• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

If by standard you mean GOAT harem series then yeah, it's standard. It's one of the funniest harem series I've read and the protagonist isn't a complete piece of shit. That's fine though if other people can't get into it because harems and boobs though.
The weirdest thing about Monster Musume is the fact that all the main characters are 18 or older. That shit's rare in anime/manga, never mind harem stuff.

Gonna have to disagree with them about Xrd's lobbies. They're actually pretty bad, especially in comparison to Blazblue and Ultimax's arcade styled lobbies.

And at launch, the netcode was pretty ass too.

Sou Da

vrwdHk2.png

Has anyone told him that Trinidad is just the Canada of the Caribbean?

I would definitely recommend reading the manga if you are done with the anime. It's so great. This fight is so fucking good
It's not Sendo

I'm thinking of giving it a go despite not really being into manga. The anime was actually disappointing to me until episode ~50(Volg fight) when I took a break, after that it got so good. Takamura vs Bryan Hawk is still the GOAT fight, Ippo vs Sawamura and Takamura vs Eagle were also great.

Moonlight

Banned
If by standard you mean GOAT harem series then yeah, it's standard.
Standard really doesn't mean anything more than what it means, which is that it's... conventional and safe. It's really not doing anything special after its' gimmick. The show can be funny and it is well produced, but it's not like, the holy grail.

Shackzam

I'm thinking of giving it a go despite not really being into manga. The anime was actually disappointing to me until episode ~50(Volg fight) when I took a break, after that it got so good. Takamura vs Bryan Hawk is still the GOAT fight, Ippo vs Sawamura and Takamura vs Eagle were also great.

There's at least 3-4 fights that are above the Tak vs Hawk for me in the manga.

Skrams

Standard really doesn't mean anything more than what it means, which is that it's... conventional and safe. It's really not doing anything special after its' gimmick. The show can be funny and it is well produced, but it's not like, the holy grail.

Yeah, I get you son. "Standard :^)"

We on the same page. It's cool.

she looks so cool
until she punches the guy what the fuck is with tekken 7. Instead of making any of the hits look like they have impact, they put a noise and a big sploosh of energy so you KNOW they made an impact. And the i assume tekken staple juggling physics. barf.

Also been thinking about getting into EDF cause of the top 10 recommendation. Only one I can get access to and try out with a friend is the steam release, Insect Armageddon. Is that one really far behind 2025/ 4.1 that they're recommending or would it still be fun.
Welcome to Tekken and juggling? Also Insect Armageddon is made by westerners and not really the best EDF to start out with. Give it a shot if you want, but ehhhhhhh.

tsundoku

she looks so cool
until she punches the guy what the fuck is with tekken 7. Instead of making any of the hits look like they have impact, they put a noise and a big sploosh of energy so you KNOW they made an impact. And the i assume tekken staple juggling physics. barf.

Also been thinking about getting into EDF cause of the top 10 recommendation. Only one I can get access to and try out with a friend is the steam release, Insect Armageddon. Is that one really far behind 2025/ 4.1 that they're recommending or would it still be fun.

Shackzam

Damn, and none of them have been adapted yet?

Not into any animation form. If you need a chapter number to start where the anime left off I can probably find it. The anime leaves off in like around chapter 450 I believe, but I can find the number.
at this rate Eren is gonna reach the basement in anime form before whoever is incharge of the Ippo anime gets off their lazy ass and makes more
This as well, but I believe the people that animate ippo recently (madhouse) might be tied up with one punch man. There's also stuff like Takamura's voice actor still trolling everyone that the next season is happening, but he did that with rising or New challenger (can't remember which) and then it came out like 4 years after he mentioned it.

Skrams

Not into any animation form. If you need a chapter number to start where the anime left off I can probably find it. The anime leaves off in like around chapter 450 I believe, but I can find the number.

This as well, but I believe the people that animate ippo recently (madhouse) might be tied up with one punch man. There's also stuff like Takamura's voice actor still trolling everyone that the next season is happening, but he did that with rising or New challenger (can't remember which) and then it came out like 4 years after he mentioned it.

Everytime a major Madhouse project ends I pray a lil bit for Ippo.

Man, I've been hanging around political threads for too long if all I could see are the dark undertones of Michael Wilson's "Freedom and Justice" speech at the end.

WOoof, that would be something if it was ever used in our modern era @_@ Call of Duty has got nothing on Metal Wolf Chaos.

Tcab96

Podcast spoiler:
"You wanna live forever? Strangle a hundred babies. Well, those babies didn't need to live." - Pat 2016

I lost my fucking shit. I actually share Pat's fear of death. The fear has really become more prevalent recently with my grandmother's passing. The idea of oblivion freaks me the fuck out.

So I finished the top 10 of 2014 video yesterday and I have one question... how did I completely miss Toukiden? I literally had no idea this game even existed till now. Given I don't own a vita, but still. I got the demo on my ps4 and i'll probably play it later, but I'm kinda disappointed I wasn't even aware of its existence.

Anyone played the ps4 version? Whats it like and what problems does it have? Liam mentioned it and the pc version having problems, and I'd like to know before I dump 50 bucks on it(in case the problems aren't in the demo).

joe2187

Banned
Podcast spoiler:
"You wanna live forever? Strangle a hundred babies. Well, those babies didn't need to live." - Pat 2016

I lost my fucking shit. I actually share Pat's fear of death. The fear has really become more prevalent recently with my grandmother's passing. The idea of oblivion freaks me the fuck out.

I used to be like that when I was younger.

Then I stopped giving a fuck.

Life is much better now.

but now and again, before I go to bed....

FhD3jd.gif

I woke up to this super stunned. Ok yeah you sold me #bringallFromsoftgames here. Best Friends need to LP/quick look all of them so I can get all of them. I NEED MY SHADOW TOWER ABYSS

But for real yeah. Thats great. I'll definitely pick up MWCR when it does come out. I want more of the JP only Fromsoft games. Especially Shadow tower Abyss.

I woke up to this super stunned. Ok yeah you sold me #bringallFromsoftgames here. Best Friends need to LP/quick look all of them so I can get all of them. I NEED MY SHADOW TOWER ABYSS

But for real yeah. Thats great. I'll definitely pick up MWCR when it does come out. I want more of the JP only Fromsoft games. Especially Shadow tower Abyss.

What I would do for Shadow Tower abyss, They need to get on that shit.

Duplolas

Banned
So I just watched the full play through of FromSoftware's Metal Wolf Chaos and I just have to say.. Wow! The combat was really similar to Souls games. Maybe more Bloodborne than anything because of the dash dodge system, but still.

Honestly the thing I was really taken aback by was how good the flow of the combat the final boss battle of the Metal Wolf Chaos was. I just thought to myself, "Man. If you took this game's dodge mechanics, updated them a little more, and the centered the game around close quarter combat you could make an amazing Souls like game."

Having tight ground AND air dodging would open an entirely new world of possibility for combat.

I can imagine it now. I get invaded by some guy in a sick mech and we both air dodge towards each other. He swings a giant great sword and I mid-air parry his ass. Then preform some kind of sick mid-air finisher with whatever badass weapon I have.
Why can't this be real?? :'(

Matsukaze

I'm sorry for your loss.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, so I don't know if Pat has shared anything new other than his typical "I wanna live forever, even as a toilet" routine, but I think if Pat were actually afraid of death, he might make a few changes to his lifestyle. I dunno, maybe lay off the five Red Bulls a day, maybe exercise and get some sun on that alabaster hide of his. Maybe learn to cook healthy things for himself so he doesn't have to stuff his face with junk food or beg his girlfriend to keep him alive with her cooking. :p

As for me - Every once in a blue moon, I stop and think "Wow, one day I won't exist", but it lasts like maybe a few seconds. The way I look at it, living longer/forever seems great on paper, but is only worth it if I can guarantee the same for my loved ones. If that can't be arranged or they aren't on board with the idea, then super-longevity wouldn't be worth it.

Edzi

I'm listening to the podcast now, and it sounds like Liam is STILL avoiding paying up for the bet? I thought was was purposefully being dense with the whole "double up forever" thing to try and mess with Pat, but if he's seriously not considering following through with his end of the bet then that's kinda messed up.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, so I don't know if Pat has shared anything new other than his typical "I wanna live forever, even as a toilet" routine, but I think if Pat were actually afraid of death, he might make a few changes to his lifestyle. I dunno, maybe lay off the five Red Bulls a day, maybe exercise and get some sun on that alabaster hide of his. Maybe learn to cook healthy things for himself so he doesn't have to stuff his face with junk food or beg his girlfriend to keep him alive with her cooking. :p

You know, I've noticed something recently about Pat that you sort of touched on with this post. I love the guy, and I don't wanna come off as mean or anything, but "routine" is the perfect word to describe how he's been acting lately on podcasts and videos. I don't think he's always been as weirdly formulaic as I've been noticing lately, but it just seems like all he's about is being loud and acting unreasonable and shitty because he thinks it's funny. I know he's always been a bit hyperbolic, but it just feels like it's gone from genuine emotional hyperbole to phoned in "gotta play it up to be funny" hyperbole recently. I feel bad typing this, but it's just something I've started to pick up on lately and I'm not sure I like it.

bryanee

I'm listening to the podcast and I was wondering if anyone knows where Woolie pulled the Jaden Smith as Static Shock thing from? Just out of his arse or is there a rumour out there that I cant find?

Top Bottom