• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Truly, the breakfast of champions
JCgh64K.png

Also the podcast video, I guess

Because of the Life is Strange LP, and hearing how good it is, I've been trying to get caught up on my own before watching Matt and Liam play it, which is a feat, considering I had only finished Episode 1.

Well, over the past few days, I've been getting through episodes 2 and 3. I have a lot of emotions to sort through, and I'm not sure when I'll be mentally prepared to start Episode 4.

I made a Liam gasp when I saw Chloe during the Episode 3 ending...

So how bout that Metal Gear trailer

Wish I didn't watch it. I know that spoiler probably isn't a spoiler and just imagery, but it had me worried for a good minute. I don't think Kojima would put a spoiler in the launch trailer.

The montage of all the games was very touching, though.

So how bout that Metal Gear trailer
YOOOO!! So hype.
Spoiler:
That's some straight up Gundam tomfoolery and I like it.
Gimme dat Until Dawn LP

Hearin there's a big spoiler so I'm not gonna watch it till after I beat it.
There's one that might be a huge spoiler depending on who's watching, but there is some more conjecture to be made out of the rest of the imagery shown. If you really want to stay totally spoiler free you should probably stay clear.

Wrestling discussion on the podcast is pretty cringe at points, but i really won't get into it much since none of them besides Matt probably watch more than a couple PPVs a year. I do agree that it was an alright PPV that was fun to watch.

Also, if Liam sees this, if you really wanna see a good women's match the night before Summer Slam had the best women's match in WWE history with Baylee vs Sasha Banks (the girl Matt forgot on Team BAD because fuck Team BAD). NXT Takeover was awesome, especially those last two matches.

And also Sasha Banks da bess
sasha-banks-boss-nxt-632x330.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, I wish they'd watched NXT Takeover as well.

Also, another reason to wish the podcast was recorded on Tuesdays: The fact that we didn't get to hear Matt's (and everyone else's) reactions to the holy shit mark out moments on Raw last night.

Inspired by Pat, I decided to pledge to the TTGL album kickstarter, but I noticed it was only 200 away from the 10k for the cowboy bebop stretch goal so instead, I waited... and low and behold, i get up later and its only $19 away from 10k, so i just put it over the edge with a $20 pledge.

Jintor

I stopped paying attention for a hot second and I completely lost track of what series they were talking about

Guess it's life is strange. Cool?

Got confused because they were talking about time travel in wrestling earlier

/edit Liam's dark joke holy shit

Anung

Un Rama
They mentioned it a few podcasts ago (when Matt wasn't there lol) and I totally agree. Matt is the fucking WORST at not spoiling things/dancing around spoilers. Whenever Matt mentions a cool thing I try and zone out.

I played a few hours of Until Dawn today and this is going to make for a most excellent play-through.

ElTopo

Banned
Question for Pat if he still sticks his head in this thread: did you already play Until Dawn before handing it off to Matt or is this a blind run? When you guys do blind runs it's kinda' hit or miss, I liked the Walking Dead season 2 LP but quite a few other dudes didn't.

aly

Question for Pat if he still sticks his head in this thread: did you already play Until Dawn before handing it off to Matt or is this a blind run? When you guys do blind runs it's kinda' hit or miss, I liked the Walking Dead season 2 LP but quite a few other dudes didn't.

That would be pretty impressive if he played through already considering the game came out yesterday, which is the day they would've had to play it together. So I'm gonna say no. But it would be hilarious trolling potential if he had.

Numb

Pat ain't aint Liam who finishes the game by just coming in contact with the disc.
Double blind LPs are a double edged sword and always preffered one person having some knowledge.

ArjanN

Pat ain't aint Liam who finishes the game by just coming in contact with the disc.
Double blind LPs are a double edged sword and always preffered one person having some knowledge.

It's like a Quantum Dream/Telltale game, There's nothing to get stuck on gameplay-wise.

Squishy3

i can ask him if i see him on ffxiv

aly

After watching this I have to say they need to tone down the constant talking down a bit, there's maybe 5 seconds out of the entire video.where they're not talking.

I kinda agree, not because I don't like the talking, but because the voice acting is good and full of a lot of info about important things that they probably are or will miss.

Top Bottom