• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Skrams

http://i.imgur.com/Mg3Imdo.gifv
I don't usually get annoyed by the gameplay in LPs, but this Naruto LP is really bad right now.

Yeah, Woolie has been pretty terrible at the game for a while now. It's really hard to watch.

I've been half paying attention now since a lot of the gameplay doesn't matter for this LP. I didn't notice the arrow, but again, I'm half paying attention. Chip hunting still kind of sucks. I don't want to immediately agree with Pat's theory of all hide and seek hunting, but I'm having a hard time immediately thinking of good hide and seek missions.

so ive recently started Dragon Age Inquisition alongside Cold Steel
man that OT wasnt kidding when it said the Hinterlands make you waste alot of time if you stay too long

MrHoot

Geez, SuperBunnyHop REAAAAALLY didn't like the witness. Like I get most of his gripes but it seems he's just out for blood at some pooint. Even if he says he doesn't resent the game for existing, the simple fact he even says that makes it feel that he finds the sheer presence of this game repulsive to him

Man, Gravity Rush Remastered is so good. I liked playing it on the Liam, but the controls were just...meh.
Glad that it's finally unchained from bad touchscreen mechanics.

MrHoot

Man, Gravity Rush Remastered is so good. I liked playing it on the Liam, but the controls were just...meh.
Glad that it's finally unchained from bad touchscreen mechanics.

I'm getting my copy tomorrow. How's the sliding mechanic ? I played a shitton of it on vita and loved it but yeah, some of the control were awkward.

What does the ps4 version add in terms of easy of movement ?

I'm getting my copy tomorrow. How's the sliding mechanic ? I played a shitton of it on vita and loved it but yeah, some of the control were awkward.

What does the ps4 version add in terms of easy of movement ?

Sliding is way easier, you just hold both triggers and it's much easier to control which way Kat is going.

PS4 version also has some controller gyro mechanics like move around the comic panel cutscene things, and fine tune your aim for the Gravity Kick. Also sound for when your gravity meter refills and when you collect a gem plays through your controller speaker.
I'll probably turn both that off later, but the gyro aiming seems very unintrusive. I'm not doing it by accident like I would in the Vita version

Matsukaze

All this Vita talk reminds me I have Freedom Wars just sitting on my shelf untouched. I need to get around to playing it, but FFIV on 3DS is currently holding me captive.

Geez, SuperBunnyHop REAAAAALLY didn't like the witness. Like I get most of his gripes but it seems he's just out for blood at some pooint. Even if he says he doesn't resent the game for existing, the simple fact he even says that makes it feel that he finds the sheer presence of this game repulsive to him

All the "not my type of game" and "just my opinion man" stuff felt like damage protection. It's pretty clear from his review that he considers "The Witness" as some sort of affront to the medium of video games.

Meffer

All the "not my type of game" and "just my opinion man" stuff felt like damage protection. It's pretty clear from his review that he considers "The Witness" as some sort of affront to the medium of video games.
I understand his complaints though like how the world, while pretty, doesn't have a lot to go for it. That and how the puzzles themselves aren't related to the island itself. Like, yeah solving one causes something to happen on the island. But the puzzles themselves are not intergraded to the island like Myst's puzzles were.

That Mirrors Edge trailer looked so pretty. Doom trailer was aces too.

I'm so glad I upgraded my PC, I just to a newer monitor now lol.

Vessel Spoilers:
METAL SLUG 2 HYPE

MrHoot

I personally enjoyed Freedom Wars a whole lot. One of my favourite vita games. It's just a shame that it kinda ends in a tailfish. Very weak payoff. But I think the gameplay is freaking solid (with exception of the slog of code 2)

Fat4all

Banned
I find the FFX LP getting better and better. They seem quite focused on the story, and GWWakka carried them to that point. Now they have the story, the Divanima's, and racist Wakka going all at once.

Really diggin' it.

I like everything about Freedom Wars besides the enemy encounters where they get bullshit. Liam still hasn't steered me wrong. I think.

How are Matt's streams? I haven't been watching them.

Skrams

Enjoyed Freedom Wars fine enough. I didn't get terribly far since the gameplay didn't really grip me, but I found it nowhere near terrible.

Liam was tossing around the idea of a Why I Like The Thing: Freedom Wars, and I'd really like to see it too.

I like everything about Freedom Wars besides the enemy encounters where they get bullshit. Liam still hasn't steered me wrong. I think.

How are Matt's streams? I haven't been watching them.

They're fine. I don't pay much attention to them when they're streaming. I mostly use it for background noise since I don't find the games he's played so far that engaging. Broforce was alright yesterday, but I've seen enough Broforce and didn't really care. Whatever floats your boat.

I find it really hard to get in to videos these days. I'm behind since Shitstorm with only a few select videos since then. Started Naruto LP and sad to hear it's not really good.

I find the FFX LP getting better and better. They seem quite focused on the story, and GWWakka carried them to that point. Now they have the story, the Divanima's, and racist Wakka going all at once.

Really diggin' it.
Same here. Haven't caught up completely quite yet, but really lovin it so far. I just hope they don't run gwwakka into the ground harder than they have already.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Liam recommending Freedom Wars steered me so wrong. I absolutely hated how it played. It has a cool character creator though.

Same here. I really didn't enjoy it. Hurts even worse that I bought it digitally at full price, so I couldn't resell it. And now it's like $5 all the time so fuck me I guess. =/

Fat4all

Banned
Same here. Haven't caught up completely quite yet, but really lovin it so far. I just hope they don't run gwwakka into the ground harder than they have already.

Luckily, so far they only really happens when Wakka brings up the Al Bhed, and their material is solid.

Is the whole Best Friends "Swery65 has no idea what Twin Peaks is when he made Deadly Premonition" meme not grounded on any reality? He just retweeted a tweet by Kyle MacLachlan.

Skrams

Is the whole Best Friends "Swery65 has no idea what Twin Peaks is when he made Deadly Premonition" meme not grounded on any reality? He just retweeted a tweet by Kyle MacLachlan.

I'm having trouble finding it, but Swery said at one point that he had never seen Twin Peaks. The best friends took that and ran with it as a joke, but it's pretty obvious that Swery has seen it and loves it. He's posted a lot of obvious Twin Peaks jokes and references on his twitter and stuff before.

MacLachlan is of course famous for only being in Twin Peaks and literally nothing else. Of course Swery's claim is ridiculous but this doesn't exactly prove anything.

Top Bottom