• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Syder

Can we get some ground swell around the Best Friends getting Jay Hunter on the podcast post-Wrestlemania this year?

Matsukaze

... And Metal Wolf Part 2 has now been taken down on the channel. I cannot wait to hear about who got drunk and was dicking around with uploads. :p

Matsukaze

Currently watching FFX Episode 18 bc I'm still wriggling on this hook.

I'm a bit irked that people gave them toxic "advice". Always confused as to why they don't double-check what people tell them (especially when they have the guide), because they've been fed misinformation and are now operating under mistaken assumptions. Hopefully they are corrected in a later video, even though it might not make a big difference given their stance on what the LP's goal is.

starting KOTOR tommorrow and Trails of Steel after tonights vid
alternating between that and Xenoblade daily because fuck is the infinite overdrive ether blossom dance build the grindiest grind ive ever grinded

convo

Damn it i missed that Metalwolfchaos video. Who's in that? Also i hope Matt will show off some of the weird easter eggs and unlock-shit. I think it is too much to ask for them to show of this games' version of the Moonlightblade since it demands things from the player which the Zaibatsu can not comply with.

Damn it i missed that Metalwolfchaos video. Who's in that? Also i hope Matt will show off some of the weird easter eggs and unlock-shit. I think it is too much to ask for them to show of this games' version of the Moonlightblade since it demands things from the player which the Zaibatsu can not comply with.
It's Matt, Pat, and Liam, with Liam on controls. Already in the first episode he demonstrates he knows more about the game's systems than Matt and Pat did during that one off episode years back. Just hoping for some sick quick boost chain strats in the future.

And getting the Moonlight Blade only comes from rescuing all the hostages which isn't that hard aside from a few hidden in asshole-ish locations. Maybe off camera or something Liam could sweep through all the levels and get it that way. Honestly it's more the gag weapons that come from S ranking certain score categories that are way outside of what they'll tolerate doing.

I'm saying it's kind of annoying seeing Matt do a joke title for a video when he specifically shut Pat down on the podcast for doing the same thing with Revelaitons.
The only difference I can think of is Matt knows this series won't be huge lol
I spent too much money making an unfinished game and you fired me, and now the world hates you!
Konami dumping videogames altogether and having shitty working conditions is still real reason to be upset, I get it.

joe2187

Banned
So, how much of the podcast is going to revolve around David Bowie's death, since he was in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

David Bowie was also in a lot of video games.

Also, this is hitting me super hard. I was always a big fan of Bowie and went out to grab his latest album the first day it released....3 days ago.

His last album is simply amazing, and I was saying that even before he passed. Blackstar has been on repeat everyday since i bought it. Hearing that he died didnt seem real because of it.

His last album now takes on an entirely new meaning, especially this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8

Okingjrr

Who's your Daddy:
When the baby goes into the oven and Pat's panicking, I'm wondered to myself if he would know which knob to turn. Funny enough, he didn't.

Squishy3

Who's your Daddy:
When the baby goes into the oven and Pat's panicking, I'm wondered to myself if he would know which knob to turn. Funny enough, he didn't.
I'm pretty sure the oven wasn't even on when the baby climbed into it and the baby tricked Pat into turning it on.

tsundoku

closing the oven door turns it on much like locking it out opens the door and turning off the water in the bathtub magically drains the bathtub

demidar

I'm pretty late to the Final Fantasy X LP, but that horrible, misinformative Blitzball match may have just convinced me to drop every LP for the foreseeable future.

Matsukaze

I'm pretty late to the Final Fantasy X LP, but that horrible, misinformative Blitzball match may have just convinced me to drop every LP for the foreseeable future.
That was one of several points in the LP that made me stop and go "Wait. You have the guide right there. Why aren't you bothering to check your info?"

EDIT: For what it's worth, I'm 18 episodes into the FFX LP and I still have mixed feelings about it; if FFX were not one of my favorite games, I probably would have dropped it a while ago. Three episodes into the Naruto LP and it's off to a strong start; the Matt-Pat-Woolie trio is having fun with Naruto lore and anime cliches, and the game is a lot more impressive-looking than I would have imagined (but boy oh boy does Woolie have a rough time with an easy section in Ep 3). Two episodes into the MetalWolfChaos LP (thank you, accidental uploads!) and it's alright; the gameplay itself is too chaotic to make for great watching IMO, but the dialogue is kooky as shit. Not gonna lie - I have zero interest in Matt's solo DK LP and I doubt that's gonna change anytime soon.

That was one of several points in the LP that made me stop and go "Wait. You have the guide right there. Why aren't you bothering to check your info?"

To be fair, the guide told them they will most likely lose and the BB game is like 80% RNG.

Or are you talking about how they don't really know what the numbers mean, Mason?

Matsukaze

To be fair, the guide told them they will most likely lose and the BB game is like 80% RNG.

Or are you talking about how they don't really know what the numbers mean, Mason?
Honestly, I just have a hard time believing the guide didn't tell them about manual controls. If it actually didn't, then holy shit.

Skrams

Ooooh, a grand prize. What could it be?

One of Liam's old "mystery-stained" body pillows? An honorary Maddentown citizenship? Candlelit dinner with drunk Pat?

It's the DMC2 LP on a USB stick. It's the only copy of it. Do you watch it and keep it for yourself, share it for the world to see, or destroy it in front of everyone at the panel to be the ultimate heel?

Jintor

oh my god pat completely refusing to recognise liam and wooly's explanation of relative quality outside of the simple metric of 'good' or 'delicious' or whatever was amazing and infuriating and amazing. i genuinely couldn't tell if he was trolling, or being pat, or really didn't get it or anything

Tcab96

Yeah, the Final Fantasy LP could be beteer, but I straight adore the Naruto LP right now. I played Broken Bond some odd years ago and loved it. As a Naruto fan, I'm pretty excited to see them go through some of my favorite arcs in the series.

The_Poet

Banned
Yeah, the Final Fantasy LP could be beteer, but I straight adore the Naruto LP right now. I played Broken Bond some odd years ago and loved it. As a Naruto fan, I'm pretty excited to see them go through some of my favorite arcs in the series.

What do you mean by 'better'? What makes a 'good' LP?

For me, I watch sbf for entertainment, not for information about the game or as a substitute for playing it myself. And in terms of entertainment FFX has been great and hilarious.

NeonBlack

The Deadpool poster speaks volumes
Code:
[img]http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2016/01/12466014_952331271527546_144728287173782764_o.jpg[/img]

What do you mean by 'better'? What makes a 'good' LP?

For me, I watch sbf for entertainment, not for information about the game or as a substitute for playing it myself. And in terms of entertainment FFX has been great and hilarious.

Agreed, i could not give a fuck about how much they know about a terrible minigame, or how effective their orb placements or whatever are. I think their commentary in that lp is really good and thats all that matters for a final fantasy lp.

Agreed, i could not give a fuck about how much they know about a terrible minigame, or how effective their orb placements or whatever are. I think their commentary in that lp is really good and thats all that matters for a final fantasy lp.

That's why most of us aren't feeling it. The commentary to most of us is, in fact, quite bad most of the time.

Anung

Un Rama
Also the only Zaibatsu member I want a solo LP off is Pat, but I don't think he seems up for doing it. He cares too much about the quality of stuff he puts out (I think), plus the LP will probably just be more of a descent into madness i.e Mercenary Kings.

I want what I can't have.

Got a question that's a bit random but might have a chance of being answered as its been mentioned before by woolie and matt plenty of times. Was planning to buy saga graphic novel and was wondering what's the way to go. There's a deluxe edition which has only one available, the normal volume paperback or library binding. Heard woolie say he has bought several and buys the multiple volume book but can't seem to find any matching that description. Thanks to anyone who has an answer.

Skrams

Got a question that's a bit random but might have a chance of being answered as its been mentioned before by woolie and matt plenty of times. Was planning to buy saga graphic novel and was wondering what's the way to go. There's a deluxe edition which has only one available, the normal volume paperback or library binding. Heard woolie say he has bought several and buys the multiple volume book but can't seem to find any matching that description. Thanks to anyone who has an answer.

From what I gather, there's 5ish volumes out now which are 160ish pages each. The Deluxe Edition is 500ish pages and contains what I think is the first 3 volumes or so? It's up to you if you want to own the paperbacks as they're released or wait even longer for a big chunk offered by the deluxe editions. I remember Liam talking about that problem in the past and he just went with the paperbacks since less wait time.

From what I gather, there's 5ish volumes out now which are 160ish pages each. The Deluxe Edition is 500ish pages and contains what I think is the first 3 volumes or so? It's up to you if you want to own the paperbacks as they're released or wait even longer for a big chunk offered by the deluxe editions. I remember Liam talking about that problem in the past and he just went with the paperbacks since less wait time.

Thanks for the quick response. Might go the deluxe way. I think I can wait for the delay being a berserk fan. It's my first graphic novel so here's hoping it inspires me to read more.

convo

oh my god pat completely refusing to recognise liam and wooly's explanation of relative quality outside of the simple metric of 'good' or 'delicious' or whatever was amazing and infuriating and amazing. i genuinely couldn't tell if he was trolling, or being pat, or really didn't get it or anything

Pat is a worthless piece of shit with little experience in good human nature and he would agree with that statement. I would have given him the example of Sanji from One Piece who hates wasting food because he had a traumatic experience.The Ideology of not wasting food is an Ideology Pat, you punk.
edit:: But it is understandable he does not understand what an Ideology is since he doesn't have one except not wanting to die because that is a bummer.

Top Bottom