• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Moonlight

Banned
Liam was the one with the most poverty set-up, but his format was probably my favourite. Just sitting around playing a game and fielding Q&A with a side of commentary.

Liam streams were awesome. Last one he did was Counterspy which feels like was so long ago. Glad we're getting them back (assuming he does some solo streaming like Matt).

There's nothing wrong the the stream backseat gaming as long as the streamer themselves don't mind, but if they ask you not to do it and you keep doing it then yeah, you're an asshole.

The proper response to backseat gamers is to openly defy them.

For example, if Pat's in your channel complaining about your RE inventory management, open up your attache case and just start randomly flipping things sideways and upside-down and interleaving ammunition with healing items, making sure to note, "There, GingerRage, did that fix it?" Just as an example.

Liam was the one with the most poverty set-up, but his format was probably my favourite. Just sitting around playing a game and fielding Q&A with a side of commentary.

His were great. Quality wasn't the best but they were just generally chill times.

I enjoy a facecam in most of my streams but if the game really doesn't warrant it for a reaction (I dont think Demon's does) we could do without on specific games and with on others.

The proper response to backseat gamers is to openly defy them.

For example, if Pat's in your channel complaining about your RE inventory management, open up your attache case and just start randomly flipping things sideways and upside-down and interleaving ammunition with healing items, making sure to note, "There, GingerRage, did that fix it?" Just as an example.

Oh, for sure. Gotta have fun with the stream trolls sometimes else they'll begin to get to you.

Squishy3

Need to convince Pat to stream him playing FFXIV talking about Star Trek and arguing with FC members about the definition of LP since I imagine even if he says he'll be busy with SF5 he'll want to experience 3.2

watch him get more viewers than the other FFXIV streamers if he did this

Edzi

Do any of you guys currently play FFXIV? I'm curious if I've run into any of you in the Free Company over the past couple weeks I've been playing.

Squishy3

Do any of you guys currently play FFXIV? I'm curious if I've run into any of you in the Free Company over the past couple weeks I've been playing.
I'm still active, although at this point I just log in to do beast tribe dailies and my roulettes to get the relic tokens. Waiting for 3.2 at this point.

Skrams

He does pretty well when solo. I guess comparatively his PS4 streaming was poverty, but it's still pretty fucking good.
There's nothing wrong the the stream backseat gaming as long as the streamer themselves don't mind, but if they ask you not to do it and you keep doing it then yeah, you're an asshole.
I find people reposting the same paragraph of text from some walkthrough to be a bit annoying since he tried what it said and it didn't help him. People kept reposting it for a bit at the time. People already know this, but twitch chat continues to be a vacuum with nonstop nonsense most of the time. It's good that it didn't really bother Matt, but it's bland to me as the viewer to watch Matt piddle around searching for something that doesn't exist for 15 minutes. You can tell going in that it probably doesn't exist either. The reposting of a walkthrough with no one to back it up is just unhelpful.

watch him get more viewers than the other FFXIV streamers if he did this

Don't encroach on my game yo!

I do but not on Dio. My main is on Behemoth.

I find people reposting the same paragraph of text from some walkthrough to be a bit annoying since he tried what it said and it didn't help him. People kept reposting it for a bit at the time. People already know this, but twitch chat continues to be a vacuum with nonstop nonsense most of the time. It's good that it didn't really bother Matt, but it's bland to me as the viewer to watch Matt piddle around searching for something that doesn't exist for 15 minutes. You can tell going in that it probably doesn't exist either. The reposting of a walkthrough with no one to back it up is just unhelpful.

Does he not have mods?

Skrams

Woolie is either really terrible at Naruto or hitting the x button to walk on water is hard.

Does he not have mods?

He has 6 including his wife. I believe 2 were alive at the time, cranky and mannyfanny. I doubt any of them TO'd or banned anyone at the time since it was still his second stream with no real guidelines or rules set up. I don't really expect much of any cracking down on that stuff until way down the line or whenever Matt decrees it.

Matt actively tried to get help from the chat and said he couldn't see what some guy posted for him so chat helped him out and reposted it, they weren't griefing him or anything. I have no idea why you're comparing last night's chat to the average Twitch chat, they were actually extremely civil. Chat will be as obnoxious as the streamer lets it become.

Matt actively tried to get help from the chat and said he couldn't see what some guy posted for him so chat helped him out and reposted it, they weren't griefing him or anything. I have no idea why you're comparing last night's chat to the average Twitch chat, they were actually extremely civil. Chat will be as obnoxious as the streamer lets it become.

just threaten the chat with wierd creepy animal sex facts by Plague if they dont behave
scar them for life as punishment

Skrams

Salty Bet 2

I didn't say they were griefing him on purpose. He tried to burn down a bush for an optional tomb, it didn't work, and people reposted the same paragraph stolen from a walkthrough for 10 minutes. I don't think reposting a walkthrough segment is helpful. In the situation he was in it was clearly obvious that he needed some later progression item to get through to the optional tomb. He tried finding some muddy water or whatever it was and couldn't. I just think it was pretty fruitless from the beginning and I've never thought reposting walkthrough segments in an effort to help the streamer have been good ideas.

They were civil, but I think nonstop nonsense really isn't that far off base of what it was. I never said they were like an average twitch chat which would be even worse.

Salty Bet 2

I didn't say they were griefing him on purpose. He tried to burn down a bush for an optional tomb, it didn't work, and people reposted the same paragraph stolen from a walkthrough for 10 minutes. I don't think reposting a walkthrough segment is helpful. In the situation he was in it was clearly obvious that he needed some later progression item to get through to the optional tomb. He tried finding some muddy water or whatever it was and couldn't. I just think it was pretty fruitless from the beginning and I've never thought reposting walkthrough segments in an effort to help the streamer have been good ideas.

They were civil, but I think nonstop nonsense really isn't that far off base of what it was. I never said they were like an average twitch chat which would be even worse.
did someone fuck up?
its not Friday

aly

My only experience with RE 0 is a dark id LP, since I did'nt have a gamecube.So I'm super excited for this.

Might not be the golden age but pretty fucking close.

Went from watching only 1 or 2 LP's to a solid 4 is fantastic. Throw in the streaming and baby you got a stew going.

Apparently Life is Strange is held in high regard?

My take on it during the LP was it being ok, nothing special. One of those games you forget ya played in the following months.

Anyone else feel the same way?

My take on it during the LP was it being ok, nothing special. One of those games you forget ya played in the following months.

Commentary was really solid with Matt and Liam, even if there were puzzles that held them up for absurd amounts of time.

Whatever uploading bot they use to upload and announce videos fucked up because it posted the link to today's FNF early but the video is still private.

The game of the day is
kidding it's more salty bet XD

Game or LP? The game was something I enjoyed far more than anything imitating Walking Dead S1 since Walking Dead S1.

As an LP it's aight.

Matsukaze

The life is strange LP is great because of how much Liam hates to admit that Warren is tottally Shin-Liam
I still think back to the Russlemania 2 finale, when Warren entered the rumble and Liam's immediate reaction was "Is that Warren? THIS KID NEEDS TO DIE!"

It's pretty good. Of the three major adventure styled games I've seen last year, it was better than Until Dawn, but neither of those games comes remotely close to Tales from the Borderlands.

I enjoyed the LP more than the game itself.

The life is strange LP is great because of how much Liam hates to admit that Warren is tottally Shin-Liam

Deep down, we all have a little bit of Warren inside all of us.

It's pretty good. Of the three major adventure styled games I've seen last year, it was better than Until Dawn, but neither of those games comes remotely close to Tales from the Borderlands.

I enjoyed the LP more than the game itself.

Deep down, we all have a little bit of Warren inside all of us.

i dont
because i had a sick inner battle and killed that part of me

so now theres 3 groups in the Best Friends Lore
YoVideoGames,the Zaibatsu, and now USTABAIZ lol
and USTABAIZ might as well be shin Woolie,Liam,Matt, and Patt

Skrams

Game or LP? The game was something I enjoyed far more than anything imitating Walking Dead S1 since Walking Dead S1.

As an LP it's aight.
Yeah, I think it's definitely the most interesting Walking Dead esque adventure game since S1. It also showed that you can make an adventure game that doesn't fucking die like almost every Telltale game at this point. I definitely don't write it off as hipster bullshit like a lot of people do.

The ending stuff is kind of disappointing I guess, but I think a lot of the preceding stuff is pretty interesting and cool. I'd love to see what they do with a Life is Strange 2 with tackling new characters and situations like they want to.

LP was also pretty strong for the most part.
Liam's really going to bat with the Vita.

I did the survey and I hope everything works out. Would love for more Indie/Japanese games to come out on vita in the west.

Glad it worked out for him a little bit. I'm actually not that disappointed in the selection as he made it sound a few days ago. I'd buy all of them because gotta support.

Shin Zaibatsu is Takahata, Cranky Construct, Plague of Gripes, and Brennan Williams
P.S.
look at this gem(pun intended) i found on the subreddit

This is Woolie, back together
And I'm never getting bodied by the likes of you
Because I'm so much saltier
And every part of me is saying go fight her
The two of us ain't gonna follow your rules
Come at me without any of your engine tools
Let's go just me and you
Let's go just one on two
Go ahead and try to combo me if you're able
Can't you see that my counter game is stable
I can see you hate the way we're hysterical
But I think you're just mad cause we're a boss character
And you're not gonna stop your high blood pressure
We are gonna steal rounds like this forever
If you ring us out we'll just come back newer
And we'll always be twice the Wool that you are
I am ma-ade o-o-of-o-of scru-u-ub-u-ub
O-o-of-o-of
Scru-u-ub-u-ub
O-o-of-o-of
Scr-u-ub-u-ub
This is who we are
This is who I am
And if you think you can perfect me
Then you need to calibrate again
Cause I am a single pixel
And I will never fall
And I won't let you hurt my pies
And I won't let you hurt my Hulk doll
Go ahead and try to combo me if you're able
Can't you see that my counter game is stable
I know you think I'm not something you're afraid of
Cause you think you see what my Necalli is made of
But I am even more than the two of them
Everything they John about is what I am
I am their love for child murder
I am their sense of direction
I am a massive shitlord
I am ma-ade o-o-of-o-of scru-u-ub-u-ub
O-o-of-o-of
Scru-u-ub-u-ub
And it's saltier than you
O-o-of-o-of
Scru-u-ub-u-ub
And it's saltier than you

context
https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/427v4h/facing_the_ustabiazs_brennan_better_woolie/

Top Bottom