• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Xux

Karin's so freakin' cool. SFV still seems too fast and complex for me but I'll probably still buy it and dick around in Training Mode, though.

Rockk

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with anyone but Nash.

The ranking system really hurts you when you switch characters. I was messing around with Chun Li and Bison and just eating it.

I love it. It will encourage people to sit in training mode and practice like the rest of us.

5Gce9Am.jpg

aAbNsTD.png

Neat little bingo cards for tomorrows stream, courtesy of the subreddit

I seem to remember some quote from Reggie or Iwata or someone a while back brushing off VR as not very important. They acknowledged it, but they don't seem to plan on doing it.

Seems like it'd be right up their alley.

I'm trying to see where I'm gonna go for my VR fix, I don't have a PS4 but I'll probably end up buying one this year and my PC is beefy enough for Rift/Vine.

If Nintendo somehow comes in and shows off their own VR tech, it'll make even harder..

Neol

I would pay money to see a Summer Lesson LP.

The filth that will protrude from that playthrough would be godlike.

Metal Wolf Chaos speaks for itself, Resident Evil Zero is good but I like Resident Evil, The Old Hunters is great, Game Grumps crossover Spiderman 3 was great

I also see ff10 in my sub box. With matt and woolie no less. Anything good outta that rancid pile?

It's gotten better but the early episodes are rough. Particularly due to the inabiltiy to stop repeating the same unfunny joke. There's a string of about 4 or 5 episodes as well with really bad desync issues as well until they figured the issue out.

It's gotten better but the early episodes are rough. Particularly due to the inabiltiy to stop repeating the same unfunny joke. There's a string of about 4 or 5 episodes as well with really bad desync issues as well until they figured the issue out.
Ah, there's the unprofessionalism I know and love.

They love the shit out of Lulu and Auron.
As they should. Lulu and Auron are two of the only cool things in that game.

NeoGiff

Has anyone seen RE0 Part 6 on Vessel yet? Surprise surprise, once more
Pat flounders around on a simple puzzle, for SIX WHOLE MINUTES
. It's... awful. I also cracked up after Pat
killed the three Eliminators in the room Rebecca fell from - his incredulousness combined with Billy's pathetic limp-shuffle animation was hilarious

Village

That thing FFXV thing had Metal gear my cry shit in it, i'm even more down to clown than previous down clownage percentages.

Skrams

Pat has not seen Big. The fuck. And no Big is not just Jack, Pat. I mean it is, but it isn't. Still, stop it.

The second one will be halfway done before an hour.

Yeah, second is pretty easy. First is pretty god damn great because I can totally see them doing so many of the things on it. It's not super gimme, but it's pretty damn believable.

Here's another from the reddit.

AV8tUQk.jpg

Jonami90

Neo Member
Been away for a while, quick opinions on recent videos:

I dropped FFX, it just wasn't fun. Maybe I'll get back to it in the future. Maybe.

Odallus looks okay, that first episode didn't really grab me. But enough negativity!

Metal Wolf Chaos was so good, the guys' obvious love of the craziness (and camp) of the game really shows. Naruto as a game continues to go from middling to actually surprisingly fun (all the unique gameplay moments replicating the story bits have been great) and the commentary is on point. RE0 is also fantastic, there's just something about the Matt&Pat survival horror combo that just works so well. Matt's DKC2 was nice and relaxing, good background noise for FFXIV. The one-offs and FNFs have also gone from good to all right. Really happy with all of these.

Have they commented anything on whether the DeS stream will be archived? Europe and EST don't really work together.

Skrams

Yeah, Demon's will be archived. That's why they were worried about the stream setup and having chat there and all that.

Will VR LP's be a thing? Gonna be interesting next year, that's for sure.

We need Shadowrun tech. I need BTL chips that let me experience the LP from Pat's perspective.

I got a sensible chuckle when Matt, during the Odallus LP, mentions writing tips for "wimpier" kids in NES instruction booklets of rental games. I'm just imagining some little Canadian kid flipping the fuck out because Matt left some really terrible tips in a booklet. "Throw the axe!"

Since I'm listening to older podcasts, they got around to talking about Edge of Tomorrow.

Seemed interesting and gave it a watch, damn that was a pretty good fucking movie. Cruise did a fine job but Blunt is what carried the film for me. Paxton hype!

Apparently a sequel is being made? I dunno how they can continue the storyline but I'm all in.

We need Shadowrun tech. I need BTL chips that let me experience the LP from Pat's perspective.

I got a sensible chuckle when Matt, during the Odallus LP, mentions writing tips for "wimpier" kids in NES instruction booklets of rental games. I'm just imagining some little Canadian kid flipping the fuck out because Matt left some really terrible tips in a booklet. "Throw the axe!"

You need cyberdrugs in order to handle the experience of being Pat?

Also: When's Metal Slug?

Wonder how long the stream will last. All night?

"Yo, so I've been farming materials all goddamn month since the announcement. I have countless ephemeral eyes and colourless demon souls. Unique and boss weapons in this game are upgraded through colourless demon souls, and they are honestly an absolute headache to farm. You have to make multiple characters to farm roughly 7-10 per playthrough, and you have to turn each zone to pure black world tendency. This can take absolutely ages, and without them most of the boss weapons are pretty weak in comparison to normal weapons, so I decided to try to invade these fuckers and just drop them colourless souls."

What a nice fellow

Meffer

Pat has not seen Big. The fuck. And no Big is not just Jack, Pat. I mean it is, but it isn't. Still, stop it.

Yeah, second is pretty easy. First is pretty god damn great because I can totally see them doing so many of the things on it. It's not super gimme, but it's pretty damn believable.

Here's another from the reddit.

AV8tUQk.jpg
You know if those bingo cards were instead a drinking game, people would die.

Damn if I had my PS3 around still I would've made a character especially for invading. I'm wondering if I should stay up but I work on the GMT so it's not gonna be fun.

Top Bottom