• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I'd say DD should come first. It's way, way shorter. Plus, witcher is better and you'll be spoiled on things like 'polish' or 'competence' if you play it first.

TBF, playing DD first might mean you are spoiled on a much better combat system.

Also, some one on reddit made an XCOM2 character pool with the SBFs, and I proceeded to get Liam and Matt(plus the first soldier they give you) killed in their first mission. Pat, miraculously survived(fucker was practically unhittable... except that one time he got hit) and got promoted to sharpshooter... Think I'm gonna restart anyways though, and maybe turn down the difficulty. My gun-jumper style clearly isn't working in Commander mode.

Nordicus

Cool. What's this pawn system I've been hearing about? They're your party basically?
Yeah, they're custom-made AI party members with adaptive behaviour. You get 3, one of them is the pawn created by you that levels as you do and you can customize, while the 2 others are ones that you summon from other players and their details are static the moment you summon them.

so you'll switch these 2 guest pawns out eventually for better pawns, or in some cases the same pawn that's leveled up due to its owner having played the game more in the meantime and updated their pawn. (Your online pawn updates when you rest at the inn)

Yeah, they're custom-made AI party members with adaptive behaviour. You get 3, one of them is the pawn created by you that levels as you do and you can customize, while the 2 others are ones that you summon from other players and their details are static the moment you summon them.

so you'll switch these 2 guest pawns out eventually for better pawns, or in some cases the same pawn that's leveled up due to its owner having played the game more in the meantime and updated their pawn. (Your online pawn updates when you rest at the inn)
Yup. It's a really cool system. Only real problem with the pawns is that they run their mouths. Alot.

Skrams

Them losing the game audio or whatever happened and having to replace the audio with the OST made it weaker than it already was. It's also one of those times where the guys could of just played HD remix, but Woolie or someone wanted to be special so they went with Turbo Revival because uh, reasons. At least that's what this felt like.

Also have we even had a proper fisticuffs with button bashing in the background since getting the new mics?

Skrams

Pat confirmed it's an all SF month on the reddit. So if you don't find SF fu to watch then welp. Also with the way the recording schedule probably works it means SFV won't happen until the 26th and not the 19th I would assume. That'll be kind of a bummer if it works out that way.

are we getting another Smash Fisticuffs since the last DLC characters were released this week?
I would assume so because Bayonetta
also the streaming is fine
Demon Souls was an enjoyable experience that isnt even over

Skrams

Matt also have to stream 3 times every week as well...

Yeah I don't like where Matt is going too. Please don't be like Max...
Is that a thing you have to do to stay partnered? If so, yikes. Matt seems to like streaming, but I feel like 3 times a week is just enough to kill that soft and slow.
are we getting another Smash Fisticuffs since the last DLC characters were released this week?
I would assume so because Bayonetta
also the streaming is fine
Demon Souls was an enjoyable experience that isnt even over
I want to say they said they would come back to once the DLC was done, but dunno.

joe2187

Banned
They get a sub button basically, which every semi popular channel gets.

You seem to have an irrational hatred towards everything Twitch.

I only use twitch to watch fighting game tournaments.

I hate streaming culture/twitch culture which is basically react to stream chat and act like a fucktard for subs and donations. It's pathetic and annoying.

I use max as an example because it's the most jarring. His assist me series was great, and he did normal lets plays and other videos and then down the line it turned into nothing but reactions, I'VE GOT THE TOUCH!! timesx1982129 and max screaming like kermit the frog every time somone named shitfuckpants2424 gives him a dollar.

Meffer

It's really not. Doesn't fit the theme of the game at all.

The song is cool but it didn't belong.
I absolutely disagree with you. It's like a intro song for a Berserk or medieval fantasy anime. And given how crazy the game's story and twist is, it's a perfect fit.

Top Bottom