• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Mat-triX

I really dont get why people in this thread shit on matt

Matt WAS my favorite, but recently his been acting childish and phoning-it-in when it comes to commentary. It's become so transparent, I can now predict what reused joke he's going to say based on what's happening on-screen; he's basically a human soundboard at this point.

MrHoot

I've been both two beginning episodes on vessel (as my sub runs until the 12th). It's a comfy LP, a nice change. Feels cozy

Skrams

The dialogue during the Naruto LP episodes have been constantly strong.

cant wait for more

Just watched episode 2. Dialogue is strong. Gameplay is not. Woolie is trying to stay engaged with conversation and he's just failing to keep the game moving at a reasonable pace. Looking around for wood or failing to hit switches or going backwards to an area he just came from. It hurts.

joe2187

Banned
Just watched episode 2. Dialogue is strong. Gameplay is not. Woolie is trying to stay engaged with conversation and he's just failing to keep the game moving at a reasonable pace. Looking around for wood or failing to hit switches or going backwards to an area he just came from. It hurts.

Eps 3 is even worse in that regards, but the dialogue remains more entertaining.

The game has interesting concepts but it's just not a very well put together game. I've only ever seen the battles so I thought the game was pretty solid but it's looking to be pretty terrible. I also love how even though the game is in JP mode, the voices in battle are in English.

Should've played Ultimate Ninja Storm~

Squishy3

I wouldn't mind seeing a LP for the first game (since cutscene length isn't inflated like in the later games) but the cutscenes get so long in 2 onwards... yeah. Maybe something like the W101 video would work for the later games.

Since they're going to start Metal Wolf Chaos, could they do the JP only PS2 Fromsoft game, Shadow Tower Abyss? Playing through the OG Shadow Tower right now, its a pretty cool series.

Since they're going to start Metal Wolf Chaos, could they do the JP only PS2 Fromsoft game, Shadow Tower Abyss? Playing through the OG Shadow Tower right now, its a pretty cool series.
As straight forward as STA is relative to all the other FromSoft dungeon crawlers, it's still a slow game with no map (except for crude sketches on walls) and a bunch of other stuff like durability and status effects you need to keep track of, some of which is better remedied by playing with the english translation patch.

In other words, not without a hell of a ton of practice on the game and enough material to talk about during all the walking that takes place. Surely not for a blind run.

While I'm enjoying the Naruto LP, I think I've realized I just don't really like most of their LP's anymore. I still very much enjoy the podcast every week but when it comes to the games they play I often can't find myself interested enough to watch anymore.

Edzi

i've never bothered unless i like the game

Ha, I'm the opposite. I tend to avoid LPs of games I really like, especially if they're blind. Oh, and also if the person playing it just wants to make fun of the game for no reason.

Meh.

And yet Revelatons or whatever it was had to be changed. Although it does make sense, since no one's going to watch this.

Gotta say, seeing that is genuinely annoying considering how he shut Pat down on the podcast for doing the same thing.

Disgraced

I'm saying it's kind of annoying seeing Matt do a joke title for a video when he specifically shut Pat down on the podcast for doing the same thing with Revelaitons.
Ooooh, gotcha. I didn't listen to the podcast this week, and I thought that maybe Matt announced the LP on it this week, and Pat mentioned Revelaitons, and Matt shut him down because he's the boss and you were taking a jab at me for being superfluous. Lol mb. (;

tumblr_nzkfsflLsF1uj6v2go3_540.png

I don't think his gags are that bad. He killed it in the Bloodborne playthrough.

Skrams

Super Best Friends Play Metal Wolf Chaos (Part 1)

Vessel

Up on Vessel for free for some reason and also 15 minutes long for some reason?

Also Two Best Friends Play Who's Your Daddy

Vessel

Konkey Dong Country 2: Matt's Dong Quest (Part 2)

Vessel

All FREE

Skrams

They're are so many meters and boxes on screen in Metal Wolf Chaos and I'm so confused.

Framerate is shit in this Yakuza video and I'm still confused at what is happening.

Baby Steps is also a pretty alright tennis manga/anime.

Are they aware of this Vessel situation? This isn't how it's supposed to work, right?
Dunno if they're aware and this is really not how this is supposed to work.
Holy shit, the Yakuza video is making my eyes bleed. The framerate is all over the place.
This is happening with practically every other machinima video. I don't get it. What is happening in the pipeline where the framerate just because the shittiest thing when passed off to them?

They're are so many meters and boxes on screen in Metal Wolf Chaos and I'm so confused.
It's not that complicated. You got your boost meter, and then there's the health meter that represents one of those green plips. The meter recharges but the plips do not, and you can drain your health meter if you continue to hold the boost after the boost meter is depleted. And then of course there are the targeting areas in the center of the screen that you use to lock onto enemies and they vary depending on the type of weapon.

Seriously, even if this game didn't have the American patriotism thing going on, it would still be a kick ass mecha game and another example of a From Soft game that is still better than anything Souls. Fucking love this game so much, never thought they'd ever return to this outside the Machinema episode.

Anung

Un Rama
Old Hunters ended great. Best LP in ages and won some good will back. Old Blood was a decent end to a decent LP.

Metal Wolf Chaos is off to a strong start. Holy fuck is this game badass. No interest in Donkey Kong or Naruto.

Yakuza vid was good but that frame rate was terrible.

Top Bottom