• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Matsukaze

I think they've all proven at this point that they don't know how to pronounce things. Especially japanese things. Woolie's Ip-Oh or Pat just completely replacing letters in character names to make new names in the process.
Yup yup. I think one of my favorite unintentionally-funny moments from the last Shitstorm was when Pat (in the Fatal Frame 5 video, I believe it was) took a moment to point out that the English voice actors were mispronouncing a name, and then proceeded to also mispronounce the name.

EDIT: Also, the itch for Matt and Pat to tackle a new (survival) horror LP is getting worse. I need my fix.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think they've all proven at this point that they don't know how to pronounce things. Especially japanese things. Woolie's Ip-Oh or Pat just completely replacing letters in character names to make new names in the process.

BOY I SURE DO LOVE ME SOME KAY-MEN RIDER.

No one plays as a female for Kotor 2 do they? Weird, since the canon Exile is female.

Or is Handmaiden the male companion?

im playing as female
fuck you Disciple ill just use a save editor to change my gender for Handmaiden then swap right back
the mod method didnt work -_-
handmaiden is male
disciple is female
abusing a save editor fixes that problem though

Sou Da

im playing as female
fuck you Disciple ill just use a save editor to change my gender for Handmaiden then swap right back
the mod method didnt work -_-
handmaiden is male
disciple is female
abusing a save editor fixes that problem though

Is the disciple really that bad or you just some sort of harem waifufiend?

So that's a yes. Never understood the Carth hate, honestly.
Carth Bronasi is pretty alright. I like how him and Mission always bounce off each other.

I like the starting companion in KOTOR2 better, but that whole awful tutorial area wiped his name from my data banks

Moonlight

Banned
Is the disciple really that bad or you just some sort of harem waifufiend?
Handmaiden is an awesome character, and Disciple is a bland pile of garbage. It was probably everyone's primary regret (including me) in going with a female character in KOTOR2.

EDIT: Visas is sort of a waste of a character, though, for as much as I like her concept, though. You get like a handful of conversations with her and the most nothing 'romance' tree possible.

There's no official Jojo translation, right? I'm trying to find part 5 and onwards but I can't seem to find anything complete for Vento Aureo. Just a lot of fan projects.

Skrams

are we still sure Reboot even exists anymore?
its getting buried harder than Triple H's opponents
They mentioned that Woolie ran into a crash later in the game. It'll probably be a bit before Woolie comes back to it.
There's no official Jojo translation, right? I'm trying to find part 5 and onwards but I can't seem to find anything complete for Vento Aureo. Just a lot of fan projects.
Nah, all we have in english is Part 1-3 officially. Part 2 also isn't completely out yet. Vento Aureo translations are a wasteland. Some guys worked on it for a bit and then disappeared into the wind. I've heard the official french translation is fucking great if you speak french at least.

Matsukaze

Not for Part 5, no. The only full-arc English translation I've encountered for Vento Aureo is Ignition One's over on Batoto and... boy, is it rough. I can't read Japanese, but I can tell people aren't lying when they say those particular English translations have either dumbed down or completely rewritten dialogue all over the place.

Improvements are being made by other groups, though. Plus Parts 6-8 have much better translations so Part V is kind of the odd man out.

Looking forward to more Metal Slug. Seems like it'll be a nice laid back LP, and like Woolie I look forward to seeing the Ikari team. Metal Slug 3 too of course.

Been quite a bit since there's been three ongoing LP's, and I'm actually watching them all(Naruto, Metal Wolf, Metal Slug)

ArjanN

Looking forward to more Metal Slug. Seems like it'll be a nice laid back LP, and like Woolie I look forward to seeing the Ikari team. Metal Slug 3 too of course.

Been quite a bit since there's been three ongoing LP's, and I'm actually watching them all(Naruto, Metal Wolf, Metal Slug)

Yeah, it's a good choice, pretty funny to see them being snobby about not using auto-fire at the start but three levels in they're in full suicide-bomber credit feeding mode.

Rean

Im gonna have to throw this one on the backburner

I need to play this on my own first.

Although im glad RE0 is being done, It makes the wait for the inevitable RE5/RE6 LPs all the better.
Same here. As for RE5/6 I think they'd probably do 5 first since 6 has so many campaigns to do.

If they ever do 6, they should alternate the pairs, Matt and Pat for leons campaign, Woolie and Liam for Sherry and Jakes, Pat and Woolie for Chris's, and Liam and Matt for Ada Wongs.
Good idea. That would be an interesting lp to see.

joe2187

Banned
Same here. As for RE5/6 I think they'd probably do 5 first since 6 has so many campaigns to do.

If they ever do 6, they should alternate the pairs, Matt and Pat for leons campaign, Woolie and Liam for Sherry and Jakes, Pat and Woolie for Chris's, and Liam and Matt for Ada Wongs.

Yeah they're never going to put that much effort into a game they all hate. If it even happens it'll be Matt and Pat all the way.

if it follows the same pattern as the last one
December of this year

Y4ap7FS.png

Skrams

Holy shit that stream announcement. That professional streaming layout!

I hope they archive it.
I'm not sure I'd call that a professional streaming layout. Chat, their social media stuff, and a big scrolling thing don't scream professional to me. I might just find it more gross than professional though.
Anyone remember which SBFcast it was where Woolie talked about Undertale the first time

I don't remember the very first time, but I know it was talked about on 114 where Pat first played it and they had a "civil" discussion about it. If you're referring to even earlier than that episode then I at least know it was from 110-114 I think.

Disgraced

I'm not sure I'd call that a professional streaming layout. Chat, their social media stuff, and a big scrolling thing don't scream professional to me. I might just find it more gross than professional though.
When chat's recorded the context is nice for fullscreen and the VOD, otherwise that stuff is distracting.

Moonlight

Banned
RE:0 or should I really be checking out Metal wolf chaos?
Both. Metal Wolf Chaos has been going amazing, and RE0 is already Matt and Pat at their best, IMO. Which is to say, sitting down being OK at survival horror and talking about it. It's great. Naruto is dumb fun, and Metal Slug is the best Liam and Woolie joint since Freedom Planet. And we even started the year off with the Fisticuffs prophecy finally resolving.

Even Matt's DKC2 LP is fine as an unwind sort of thing.

...so yeah, FFX is really the only glaring exception I can think of for channel stuff that's good to great. 2016 is off to a good start in this regard.

Skrams

Yeah, if they wanted a steady profit stream then it would have to be consistent streaming. If they did occasional streams and opened donations during only that time then why would they not just do a patreon at that point. I wouldn't be surprised if their stance against patreon transferred over to streaming donations.

CALLED DAT SHIT BACK ON DEC 06

MATT CONFIRMED IT ON STREAM WITH DONATIONS BEING OPEN DURING THE BIG STREAMS

FEELS GOOD BEING HALF RIGHT

Also Matt said Woolie will mostly be playing Demons with probably Pat and maybe Matt? Liam has to play somewhat, come on. I need to see his under 50% rolling with his dumb bullshit. I also need to know if he's actually super dumb good at his favorite souls or not.

Top Bottom