• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Liam putting that filth on his Vita.

oh, didn't know he was sick.
so he still forced himself to show up even though he's sick? it might've been better if he just stayed home to recoup, and then come the next time if anything

I'm sure he wanted to be there for it since it was their first major stream.

Oh jeez I decided to hit the twitch archive and it's 8 hours long. I need to set an entire day aside for this.
I mean it's just a stream, you can skip ahead and shit if nothing interesting is happening. I think they're uploading highlights to YouTube but I'm not sure, I don't know if uploading the full 8 hours is a good idea.

For my Dragons Dogma peeps who got that Into Free mod, is it the English version or the Japanese version of the song that Pat was pushing on the podcast?

Neol

Going into it I didn't really like Germanspy but he seemed to adapt well enough that the play through had a good pace and flow.

Anung

Un Rama
Caught up on what I missed which was like an hour or so. Constructive criticism time.

Pros:
- A few hiccups aside and everything ran very well from a technical perspective.
- They made some great progress and seeing them tackle Latria was a highlight.
- Taking specific times to time out for fans and donations was fine and unobtrusive.
- Some great laughs and lore being created in real time.
- German Spy made things run smoothly in terms of lore explanations and not shit eating.

Cons:
- Took a good while to going.
- Sounds mixing was all over the shop.
- Matt being ill meant he spent a lot of time staring dead eyed and saying nothing. Not compelling but obviously that can't be helped. He was fine on his own stream so its a shame he couldn't add anything.
- German Spy overpowered a lot of the stream. It felt like A German Spy stream feat Zaibatsu a lot of the time as he didn't let the game breath or Woolie get a chance to explore and experience...you know the things Souls games are all about. I obviously understand why he is there but it killed a lot of my interest and made huge chunks of the stream boring.
- German Spy (whom I like) is being precious about it on his twitter which is annoying. "Spoilers are subjective" Dude its possible to guide someone without ruining everything about it. He took a lot of bite and personality out of the stream.

As I said a few pages ago I'm apprehensive of the format but consider me at least less resistant to the change. I do think they tripped themselves up (in a very best friends way) by having German Spy there as it didn't feel very much like a SBF stream.

Still consider me impressed. Rough spots aside they done pretty good. Feel proud Zaibatsu members who stalk the thread. You did good!

Missed the stream, but from what I hear I shouldn't watch it.
In a world of the other Souls LPs as comparisons, I think it was magnitudes better than DaS2, better than BB, and whether you like it more than Old Hunters is up to taste. I certainly did, but I also love Spy.

If you only watch for reactions then it would bug you, though.

K.Sabot

K so if I was watching live I probably would have tapped out at around 40 minutes. Thankfully I never reached the supposed 2 hours of donation comments, now that's a stream killer.

E the Shaggy

German Spy enters the stream:

Moe-Walks-to-Rejects-Side-The-Simpson.gif

convo

Going into it I didn't really like Germanspy but he seemed to adapt well enough that the play through had a good pace and flow.

He is used to competing with certain other people that are loud, annoying and also troll him on streams in the souls-community, so he's got experience and build up patience with these situations.
I think he's pretty much as good a guest as any they had on the podcast.

Skrams

Woolie and them also explicitly told him to overpower them to get a word in edge wise multiple times since Skype calls usually end up with the skype person being dead a lot of the time. It's hard to find a good medium with it if you do it I find.

K so if I was watching live I probably would have tapped out at around 40 minutes. Thankfully I never reached the supposed 2 hours of donation comments, now that's a stream killer.

That's not a thing. The longest I'd guess is 15-25 minutes. The guys had to get up anyway because wow, Pat and Woolie's legs are fucking cement. You leave that shit alone for 10 minutes and it wants to turn to stone. They had to get up a lot to stop their jimmy legs from being shit. Also food and poops and stuff.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That's not a thing. The longest I'd guess is 15-25 minutes. The guys had to get up anyway because wow, Pat and Woolie's legs are fucking cement. You leave that shit alone for 10 minutes and it wants to turn to stone. They had to get up a lot to stop their jimmy legs from being shit. Also food and poops and stuff.

He's probably taking about the bit at the end that went over 1 hour easily.

Speaking on the donation things, yeah. The stopping to read those I don't really think worked out because half the stream ended up being them thanking people for donations.

Skrams

He's probably taking about the bit at the end that went over 1 hour easily.
If we include that part then yeah, but I mean, that's where they stopped. Everyone was heading home at that time and it just petering out.
Speaking on the donation things, yeah. The stopping to read those I don't really think worked out because half the stream ended up being them thanking people for donations.
At least Woolie knows next time not to be the person playing and the same one reading stream donations. That seemed like the worst oversight. Someone is supposed to have a tablet next time to help read out donations I think? I guess they might read some during stream, but dunno. I want that shit to remain subtle still as to not bring any halt to the conversation in the room each time a donation is read. There's also the Coming Up scroll bar at the bottom that could be used for donation messages if necessary. Only shit we'll get with that is someone spoiling something or horrible horrible things being there.

Anung

Un Rama

Seems like one of those necessary evils of the streaming world. I mean I hate it and rather'd they just leave it completely till the end or blanket thank everyone for donating. Still its early days hopefully they'll find a groove.

Seems like one of those necessary evils of the streaming world. I mean I hate it and rather'd they just leave it completely till the end or blanket thank everyone for donating. Still its early days hopefully they'll find a groove.

It's just that the setup for it was bad. Having Pat or someone off to the side reading them during downtime between conversations is the proper way to go as opposed to stopping the stream completely for nearly an hour on multiple occasions to read them.

I think it's a better solution than to have the donations read outloud while Woolie is playing. That would just get in the way of their banter. With this method I can just go do something else while they read out the donations.

Anung

Un Rama
I think it's a better solution than to have the donations read outloud while Woolie is playing. That would just get in the way of their banter. With this method I can just go do something else while they read out the donations.

For real. Constantly breaking flow to thank people would be unbearable. Gives me time to go piss and grab food while they do that.

Vessel RE0 ending is an obvious recipe for disaster. Oh, Rebecca in Caution has more empty slots. Let's send her in.

Also,
the combo for the case is on the case!

Top Bottom