• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

ArjanN

I kinda agree, not because I don't like the talking, but because the voice acting is good and full of a lot of info about important things that they probably are or will miss.

Yeah, that's what I meant, I don't think Pat has heard one word of the dialogue so far. :p

I'm still kind of surprised by what Until Dawn actually has in it. Only point of reference I had for what this game was supposed to be was that live demo from Playstation Experience so all I saw was intense horror chase with choices and QTEs, but I had no idea there'd be Shattered Memories style psych questions, visions of the future and goddamn social links.

I will agree with the sentiment already mentioned that the talking not be so constant or at least a bit quieter because I am legitimately more interested in the story and set up than I was a week ago, but I'm still excited to see where this game goes regardless.

Anung

Un Rama
Pat ain't aint Liam who finishes the game by just coming in contact with the disc.
Double blind LPs are a double edged sword and always preffered one person having some knowledge.

I don't think that'll hurt this game. If anything them both not knowing what to do and shouting choices will be entertaining. It's not the kind of game where you'll need skill or knowledge to help or guide the other player.

joe2187

Banned
I like how pat talks about going fully digital now, and uses Wolfenstein the old blood as an example...

even though I just bought it yesterday because I waited until now to play it because it finally released on retail.

Retail all the way.

Im even importing Deception and Revelations 2 for the Vita...just so I can have a physical copy (and my memory card is already fucking full)

It's like impossible for my to listen to Pat and Matt and the game at the some time. I may just watch a stream or a playthrough that isn't broken up into 30 minute segments. I'm not sure there's much point in waiting for the incremental release if I'm barely paying attention to Matt and Pat.

Edit: Who am I kidding I'm probably just going to watch this.

Aww rewatching Silent Hill 2 and this makes me sad all over again:

Matt: "I don't think modern-day Konami would let anyone just do whatever...unless you're Kojima. That's why there's hope for Silent Hills."

:[[

Why must people from the past's knowledge of the present be so outdated

explodet

OccasionalFragrantEider.gif
Now that's the ugliest damn Ingrid I've ever seen.

RAAAAINBOOOOOOW

Now that's the ugliest damn Ingrid I've ever seen.

RAAAAINBOOOOOOW
Times like this I wish it was already next Tuesday, just so we can hear what they have to say about this news.

Personally, it may not be Juri, but R. Mika's proving to be another incentive for me to give SFV a shot when it comes out.

aly

Glad I'm not the only one already excited for the next podcast to hear their thoughts on this. I can't believe R. Mika got in. I'm just so happy about it.

Watched Until Dawn, and I did not expect it to have that totem stuff, plus the character traits, and relationship statuses. Really looking forward to this LP. Them talking over wasn't too much of a problem, it only really bothered me when The Analyst was talking.

Can anyone confirm if
Both Hannah and Beth can survive

aly

Watched Until Dawn, and I did not expect it to have that totem stuff, plus the character traits, and relationship statuses. Really looking forward to this LP. Them talking over wasn't too much of a problem, it only really bothered me when The Analyst was talking.

Can anyone confirm if
Both Hannah and Beth can survive
Their deaths kick off the plot. You can't change it and the game even tells you this if you pay attention to the analyst who says that we can't change what happened last year.

Their deaths kick off the plot. You can't change it and the game even tells you this if you pay attention to the analyst who says that we can't change what happened last year.

Oh man I didn't catch that part. Should probably just play it myself first, then watch the lp.

I want Ono to come out in an Urien costume only to rip it off to reveal an Ingrid costume. I need more salt.

Also, Happy birthday Matt!

Fat4all

Banned
Some people might be a little peeved that they talk over the voice acting in their Until Dawn playthrough, but there's a lot of people Let's Playing it right now and I feel it's their conversations that have me coming back and re watching playthroughs a year+ from now.

Cry is starting a playthrough as well, so I plan to ping pong between both SBF and Cry, both will be great but for different reasons.

Skrams

Liam probably should of kept his hands on the controller for Conker. Matt failing the first platforming sequence twice and giving up wasn't great.

That Shovel Knight amiibo looks bootleg as hell

It seems likely to be real, but yeah, I do not like the look of the amiibo itself. It just screams bootleg to me.

Top Bottom