Japan spinoff, the remake of the first, and the sixth game.

So I just realized the last parts of The Old Hunters has been on Vessel for nearly 3 weeks. This service just get shittier and shittier man.

joe2187

Banned
I feel at this point they need to just do a lets watch of some Star Trek episodes, just for the fuck of it.

You can have Pat and Matt talk shit for half an hour while Liam plays on his Vita and woolie drinks himself into a coma.

I feel at this point they need to just do a lets watch of some Star Trek episodes, just for the fuck of it.

You can have Pat and Matt talk shit for half an hour while Liam plays on his Vita and woolie drinks himself into a coma.

As someone whose only ever seen random episodes of TNG with no context and then went back to watch all the ones with Q in them years later I can think of no better way to experience the series than with these guys bullshitting over top of it. Sign me up!

Yeah this would be cool even if it was only Matt and Pat and I've barely ever watched Star Trek, it could even convince me to watch it myself. Pick like 3 episodes, 1 bad, 1 good and 1 whatever and talk over them.

Edzi

I actually think Pat could really love Dota if he didn't already convince himself that he hates everything about it even though he doesn't know anything.

If there's one thing we should have learned about Pat over the last year, it's that you can't really take his opinions on stuff like this seriously. He can get insanely heated over something one day, and then completely flip his opinion a couple days later. He'll probably be the biggest Dota fan within the next few months.

If there's one thing we should have learned about Pat over the last year, it's that you can't really take his opinions on stuff like this seriously. He can get insanely heated over something one day, and then completely flip his opinion a couple days later. He'll probably be the biggest Dota fan within the next few months.
And then drop it like a sack of bricks the following week.

And the cycle continues onward.

Sounds like everyone ever. People make Pat out to be crazy, and he is in a lot of aspects, but when it comes to liking a thing and then hating it the next day and vice versa it's not all that uncommon.

Sounds like everyone ever. People make Pat out to be crazy, and he is in a lot of aspects, but when it comes to liking a thing and then hating it the next day and vice versa it's not all that uncommon.

It's also not as common as you make it out to be, Pat is way more stubborn about not liking a thing than any other member of SBFP by a country mile. So many times he's been proven wrong about something he disliked and his general reaction is "yeah but no imma hate it anyway", Pat even admits that sometimes he's just being an asshole about things.

It's also not as common as you make it out to be, Pat is way more stubborn about not liking a thing than any other member of SBFP by a country mile. So many times he's been proven wrong about something he disliked and his general reaction is "yeah but no imma hate it anyway", Pat even admits that sometimes he's just being an asshole about things.

How can you be "proven wrong" when you say you hate something? You can't let others tell you how to feel about something.

Disgraced

♩ ♪ ♫ The great thing about being a human
The ability to reason
But reasoning don't work when no one cares
Two parts apathy, one part despair
Guess what, this might come as a surprise
I'll no longer roll my eyes
A change of heart to let the conscience breath
One quick twist, just 180 degrees
♩ ♪ ♫

When I say proven wrong I mean when the conversation goes like

1:"I hate X because Y"
2:"Y isn't a thing"
1:"I hate X anyway"

So he ends up not really having a reason for hating something but hates it anyway because he's stubborn.

Top Bottom