• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Shiro's a fucking moron, but he's still way fucking better than Kou Uraki, that lame, retarded piece of shit.

McGilis's whole thing is to show the politics of Gjallahorn, which apparently future aristocratic bullshit and power alliances, which is why you get political marriages between
a bastard son and his best friend's little sister

I get that and I probably just read too much into it but he acted like it wasn't just a political move to him, even when
Gaelio
was teasing him about it. After giving it some tought though, it rather seems that he doesn't think too highly of the whole game-of-thrones'ing going on and just doesn't want
a child to grow up feeling like she only has worth as a political asset.

Matsukaze

I watched the Wolfenstein and Bloodborne finales, as well as FFX Part 16.

Wolfenstein finale was, well, flat. I mean it's super straightforward, even for a final boss fight in a cramped room goes, and it isn't "bad". Matt and Pat had fun with the game, so it could have been much worse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters finale was great, especially Pat freaking out about Matt "sabotaging" him. Just a fantastic LP from start to finish. Makes me all the more eager to see them do another Souls LP. Sad to see this one go.

FFX Part 16 - Well, I've made my opinions on this LP known. I've kept wavering between tossing this LP in the garbage can and staying the course in the hopes I grow to like it. Honestly, this was probably one of the better episodes commentary-wise, because as much as I usually prefer game-relevant/insightful/constructive commentary to arbitrary chat, their Spider-Man and symbiotes talk kept me hooked, although thank God they didn't dive into the Spider-Clone saga, because fuck that storyline. I do wish Matt could muti-task, though; there were a couple moments this episode where he just stopped doing anything while he was talking to Woolie and I just couldn't understand why.

Skrams

Spiderman 3 video was nonstop goofing with how janky that game is. Bummer that Arin somehow fucked up the best part by not listening to Matt when he told him to fail the QTE.

Tcab96

That game grumps video is strong.

I was in the classroom waiting for my class to start, so I decided to watch it. Worst mistake ever. I was trying so hard not to lose my shit.

"That's like 8 Gwen Stacis right there."

I really need a playthrough of these four now. Jesus Christ.

Anung

Un Rama
Holy Fuck. That Maddentown story. That is some Genghis Khan shit.

Not even close. As much as they push it sometimes, I don't think they've ever sunk as low as the grumps when it comes to straight up phoning it in.

Just Cause 3 is probably the closest they've come to just phoning it in. Minimal effort.

I get that and I probably just read too much into it but he acted like it wasn't just a political move to him, even when was teasing him about it. After giving it some tought though, it rather seems that he doesn't think too highly of the whole game-of-thrones'ing going on and just doesn't want
a child to grow up feeling like she only has worth as a political asset.
That's pretty much what I think too, since he's the Treize of IBO and is already plotting to shake things up.

There's also the fact that he is engaged to his best friend's sister, so treating her well is the least he can do.

Listening to Maddentown a second time, I feel more inclined to believe that all the lies that Matt & Pat made about Woolie are at least true. Maybe not in Woolie's case specifically, but someone else in the family more than likely is.

Nazo

The Spiderman 3 video was excellent. I second that they should do a full LP of the game. Mostly because I played a disproportionately huge amount of the game back in the day (I was young and stupid) so I have a twisted sense of nostalgia for the game. I actually played it so much I discovered a glitched combo in the game that instant kills entire groups of enemies with a finishing move that's just a single punch that sends enemies flying. It was some One Punch Man shit, it actually made the game slightly less terrible.

Matsukaze

You guys...

This Woolie lore...

You guys...

I - I need a novelization of the Madden dynasty, the Annals of Maddentown. This is better than Game of fucking Thrones. Woolie's grandpa is some sort of Joseph Joestar-Pharoah Ramses-Robert Baratheon superhuman.

I'm back on the podcast train.

You guys...

This Woolie lore...

You guys...

I - I need a novelization of the Madden dynasty, the Annals of Maddentown. This is better than Game of fucking Thrones. Woolie's grandpa is some sort of Joseph Joestar-Pharoah Ramses-Robert Baratheon superhuman.

Give it a few years. Once people who watch this stuff are writing history textbooks I'm sure you'll start seeing Maddentown get its due.

Im still curious about how many secret Woolie-Relatives there are in the audience. Can we get a count going?

Jamie OD

You guys...

This Woolie lore...

You guys...

I sat there listening and figured this would make a great card game. Secret Woolie.

Alfebit

Banned
Oh man, the Maddentown segment had me in tears.

I want to say the Zaibatsu got the short end of the stick out of the 2 crossover videos. Didn't really enjoy the Dinotopia video all that much outside of a few good jokes while the Spiderman 3 video was pretty top notch the whole way through.

Skrams

Oh man, the Maddentown segment had me in tears.

I want to say the Zaibatsu got the short end of the stick out of the 2 crossover videos. Didn't really enjoy the Dinotopia video all that much outside of a few good jokes while the Spiderman 3 video was pretty top notch the whole way through.

They kind of admitted as much when they talked about the videos on the podcast I think it was. They said the grumps video was better, but they were fine with it because Dinotopia was the real grungey shit or something like that.

If anyone watched the Final Bosman bonus bit from last week then it kind of reminds me of that. That thing people do at times where they don't elevate themselves above a threshold so they have something to fall back on as an excuse. "But I was poop all along."

Ok, is it just me or does the timeline in FFX make no sense?

Titus is in Zanarkand, Sin blows it all up and sends Titus 1000 years into the future as confirmed by Rikku and Wakka. Then he learns that his dad was some how in this future, and his dad knew Yuna. Titus then talks about his dad disappearing 10 years ago (when it should actually be 1010 years ago) then Yuna says she knew him 10 years and 3 months ago (which is quite frankly scarily accurate).
Then he meets Auron who says he defeated Sin 10 years ago? And says he came from being Yunas dads guardian to watching over Titus in Zanarkand?

Is this explained later on?

Tornix

Titus is in Zanarkand, Sin blows it all up and sends Titus 1000 years into the future as confirmed by Rikku and Wakka. Then he learns that his dad was some how in this future, and his dad knew Yuna. Titus then talks about his dad disappearing 10 years ago (when it should actually be 1010 years ago) then Yuna says she knew him 10 years and 3 months ago (which is quite frankly scarily accurate).
Then he meets Auron who says he defeated Sin 10 years ago? And says he came from being Yunas dads guardian to watching over Titus in Zanarkand?

Short answer, yes.

Squishy3

Tidus is referring to Jecht disappearing 10 years ago in his time, while Yuna is referring to it in her time. So Jecht would have been teleported to 990 years in the future.

Sometimes, I rewatch the mailbags for fun.

I absolutely understand why they discontinued it, but goddamn, Woolie getting his lost gameboy replaced and consecutive gurren lagann box sets are some of the channel's best moments.

Sometimes, I rewatch the mailbags for fun.

I absolutely understand why they discontinued it, but goddamn, Woolie getting his lost gameboy replaced and consecutive gurren lagann box sets are some of the channel's best moments.

Not just 2 GL Blu ray sets, 2 GL blu ray sets in a row.

Who else can say they dual fisted Gurren Lagaan Blue ray sets?

Disgraced

Well, they recorded at the Grumps' studio.

Matsukaze

Just got back from seeing The Hateful Eight. Not gonna lie - it is probably my least favorite Tarantino movie. It has a great score and I loved the setting, but man that first sixty-seventy minutes is just a whole bunch of not much.

Nordicus

I just watched some clips of the Ghost Stories dub, and I can't believe that this is actually official. I love it.
i3bhWRS.jpg

It's a treasure

By the way, the Old Hunters LP finale had me in stitches with the baby DMC shit

Village

I was in the classroom waiting for my class to start, so I decided to watch it. Worst mistake ever. I was trying so hard not to lose my shit.

"That's like 8 Gwen Stacis right there."

I really need a playthrough of these four now. Jesus Christ.

I know right?

Now if only we could get pat out the housse.

Skrams

Skrams

This is the fucking worst. The Naruto game picks up at the exact spot of Naruto where I think I jumped ship. Or at least a little bit past it. It's so hazy since it's been over 10 years since I watched these parts I think. Some of this is making me think about cool parts of Naruto again and I hate this and I hate myself.

"You sound like an old woman, Orochimaru!"

Woolie, go watch Gintama.

I've watched 167 episodes. Is this a joke I should get?

Also Sakura is drooling all over Sasuke's dick guys. Please, make it stop. There's so much pain.
I remember having to explain to people on another forum why Sakura got no character development once the editor found out she was unpopular and a bunch of people not getting how fucked the manga industry is.

That said, I wonder if the Japanese female voices are going to get bad, because young Sakura is surprisingly tolerable.

I want Woolie to watch Gintama just so he can nerd out about the Renho arc and how cool it is.

Vidula knows.

Pat should really give it a shot again as well. He watched a couple and seemed interested but had no fucking idea what was going on.

But yes, Renho arc. If Woolie's recent anime ventures are any indication, he'd love it.

Matsukaze

If Woolie could get over a hundred episodes deep into shlock like Naruto, there's no reason he couldn't handle the brilliance of Gintama. Same with all of them, really. They need to see the light.

Top Bottom