• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

sundays at 6 normally sucks for me due to me being busy gming a pathfinder game, but 31st might actually work out. Although I'm honestly not to hype to watch a stream. I think I'd rather wait for it to come to the channel or something in parts. Oh well, we will see how it works out.

kewlmyc

Been playing Dragon's Dogma, but maybe I should go and beat Demon's Souls before the stream happens.

Also hope they have stream donation overlays enabled. If so, then that should lead to fun times.

Been playing Dragon's Dogma, but maybe I should go and beat Demon's Souls before the stream happens.

Also hope they have stream donation overlays enabled. If so, then that should lead to fun times.

tumblr_n9tbe7biL81rl0d01o1_500.gif

Speaking of DD, do we have a steam group or something so I can friend everybody and get all their sick ass pawns for free and break my game?

Matt had a test stream last night and played BLACKTHORNE.....and ALL the warriors were there. I think I FINALLY got his attention to watch PWG. Hope to hear him lose his shit.

Edzi

Does everyone just forget how much of a shitfest the last souls LP was when they start a new one?

This isn't going to be a full LP though, is it?

Also, as someone who avoided all their past Souls LPs, I think I'll be tuning in to this one. Having all four of them there PLUS having a live chat will probably help them avoid any huge mistakes.

Moonlight

Banned
Streaming should be way better because everyone can yell at Woolie about what to do.

Bloodborne wasn't terrible, either, and Old Hunters was great. Should be fine.

Nazo

I'm super excited to about the DeS stream. It might be my least favorite Souls game but I'm really happy they decided to play it.

But that will be terrible because then it just turns into who can "backseat gamer" the hardest.

This can be prevented by them not taking suggestions from chat, if they listen even once they'll set a precedent they will regret really fast.

They can just ask chat for advice or something when they absolutely need it.

Matsukaze

A Demon's Soul stream? Excellent. Good times ahead.

Woolie vs
Maneaters
will be a fight for the ages (if they even get that far).

Although I'm going to need an archive if they stream longer than I expect.

joe2187

Banned
I love the theory that the group is super into watching Otome animes simply because JoJos is not currently airing.

Pat needs to stare at handsome anime men.

Vessel Spoilers:

SALTY BET TWO!!!!

Matsukaze

I wanna see how Woolie does against the OP plague giants. (I haven't play Demon's in a while, I forgot what they're called)
Pretty sure you're talking about the Giant Depraved Ones. God, those were a pain in the ass.

Random musing - I wonder if Woolie will try a magic build. I know he's more comfortable with melee, but his instincts are to go magic.

DarkPhantom

Neo Member
Pretty sure you're talking about the Giant Depraved Ones. God, those were a pain in the ass.

Random musing - I wonder if Woolie will try a magic build. I know he's more comfortable with melee, but his instincts are to go magic.

I don't think he'll go for a magic build. The stream will call him out. Even though he seems like a person that wouldn't care, it would annoy him. I'm guessing a Gutsoolie build (horrible attempt to combine Guts and Woolie)

Skrams

Still remember seeing shinies out in the swampy darkness and deciding to try my luck to go get them while sitting at 100k souls or some largeish number. It didn't end well.

Also magic is pretty OP in Demon's, but I really hope he doesn't lean that way for a first playthrough. I'm fine with a few soul arrows here and there, but when you start getting into firestorms 420blazeit boss battles then well, yeah.

I can't wait to see his reactions towards Tower of Latria.

I hope their sound is kicking for that.

Also magic is pretty OP in Demon's, but I really hope he doesn't lean that way for a first playthrough. I'm fine with a few soul arrows here and there, but when you start getting into firestorms 420blazeit boss battles then well, yeah.
Warding and Second Chance and Weapon buffs are the best, but actual magic attacks are lame

Skrams

Warding and Second Chance and Weapon buffs are the best, but actual magic attacks are lame

Yeah, there's not a ton of offensive spells and even less that matter. It's really mostly just about Soul Arrow, Soul Ray, and Firestorm as far as I remember.

The buffs like Warding which you can get super early? gg no re

Well, Dong Quest is over. Watching Matt go back through DKC2 was nice and has me itching to replay the original 3 games again. Don't fault him for not doing the Lost World though, considering how traumatizing Animal Antics was for me it's no real surprise.

Pretty good timing now with the next LP in the Resident Evil series on its way.

Goron2000

best junior ever
Matt's whining on the podcast about Activision not talking about ninja turtles yet is eyerolling. Yeah we're all excited but why would anyone take it as a personal insult that they are following a publishing schedule on a relatively low budget release?

Top Bottom