• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I want Pat to talk about Star Trek more.

He always makes me laugh when he does.

Also he's right, Janeway is terrible.
I suggested he and Matt LP
Generations
. That game is weird in a good way, plus they could easily record it once they get it running, since it's a PC game.

Breads

Banned
Clutched it out
by a dollar.

I know this isn't exactly high level discourse but I really enjoy these friday night salty bets. What can I say? I feed off of their energy sometimes.

Rean

Decided to check out that anime Liam was talking about recently that had to do with time travel.

It's pretty interesting so far and I'm looking forward to what happens next in it.

This Ustabiaz stuff going down is the best.

tumblr_o1d9x5B5cQ1s4qztoo1_400.jpg

I kind of feel saltybet would work better if they all made new accounts on it, and whomever can make the most money in however matches they watch would be the winner, though maybe that would be too complicated to set up.

I kind of feel saltybet would work better if they all made new accounts on it, and whomever can make the most money in however matches they watch would be the winner, though maybe that would be too complicated to set up.

That'd be fun to watch. It'd make the betting interesting. Though they'd all have to have something to do that on.

guavatin

Banned
So I really haven't been on track with the Best Friends since, I'd like to say episode 30 of the SBFC? So that's a good two year's worth of content.

I'd pretty much like to start up with their best stuff first, primarily a playthrough of a game. Any suggestions?

So I really haven't been on track with the Best Friends since, I'd like to say episode 30 of the SBFC? So that's a good two year's worth of content.

I'd pretty much like to start up with their best stuff first, primarily a playthrough of a game. Any suggestions?
Yakuza 4, Life is Strange, RERev 2, Matt's Solo No More Heroes LP, Silent Hill 2, D4, I have No Mouth and I must Scream are a couple.

tsundoku

Dark Souls 2, Pokemon Fire Red Nuzlocke, Bloodborne, Chrono Trigger, FFX, No More Heroes 2, Astro Boy I have no mouth and I must scream

Matsukaze

If you haven't seen the Resident Evil 4 playthrough, I'd suggest that, because it's so fun watching Unparalleled Expert Pat's world come crumbling down through a combination of mistakes and carelessness. (Love you, Pat :p ).

On a similar note, the RE Revelations 2 LP is very good, with both Matt and Pat on controls for team-up shenanigans.

The Silent Hill 2 LP is a must-watch. It's probably THE most insightful LP they've ever done (although Matt's solo No More Heroes LP comes close).

It may not be "best" level, but Afro Samurai 2 is a three-episode super easy-to-watch LP featuring all four of them tearing into one of the most garbage games they have ever played.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Not sure when Episode 30 of SBFC was exactly, but I'd recommend the following recent LPs in no particular order:

Soma
Until Dawn
Ride to Hell
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Dark Dreams Don't Die

Pat: The leeches are the most efficient monsters. I mean, you can't shoot them with a gun.

Unless you're Billy Fucking Coen and his gun no jutsu of course.

Also is Mattbecca in the intro art a Rev2 reference. "Monsters!"

Pat: The leeches are the most efficient monsters. I mean, you can't shoot them with a gun.

Also is Mattbecca in the intro art a Rev2 reference. "Monsters!"
It's pretty much a running gag at this point that Matt is always the female RE protagonist (or weaker one, in the case of Revelations 2).

Not that I'm complaining, of course.

ArjanN

Eh, the point was there are way more of them than you can actually shoot. Billy just has plot armor and the leeches randomly decide to fuck off just because he shot like 2 out of a million.

Skrams

Afro Samurai 2 LP is some good stupid bullshit.

Dark Souls 2, Pokemon Fire Red Nuzlocke, Bloodborne, Chrono Trigger, FFX, No More Heroes 2, Astro Boy I have no mouth and I must scream

I know you're joking and listing all the LPs you think are terrible, but Bloodborne and I Have No Mouth next to things like Nuzlocke? Nah, man. Nah.

guavatin

Banned
Just caught up with their Broken Bond LP. Gonna dive into Silent Hill 2 and catch up on the podcasts on my free time.

Can't believe how much I've missed these guys.

tsundoku

Afro Samurai 2 LP is some good stupid bullshit.

I know you're joking and listing all the LPs you think are terrible, but Bloodborne and I Have No Mouth next to things like Nuzlocke? Nah, man. Nah.

i enjoyed watching them all but i have no mouth is a terrible fucking game and a pretty bad lp

Disgraced

i enjoyed watching them all but i have no mouth is a terrible fucking game and a pretty bad lp
I don't disagree with putting Slugborne and Nuzlocke in the same category, but regarding I Have No Mouth you are coocoo for cocoa puffs. It's not as good as Plague's more informative LP of it but it is so not terrible.

Two Best Friends Play Resident Evil Zero HD (Part 2)

Site

YT

Two Best Friends Play Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry

Site

YT

I highly recommend anyone interested in seeing more Raven's Cry check out the Men Drinkin' Coffee LP, because it's fucking brilliant.

Awww, no full LP of Raven's Cry? I need a shitty game playthrough.

Also the last few replies made me remember I want to watch Plague's LP of No Mouth.

Disgraced

Awww, no full LP of Raven's Cry? I need a shitty game playthrough.
That Men Drinkin' Coffee LP of it is good, I'm tellin' ya. Their comedic style is a bit more mature than the Best Friends, not meaning it's any more or less adult, but that it's more relaxed, subtle, and there's no reliance on memes and niche Internet-culture, so it might not appeal to most SBF fans, but it's good shit, yo.
Also the last few replies made me remember I want to watch Plague's LP of No Mouth.
You totally should. Of the few he's done it's his best LP alongside Dark Souls.

Skrams

This Naruto is getting hard to watch. Woolie is really terrible at the game and general directioning Starboard. He also doesn't understand how the minigames work half the time and it's the worst. Unless this game is super short then I see this LP taking way longer than people expect.

It's annoying how Sierray it is with failstates or dumb shit you need to do, but nah man, nah.

This Naruto is getting hard to watch. Woolie is really terrible at the game and general directioning Starboard. He also doesn't understand how the minigames work half the time and it's the worst. Unless this game is super short then I see this LP taking way longer than people expect.

It's annoying how Sierray it is with failstates or dumb shit you need to do, but nah man, nah.

the true purpose of the Naruto LP was to bring the rest of you fuckers to the Naruto side

in the words of Admiral Ackbar
ITS A TRAP!

joe2187

Banned
Okay so playing FFX and got to the blitzball game

Blitzball is the fucking worst. I never want to play this again. You start out so gimped to begin with, it's an awful introduction to the game. You end up swimming around like an idiot and passing the ball to yourself until the clock runs out or they bumrush your ass.

Blitzball is the fucking worst. I never want to play this again. You start out so gimped to begin with, it's an awful introduction to the game. You end up swimming around like an idiot and passing the ball to yourself until the clock runs out or they bumrush your ass.

the trick is to recruit the most OP members and break the game

Someone didn't beat the minigame and get the Jecht Shot.

I managed to score once on them once I got Wakka, and only because he's the only one whose SA has an actual chance at scoring.
Someone didn't beat the minigame and get the Jecht Shot.
I didn't, cause I didn't understand wtf they wanted me to do.

grimmiq

the trick is to recruit the most OP members and break the game

Yup, avoid Blitzball til you can recruit a certain midfielder later on in the game, reset the league so everyone is min level again, then set him and a shooter as defenders and grind exp by passing back and forth over and over. Eventually he'll be able to swim around the entire sphere, picking up every opposing team member, out-swim them because of his crazy speed and pass to your shooter at the goal.

Top Bottom