• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Happy New Year, frienders. Hope you guys didn't end your 2015 on a bad note like I did. Here's to the age of Professionalism/Woolie/Fuck Knows What.

Yeah it was pretty entertaining overall. I thought they were gonna try the multiplayer since they didn't call the last part "Final" but I guess not.
They are going to. It's already up on Vessel.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
The Zaibatsu has made some pretty weird videos before.

Also, DJ Rom!
J2HR2DG.png

Oberon

Banned
I think Devil's third was a pretty ok LP. I guess it's mostly the games fault for being pretty repetitive, but at least it was pretty short. Was hoping for more bats.

So I started watching Plinkett's Star Wars reviews even though I've never seen a Star Wars movie all the way through(I've seen maybe 15 minutes total) and I realized that the very first thing I ever saw in Star Wars was that Senate hearing scene that lasts for way too long. In hindsight it makes a whole lot of sense that I never got into these movies despite really liking sci-fi.

These reviews are good entertainment though.

Pat's right though, some people really have no idea how to tag spoilers(not talking about this thread) or don't care as much as they should.

That goes both ways, though. There are so many unnecessary spoiler tags in some threads. Like people spoiler-tagging the names of weapons that don't have any lore significance. Oh no, now everyone will know about the Whirligig Saw!

That's terrible about Star Wars, by the way. I'm someone who loves hard sci-fi/transhumanism and generally "talky" sci-fi (loved Ex Machina, for example), and even still that Senate scene is fucking awful. That was shot with no cognition that an audience existed and would be watching it, like most of the prequels. Lucas was just so mindlessly self-indulgent in his directing of those films it hurts.

Gestahl

That goes both ways, though. There are so many unnecessary spoiler tags in some threads. Like people spoiler-tagging the names of weapons that don't have any lore significance. Oh no, now everyone will know about the Whirligig Saw!

Some idiot got livid at me once because I dared to mention that some rando scientist from Mass Effect 1 was mentioned in the opening Martin Sheen email for that stupid tank DLC for ME2. Like fuck who gives a shit, I bet they wouldn't even had noticed if I hadn't mentioned it either

Anung

Un Rama
The Old Hunters 11 - Still the best. Loved that DJ Rom shit and in true souls fashion even though they are over-leveled they are still get their shit smashed apart and one shotted.

tsundoku

did they skip a day somehow on vessel
i swear i didn't see any videos yesterday cause I was busy with stuff in the evening but there's nothing new on vessel today?
or did the videos come out super early in the day yesterday and didnt come out super early in the day today?

sjay1994

did they skip a day somehow on vessel
i swear i didn't see any videos yesterday cause I was busy with stuff in the evening but there's nothing new on vessel today?
or did the videos come out super early in the day yesterday and didnt come out super early in the day today?

Vessel is weird, sometimes its on time, sometimes it not, sometimes there are no videos in a day, sometimes there are more than 2.

BossRush

Man I feel bad kinda saying this but Matt's a bit of a downer in the ultimax fnf, it feels like he doesn't really know what to say since well, he hasn't played persona

Man I feel bad kinda saying this but Matt's a bit of a downer in the ultimax fnf, it feels like he doesn't really know what to say since well, he hasn't played persona

It's hard to get hyped or say much if you haven't played persona or Ultimax, you could tell that he was trying to add to the episode but they were always talking about stuff he couldn't possibly understand.

I want an Aviary Attorney LP.

I just finished watching The Force Awakens, so I'm about to watch the roundtable review. Man, what a fucking great movie. I can't express how much I loved this movie. I'm so excited for the rest of the trilogy. What did you all think of it, if you've watched it?

I just finished watching The Force Awakens, so I'm about to watch the roundtable review. Man, what a fucking great movie. I can't express how much I loved this movie. I'm so excited for the rest of the trilogy. What did you all think of it, if you've watched it?
My thoughts. And I love Star Wars.
TFA was pretty underwhelming. Felt like watching JJ Abrams unoriginal fan fiction.

And the Best Friends are filthy liars. I wanted to leave the theater with the amount of "Hey, you remember the original trilogy?" moments there were.

FNF spoilers
No one picked Liz in Ultimax

I loved how Pat went crazy about Aigis having a suplex. A pretty ok FNF as the recent ones goes. Im kinda surprised on the things they get wrong in this one. lol at Margret having bad normals

I'm pretty sure the reason Pat thought that Aigis had the ultra suplex hold was because of this piece of official art
But yeah, she doesn't actually have it in the game. Margaret does. What's funny is that they actually do it when they pick Margaret and they didn't even realize. They even did it as the round finisher which makes it say "Ultra Suplex Hold" on the side.

I know. I cannot believe I was denied
Elizabeth
but they remembered both of Sho's forms.

It gets even more awkward when you remember that
they almost forgot to pick Elizabeth in the first P4A video

I'm pretty sure they did mention her but same as last time nobody knows how to play her so they didnt pick her.

Jonami90

Neo Member
Oh man, Ultimax is so good. It's such a shame that game is pretty much dead online, and even when there do happen to be players online they're all from the US or Japan, which as a European is a pretty big obstacle.

The rust was real and they forgot Elizabeth but this was still a lot of fun. Pat and Woolie just silently slugging it out in the end was great.

EDIT: This is the Shadow Labrys IK finish they were talking about. SO GOOD.

Skrams

Been gone a bit. It's alright to be back. Bummer about everyone being bummed about everything. I don't know if it's a only here thing, but you guys are kind of going in circles over and over about the Matt forcing jokes and certain bits stuff. It feels more drawn out considering the drawn out nature of the episodes I guess.

I currently have no LPs to watch because I'd rather play the stuff first and I just haven't yet. Devil's Third was a pretty good LP. Shame about the game having such a nothing ending though. I was hoping it would do something wackier, but it was just a kind of nothing story. Final Boss and Condor Spire was neat though.

I guess I have Naruto to look forward to at least.
Yeah, it was cute the first time they dipped out of the actual gameplay, but there wasn't enough material there to keep doing it.
I don't care about BlazBlue and I was pretty bored most of the time. Shitting on the game or fanbase or whatever that video even was did nothing for me.
Guess I'll put my input in.

Love the podcast and its honestly one of the best decisions the group has ever made. Don't really understand how podcasts can be tedious to some people as you can just listen to it when doing other activities like working out, traveling or doing work but I understand how listening to podcasts is not for everyone. But for me, as long as they keep continuing on with it I'll listen so keep it up Woolz. ;D
I'm surprised anyone would really hop off the podcast unless some talking over each other really annoyed them. It'll be harder to do probably with these new mics I'd imagine. People should also probably listen to podcasts during other monotonous activities like most people. Driving, public transportation, chores, or anything else. It's one of my favorite parts of the week and is my main podcast.
Pat is reaching Dan Ryckert levels of weirdness.
He has Dan Ryckert levels of weirdness with food, but he's becoming Brad Shoemaker now that he's getting into HotS.
I just have less time on my hands nowadays, so I'm watching less and getting pickier. Also older. Though, I will agree the podcast is the most consistently good content.
People should stop using the older thing when most of the fans in this thread are only 18-24. Maybe it's just my personal grievance, but the older thing should probably be reserved for when you're not in the prime of your life.
I'm catching up on the christmas cast and this talk about the PSO bet is making me lose it, if I was in Woolie's situation I would probably also grab my popcorn and enjoy the show.

Fucking Liam making up his own betting rules lmao
This whole bet has been fucked for a while. Pat said before he would reup forever and he decided a while back that nah, he can just end it any year he wants. He also gave him the option of $100 in US dollar bills which is worth way more than the bet amount and he still didn't take it. Oh no, the annoyance of having another $100 to exchange for canadian money or just saving it for another convention.
Didn't Pot and Liam tease a Lost Song video a while ago, or am I just being crazy?
Yeah, they promised a Lost Song quick look.
Comment section blaming all on Gaf again when he got the worst spoilers via Twitter. One wonders what they believe they know about Pat or these guys in general.
GAF shitting happens every time it's mentioned on the reddit. Hell, linking gaf because of a news piece is viable to get some guy shitting everywhere about it in the comments.

Oh man, Ultimax is so good. It's such a shame that game is pretty much dead online, and even when there do happen to be players online they're all from the US or Japan, which as a European is a pretty big obstacle.

The rust was real and they forgot Elizabeth but this was still a lot of fun. Pat and Woolie just silently slugging it out in the end was great.

EDIT: This is the Shadow Labrys IK finish they were talking about. SO GOOD.

Pausing the game so it doesn't finish. What a baby lol

Yes I know that's a tournament thing, but it's done in between rounds. When it's the last round of the match doing it just comes across to me as a sore loser.

Nazo

I wonder if Matt and Woolie would ever do a LP of Psychonauts. They seemed somewhat excited by the announcement of the sequel on twitter/the podcast (though they did seem a bit deflated by the news its a crowd funded project) so they must have some love for the original game. I asked Matt on tumblr about this but I have a feeling it got eaten by tumblr (or he just ignored it, but I'm willing to believe the former). It's a pretty short and funny game so I think it would fit the channel pretty well.

Skrams

Also forgot to mention that Pat is fucking nuts for saying Chrono Cross music sucks.

I also wrote a note on my phone about what I thought of the lastlast podcast.

Liam has Gio Corsi wrapped around his finger because PSO2. Pat's a coward. Thanksgiving is on a Thursday and Black Friday is after you silly Canadians.

The limitation of spoilers is a case by case basis. So little people play games like Corpse Party, VLR, or DR, so I feel like those don't get spoiled as often. I would say limitations are technically up I guess, but no one spoils them because it's just not expected for niche games like that. The certain people who play those games wouldn't spoil them because generally those people know not to be assholes about it. Usually at least. So like a Liam.

I think 2 years after Star Wars ends is a bit nuts. I think when the third movie rolls around is when people should be generally fine to talk about it Episode 1 and 2. So 3-4 years or whatever it is. Plenty of time for a big franchise like that. I also don't think there's that much to spoil besides one key moment in TFA.

But yeah, mostly depends on the franchise or how niche it is or whatever. There isn't one rule to it all.

Also fuck off with saying the full One Punch Man opening isn't as good as the chopped down version, Pat. The part at 2:15 is fucking maximum boners.

Pausing the game so it doesn't finish. What a baby lol

Yes I know that's a tournament thing, but it's done in between rounds. When it's the last round of the match doing it just comes across to me as a sore loser.

He unplugged his stick which pauses the game. It's kind of just peoples nature to unplug after the match is over. It's either that or sit there and watch yourself get instakilled and get a guy on the internet screencapping your sad face. I guess he could of sat there to let it play out for the people watching, but eh.

I mean of course he was salty about it, everybody would be if they got finished off like that. I don't blame him even if it was less hype that way, the fact that he landed the IK was much more hype than watching the IK happen anyway.

I feel like all the other members are better at performing even when they aren't into the game being played than Matt. Like, even Woolie in that Animorphs video still managed to make a go of it. Matt, if he's interesting in the game being played, is great. Just look at Bloodborne or Fast Racing Neo, recently. But when he isn't into the game you get Persona or like Sonic Adventure.

Jabronium

German Spy has been really coy about some details around the Old Hunters and it might be related to NDA, so I was curious about that more at this particular moment.

I noticed that watching the last parts of Spy's Old Hunter's playthrough. There were a couple parts that really sounded like "I know what's really going on but can't spell it out for you because reasons". Shame it doesn't look like ENB will be doing a playthrough anytime soon.

Mild spoiler for today's episode:
I know it's just one death, but why would Pat go charging in to fight the Winter Lanterns without sedatives equipped? C'mon, man.

I noticed that watching the last parts of Spy's Old Hunter's playthrough. There were a couple parts that really sounded like "I know what's really going on but can't spell it out for you because reasons". Shame it doesn't look like ENB will be doing a playthrough anytime soon.

Mild spoiler for today's episode:
I know it's just one death, but why would Pat go charging in to fight the Winter Lanterns without sedatives equipped? C'mon, man.

I got really pissed at the finale of Spy's run because he focuses on
shadow Orphan of Kos
and says "you should all be able to figure this out", and I don't know if he meant
that you were fighting a phantom the entire time and this is the true host of the nightmare, or that the Orphan is actually some character we've never seen before; it kind of looked Pthumerian?

Also, frenzy is bullshit and sedatives don't help for shit with how quickly it builds up, unless you have a full anti-frenzy armor set. It's much faster to just beat the Lanterns down and use the blood vials. Pat just bit off more trying to take on the second one so quickly.

Matsukaze

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters Part 12 - Did you know that the best ongoing LP by a country mile is still the best ongoing LP by a country mile?

It's a shame Pat opted to
execute Brador
early. I would have enjoyed their reactions to him showing up again and again like a pain in the ass. I didn't really spend too much time with the Bloodletter in my own game so it was nice to see it in action.

And I appreciate Woolie making the stealth Kira Yoshikage reference.

Matsukaze

Where and what was it ?
In the mollusk cave, when he first brought up
fingernails
, he followed it up with a quip about
keeping track of one's fingernails and keeping the clippings in jars

To be fair to Pat,
Simon just gives you the key to Brador's cell immediately. Most players probably think "Oh cool, I can explore that cell now!" then go straight to his cell get invaded outside his cell and murder him like Pat did. (I did too on my first run of the DLC).
Oh I certainly don't begrudge Pat for doing what he did. I totally understand why most folks do the same! I just think it would have been funny to hear cries of "YOU AGAIN?!" when Mr. Antlers keeps reappearing.

Nazo

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters Part 12 - Did you know that the best ongoing LP by a country mile is still the best ongoing LP by a country mile?

It's a shame Pat opted to
execute Brador
early. I would have enjoyed their reactions to him showing up again and again like a pain in the ass. I didn't really spend too much time with the Bloodletter in my own game so it was nice to see it in action.

And I appreciate Woolie making the stealth Kira Yoshikage reference.

To be fair to Pat,
Simon just gives you the key to Brador's cell immediately. Most players probably think "Oh cool, I can explore that cell now!" then go straight to his cell get invaded outside his cell and murder him like Pat did. (I did too on my first run of the DLC).

Oh I certainly don't begrudge Pat for doing what he did. I totally understand why most folks do the same! I just think it would have been funny to hear cries of "YOU AGAIN?!" when Mr. Antlers keeps reappearing.

Oh I absolutely agree. Would have been an excellent series of moments. If there is anyone to be mad at its Miyazaki/Fromsoft for making that sequence of events as easy to fuck up as it is.

Top Bottom