• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Skrams

I didn't listen to last weeks podcast until today, but man, I guess I need to watch Prince of Stride now. I avoided it because I heard meh, but the bullshit Woolie dropped makes me want to relive the Free! pain. Also madhouse parkour animation.

Woolie dropping possible Witness integral Fez sounding gameplay spoilers a week before it's out and then not cutting it out of the podcast is really great too. Thanks, Woolie.
I'm sorry for your loss.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, so I don't know if Pat has shared anything new other than his typical "I wanna live forever, even as a toilet" routine, but I think if Pat were actually afraid of death, he might make a few changes to his lifestyle. I dunno, maybe lay off the five Red Bulls a day, maybe exercise and get some sun on that alabaster hide of his. Maybe learn to cook healthy things for himself so he doesn't have to stuff his face with junk food or beg his girlfriend to keep him alive with her cooking. :p

As for me - Every once in a blue moon, I stop and think "Wow, one day I won't exist", but it lasts like maybe a few seconds. The way I look at it, living longer/forever seems great on paper, but is only worth it if I can guarantee the same for my loved ones. If that can't be arranged or they aren't on board with the idea, then super-longevity wouldn't be worth it.
I need to listen to the podcast myself still as a heads up. I take it as he's afraid of death, but only at the time of when he's going to be close to it. He doesn't want to die because he wants to keep doing the things he can do while he's alive. I might be projecting myself onto him, but Pat seems like he would be selfish and want to have all the media or garbage forever instead of dying. I don't think he really lives in the moment and considers things like his weight or health and connecting that to his fear of death. He has a very fuck it attitude. He's a lot like his dad going off the stories he's said about him. Hereditary or environmental or whatever. When he eventually has a heart attack like I think his dad did? then will be the time he has the real fear. I kind of doubt he has a constant prevalent fear of walking around every corner or getting hit by a car kind of death fear.
But no dreads on Jaden though.

When he eventually has a heart attack like I think his dad did? then will be the time he has the real fear. I kind of doubt he has a constant prevalent fear of walking around every corner or getting hit by a car kind of death fear.

Pat needs to get off that fear of incoming death based on heriditary things and get on that depression level of fear. It's so much more fun, especially when you bounce back and forth between completely fine one moment to wanting everything to crash and burn the next!

I know he's always been a bit hyperbolic, but it just feels like it's gone from genuine emotional hyperbole to phoned in "gotta play it up to be funny" hyperbole recently. I feel bad typing this, but it's just something I've started to pick up on lately and I'm not sure I like it.

I think to a certain extent all of them do this but I yeah I get what you mean. Or it could be he gotten so comfortable with the YT life that's he's showing his true crazy colors.

I need to listen to the podcast myself still as a heads up. I take it as he's afraid of death, but only at the time of when he's going to be close to it. He doesn't want to die because he wants to keep doing the things he can do while he's alive. I might be projecting myself onto him, but Pat seems like he would be selfish and want to have all the media or garbage forever instead of dying. I don't think he really lives in the moment and considers things like his weight or health and connecting that to his fear of death. He has a very fuck it attitude. He's a lot like his dad going off the stories he's said about him. Hereditary or environmental or whatever. When he eventually has a heart attack like I think his dad did? then will be the time he has the real fear. I kind of doubt he has a constant prevalent fear of walking around every corner or getting hit by a car kind of death fear.

But no dreads on Jaden though.

Well he did say he's been calorie counting and will start exercising once he stops dropping weight. It's not to the extent of progress like Matt's reached (big ups to him) but he looks to be not as fat as he once was. I bet you he'll start feeling like the odd man out when Woolie starts shedding serious weight with his boxing training, provided he sticks with it.

Give it 6 months.

joe2187

Banned
I was watching the FFX LP and thinking, man I can finish this game on my vita...even get the platinum trophy!

Then I saw there was a trophy for winning a blitzball tournament, and quickly shelved it forever.

I was watching the FFX LP and thinking, man I can finish this game on my vita...even get the platinum trophy!

Then I saw there was a trophy for winning a blitzball tournament, and quickly shelved it forever.
You must not have seen the trophy for completing every characters sphere grid.

Enjoy dat grind

Skrams

Yo bruh, the last re0 is super on point.

I'm listening to in the background while I grind Pokemon Picross, but Matt is still getting some great laughs out of me. He's super on point on his shitting on Pat game and it's great. This LP has been really good so far.

Village

I'm listening to in the background while I grind Pokemon Picross, but Matt is still getting some great laughs out of me. He's super on point on his shitting on Pat game and it's great. This LP has been really good so far.

I think pat is the funny one on this one, every " working for some place n the RE universe " bits were hilarious. But they both played off each other super well

" Now with less aids"
" Less?!"

BossRush

Why can't all the LPs be this good? Seriously this is shaping up to be top top tier, most if not all of the jokes are on point.

Skrams

I went back to the DKC1 LP for some background noise. The LP is still pretty great.

I think pat is the funny one on this one, every " working for some place n the RE universe " bits were hilarious. But they both played off each other super well

" Now with less aids"
" Less?!"

Matt's "Oh! I was super wrong about using molotovs on zombies. That would of been really embarrassing on my part if you used them," made me chuckle a good bit. Pushing his molotov game and then finally reaching a enemy to be molotov'd and Pat just ignores it.

And Rebecca smells super good.

"The U.S.S. State-Of-The-Art Space Colony"

Just finished the Metal Wolf Chaos LP, what a ride, I still can't believe it exists, and how the most American game never came to America.

Vice President Richard Hawk is a top-tier villain, and the voice actor was clearly having so much fun with the roll.

Make sure you all vote Micheal Wilson this election

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I agree with Liam. Danganronpa 2 was a stronger overall game for me than Danganronpa 1. Hopefully that Steam release will really open the doors for people to the series.

Numb

Pat and Matt are the same and are just listening to the hokage(Woolie) dropping that info
It is great otherwise

I feel like I'm missing out on the Naruto LP by not knowing much about Naruto.

But then I'd have to have to read/watch Naruto so eh
Same deal, I'm mildly interested but I don't care enough to put the time in. Also I'm not convinced that I won't hate it, let alone like it.
Nope, and it took me a minute to realize it wasn't actually of the era, which is disappointing but also kind of a compliment. I might buy it later. The DLC skins turn me off a little.

So don't get the DLC skins?

Skrams

Shackzam

Hah, you bodied him?
Made a comeback on him the first round and then bodied him with Mika.
I hope those juggles were on point.
wdZbRyC.jpg

Top Bottom