• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

So in preparation for the release of The Phantom Pain, I decided to go on dailymotion and check out Super Best Friends Watch - Metal Gear Solid 4.

I'd never watched it before.

Boy do they show everything that's wrong with that fucking game. From the creepy Sword Art Online-esque moments with the Beauty and the Beast Unit, to the long boring plot dump in chapter 3, to all the cool stuff only happening in the cutscenes, I remember how much I really dislike that game now.

Hopefully The Phantom Pain can wash all that ugliness away.

So in preparation for the release of The Phantom Pain, I decided to go on dailymotion and check out Super Best Friends Watch - Metal Gear Solid 4.

I'd never watched it before.

Boy do they show everything that's wrong with that fucking game. From the creepy Sword Art Online-esque moments with the Beauty and the Beast Unit, to the long boring plot dump in chapter 3, to all the cool stuff only happening in the cutscenes, I remember how much I really dislike that game now.

Hopefully The Phantom Pain can wash all that ugliness away.

Did they ever finish that Let's Watch?

been listening to the recent podcast and I can't believe Woolie is the only one in the Zaibatsu who watches Rick and Morty, it's absurd that Pat got into Steven Universe much quicker than R&M considering this is right up his alley

Numb

been listening to the recent podcast and I can't believe Woolie is the only one in the Zaibatsu who watches Rick and Morty, it's absurd that Pat got into Steven Universe much quicker than R&M considering this is right up his alley

SU is good but Rick and Morty is much better.They'll check it out one day most likely.
SU not bad tho.

I don't think Rick and Morty is in any way comparable to Steven Universe so saying one is better than the other is a bit weird.

I personally don't really care for Rick and Morty.

Archgan

According to Twitter, Pat started it 3 days ago. Not sure how far he got, though.

Numb

According to Twitter, Pat started it 3 days ago. Not sure how far he got, though.

On latest by now with his speed. Expect talk of it on the podcast.

Also where is the fancast Mike? Whats the schedule or is it whenever y'all feel like it?

Come on Liam how is that Musclefoot a smart design at all? "Just try different things?" It's supposed to be a mashing minigame, how am I supposed to figure out that I have to let him win for a second before then mashing? That's completely counter-intuitive.

I'm salty because I got stuck there for hours when I was younger before finally winning it, the legit way too.

If I had to describe Steven Universe after watching it for a bit I'd say it's endearing. It hasn't set my world on fire but it's really easy to like with how naturalistic the dialogue is and how good the performances are.

It's funny that I can't get over SU's art style (cause I'm not into Adventure Time or anything Peddleton Ward's crew has made) though I'm loving everything about Gravity Falls which I hoped the Zaibatsu would give some more love (much like the Over The Garden Wall)

Either way, Opinions

Steven Universe got boring for me really fast.

I appreciate some of its characters, but it feel really meh to me personally.

That and the fanbase scares me.

Numb

Just gotta know what area those fans hang and avoid it.
This reminds me about how we haven't add a brawl in 2 years and that depresses me.

No day that starts with the letter b. Otherwise would have something like birsday breakfast brawls.

aly

Fanbase and other people's headcanon can ruin a show. Best not pay any attention to them and just enjoy the things that actually appear in the show.

Skrams

I didn't even know Steven Universe had a big following until I started to see it leak in to this fanbase with all of the gang talking about it in the past few months ever since Matt started watching it.

Not new news, but people should probably not care about the fanbase of things and just watch/read/play the thing to get their own opinion. I'd be scared of so much media if I only knew it by the fanbase.

Insert SBF Fanbase Joke Here

Just rewatched Sonic Dreams Collection Spindash Quicklooks and I think this is easily their best video for 2015. Haven't laughed so hard in a long while since the Ride to Hell videos but the sheer confusing and genuine reactions especially from Woolie make this GOAT material.

It also reminded me of the old TBFP videos where they just picked the most random games and played (say like Metal Wolf). Also, I found out some of my favourite episodes were also the darkest (ex. that episode of Beyond Two Souls with the hobos and the almost sex scene).

TL:DR: Perfect mix of dark jokes + blind reactions + feel of old school videos = greatest stand alone video of 2015

Really hope they do more videos like this

Numb

I didn't even know Steven Universe had a big following until I started to see it leak in to this fanbase with all of the gang talking about it in the past few months ever since Matt started watching it.

Not new news, but people should probably not care about the fanbase of things and just watch/read/play the thing to get their own opinion. I'd be scared of so much media if I only knew it by the fanbase.

Insert SBF Fanbase Joke Here
Sonic

Its hype but really draining. Not many can handle so many of them. Cant wait for the return of the mystery boxes.
I just can't wait for more Until Dawn. Only one part so far and I'm anxious for the next one. I have to see how Matt gets everyone killed (or saved. That'd be nice, but mostly killed).

Numb

I just can't wait for more Until Dawn. Only one part so far and I'm anxious for the next one. I have to see how Matt gets everyone killed (or saved. That'd be nice, but mostly killed).
Indeed. Wish they took advantage of that open slot last night and just released an ep. But they gotta keep schedules amirite? Messing up with the uploads doesnt count.

aly

Its hype but really draining. Not many can handle so many of them. Cant wait for the return of the mystery boxes.

I guess that's how I felt about them. John Cena High has easily been my favorite, but I can only keep up hype for about 2 weeks, instead of a month.

Numb

I guess that's how I felt about them. John Cena High has easily been my favorite, but I can only keep up hype for about 2 weeks, instead of a month.
You got an entire year to prepare but it aint enough sometimes.Plus they are running short on quality games everyday but love when they return to already played ones like All stars. Only time you get to see them do 4 man fights so i treat it like a ghetto brawl.
Return brawls dammit!

Anung

Un Rama

Totally. Really excited to see the whole LP. Gonna be amazing I think.

Metal Gear arrived today so catch y'all on the flipside, fuckers.

zeemumu

The one that they didn't choose was a butterfly effect because
it's determined by whether or not you looked at Chris' phone.

Top Bottom