• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Seriously I'm excited to watch them play Demon's Souls.

The first time I knew I'd love the game was just walking into the Tower Knight room. So good.

Matsukaze

Apparently Matt streamed yesterday too.

Finally the best friends found out where the big bucks are made.
I have this mental image of Matt and Woolie hanging out with Max, having a nice chat and sipping drinks, and then doing a double spit-take when they learned how much an average stream brings in for him.

We're getting streams now? Sick.

Also, catching up on this Naruto LP and Woolie is so bad at the shadow possession sections and I can't stop laughing.

Matt's whining on the podcast about Activision not talking about ninja turtles yet is eyerolling. Yeah we're all excited but why would anyone take it as a personal insult that they are following a publishing schedule on a relatively low budget release?
Yeah, I seriously didn't get what that was all about. It's especially little sense coming from someone that as worked in the gaming industry.

SBF to stream more frequently? Can't wait for those SBF twitch emotes.

latest

Can't wait

What is happening. Have we really entered a new golden age of content?

They got off the boat.

Just do streams...thats it.

As soon as I start seeing emotes, and subscriber notifications

I will fucking BAIL!
Get ready to bail then I guess, as long as sub notifications stay extremely subtle(and there's no shitty follower notifications) I'm fine with it. Emotes are most definitely happening at some point.

Skrams

Just do streams...thats it.

As soon as I start seeing emotes, and subscriber notifications

I will fucking BAIL!
You'll probably get emotes and you'll probably get sub notifications eventually. They'll just be tiny and in the corner with no sound. The same for donations during streams probably too. Woolie wants them to be subdued and not annoying. They also don't want to read donation comments constantly, so they hope to take a break once an hour to read some donation comments.
Get ready to bail then I guess, as long as sub notifications stay extremely subtle(and there's no shitty follower notifications) I'm fine with it. Emotes are most definitely happening at some point.
Woolie streamed setup on sunday night. He did impromptu chat voting nonsense and seemed to understand walking away that donations or subs or whatever would need to be subtle and in the corner over the logo or whatever. He also seems to have a good head on his shoulders because he wants to make sure the game is the central point of view with nothing covering it. I think both Matt and Woolie expressed that followers is just too often and too much to have any notifications for that.
if the sub notification isn't oooooooooooooouaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.wav then i quit

https://clyp.it/mzw2nkmt

Edzi

^ Yeah, I don't expect them to go the annoying route when it comes to streaming. The only other streamer I watch regularly is Max, and the one thing I really dislike from his streams is his constant stopping to read subscriber messages and act surprised at how much money they're giving him. I'm hopeful that the Best Friends will avoid stuff like that entirely.

joe2187

Banned
^ Yeah, I don't expect them to go the annoying route when it comes to streaming. The only other streamer I watch regularly is Max, and the one thing I really dislike from his streams is his constant stopping to read subscriber messages and act surprised at how much money they're giving him. I'm hopeful that the Best Friends will avoid stuff like that entirely.

Max is the reason I hate this shit.

He actually used to do videos, LPs and actual editing and effort into his shit.

Now it's like watching some sort of fucking circus, where Max dances like a clown, You've got that touch plays on repeat and ULTRAAAAAAAA screams every five minutes.

All of his videos on YT are all just stream archives.

it's the fucking worst.

Max is definitely an extreme as far as streams go, not many sub and donation notifications get as obnoxious as his, it's sad as he's a really likable guy but his stream, yuck.

There's tons of streams that read donations and have sub notifications without it being obnoxious, so I have high hopes for the SBFP stream, if they want to avoid making those mistakes it shouldn't be too hard.

Speaking of DD, do we have a steam group or something so I can friend everybody and get all their sick ass pawns for free and break my game?

Just started a couple days ago so I'd be all over this idea if it comes to fruition. Pat's rant about it and Steam's constant pushing of the damn thing in my "recommended for you" section made finally break down and start enjoying it.

kewlmyc

Now it's like watching some sort of fucking circus, where Max dances like a clown, You've got that touch plays on repeat and ULTRAAAAAAAA screams every five minutes.

it's the fucking worst.

Max is definitely an extreme as far as streams go, not many sub and donation notifications get as obnoxious as his, it's sad as he's a really likable guy but his stream, yuck.

There's tons of streams that read donations and have sub notifications without it being obnoxious, so I have high hopes for the SBFP stream, if they want to avoid making those mistakes it shouldn't be too hard.

He grew a community on twitch and they asked him for all of that, so it just stuck after a while.

Disgraced

it's the fucking worst.
Loooool

I'm glad you said it. It's cool the SBF are doing their own thing.

Edzi

it's the fucking worst.

It's really not great, and it's made even worse by the fact that Max seems like a genuinely great guy whose original content I actually enjoy (and was a huge part of what started to get me into fighting games a couple years ago).

It's funny, but I actually didn't notice that all of his content is basically just twitch archives now until you mentioned it. Makes sense why I've relegated most of his videos to night time viewing as I fall asleep. I think he puts most of his LP content on his second channel, but I tried watching those once and couldn't since his friend Matt/Simmons gets insanely annoying.

Twitch has its own communities and its own way of doing things. If you don't like it, don't watch the stream. No one's forcing you to.

No need to get defensive.

Matsukaze

I can't say I care for how loud and loony Max's streams get, but he's been making nice money off those streams. If he thinks there's a "formula" for keeping his viewership high and his contributors happy, then I don't blame him. He's a cool guy who deserves to succeed in whatever way works for him.

Matt & Pat's reaction to "Oversees White Slavery" in Metal Wolf Chaos part 5 is perfect considering it's only just one part of Richard Hawk's evil for evil's sake agenda, and every component of it is equally dumb.

Also poor Liam not knowing he was using a shotgun that shoots Chaff rounds meant to distract missiles. Oh well, even without going into the game blind, there's some things you could never really figure out unless you use the English translation patch.

Disgraced

It's really not great, and it's made even worse by the fact that Max seems like a genuinely great guy whose original content I actually enjoy (and was a huge part of what started to get me into fighting games a couple years ago).

[...] I think he puts most of his LP content on his second channel, but I tried watching those once and couldn't since his friend Matt/Simmons gets insanely annoying.
Twitch has its own communities and its own way of doing things. If you don't like it, don't watch the stream. No one's forcing you to.
No need to get defensive.
I can't say I care for how loud and loony Max's streams get, but he's been making nice money off those streams. If he thinks there's a "formula" for keeping his viewership high and his contributors happy, then I don't blame him. He's a cool guy who deserves to succeed in whatever way works for him.
Sure, I don't have any hate for the player but I will shit all over his game. Max is entertaining and I think his friends can be too, but seriously, "Twitch culture" is something I am 100% behind bitching about.

Huh, that's really a fascinating conversation they're having, and gee, I would have fun watching these folks play video games, but

*20 FOLLOWER ALERTS*

"Oh, okay, um, thank you...
  • Asshole #1
  • Asshole #2
  • Asshole #3
  • Asshole #4
  • Asshole #5
  • Asshole #6
  • Asshole #7
  • Asshale #8—oops, didn't mean to mispronounce that, asshole
  • Asshole #9
  • Asshole #10
  • Asshole #11
  • Bueller
  • Bueller
  • Bueller
  • Bueller
  • Bueller
  • Bueller
  • Bueller
  • BUELLER
  • Dickhead #20
Anyway, so what were we talking about?"

"I 'unno. But we just beat the final boss! Wasn't that cool? Yaaaaaaaaay!"

*STREAM ENDS*

---

Whatever. It's just not for me I guess. Keep hustlin', hustlers.
I actually watch slowbeef, Void Burger, and TieTuesday stream sometimes.

Edzi

Racist Wakka is the only reason to watch it tbh

Ugh, I need to rant about this. I'm not watching the LP because it sounds like Matt and Woolie aren't really taking it seriously and are just making fun of the story and characters, but every time I go to the subreddit it's just a million posts about racist Wakka or some other joke that sounds forced to make fun of the game for no reason. I knew the fanbase ran their jokes to the ground, but it didn't really bother me too much until FFX since it seems like people are going out of their way to reuse jokes or shit on the game just because Matt is doing it.

LPs aren't just an excuse to take dumps on a game or force jokes, right? FFX isn't considered a bad game, and I think I heard somewhere that Matt claims to kind of like it, so why not just do a playthrough where you actually talk about the characters/story instead of trying to tear the game down with bad jokes?

/rant

On the other side of the spectrum you have streamers like Kripp who have zero notifications of any kind and only thank people for subbing every half an hour or so. It's not like SBFP has to do any dumb notification antics to become a big stream, they already have a huge fanbase.

anyone tried Blade and Soul?
its free and im seriously thinking about it
combat seems more interactive than just hit keys and pray

I played in the beta, I got the full game now, but haven't started playing yet. Kind of hoping someone starts a storm feelers clan or w/e they have in the game before I start so I know what server to go to. I only played a little bit as two class(I played force master for about 5 minutes, said fuck that and switched to Assassin), and even with all the crazy combos i had with assassin, I was apparently only scratching the surface. I hear they get super complicated at higher levels(and get major buffs in later patches).

LPs aren't just an excuse to take dumps on a game or force jokes, right? FFX isn't considered a bad game, and I think I heard somewhere that Matt claims to kind of like it, so why not just do a playthrough where you actually talk about the characters/story instead of trying to tear the game down with bad jokes?
They're actually pretty vocal about how they like Auron, Kimari, and Lulu, and they actually did talk a bit about story stuff they liked, but the game's pacing is terrible for an LP. There's just too much time between actually interesting things for them to keep focusing on that, kinda like in Ultra Despair Girls (and with less shifts in character focus to provide variety).

Top Bottom