• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I am so glad that the Peter Stormare psych meetings appear to be a reoccurring thing before each new chapter in Until Dawn.

Also fucking hell at that jump scare. Even though I saw that shit coming, it still got me good. Matt and Pat's reaction to it was worth it, though.

I think they should stop doing theme months and just stick to theme weeks. That way they won't run out of games as quick. It's also better for people who don't care for the particular theme since they won't have to wait a month before they get 2 LP episodes a day again.

Anung

Un Rama
I really liked them last year, but this year they felt kinda stale.

Yep. I actually kind of agree. Some of them have been amazing and all the intro's have been excellent but the episode/games themselves are just....ehhhhhh.

Until Dawn is the saving grace for me as I haven't had jack to watch on the channel :( #firstworldproblems

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yep. I actually kind of agree. Some of them have been amazing and all the intro's have been excellent but the episode/games themselves are just....ehhhhhh.

Until Dawn is the saving grace for me as I haven't had jack to watch on the channel :( #firstworldproblems
You dont watch fox and friends?

Someone should make a game exactly like Until Dawn in which they take out all of the horror and add in even more teen drama, god I love drama as long as I'm not a part of it.
I really liked them last year, but this year they felt kinda stale.

They're probably not doing them anymore starting next year, there's just not enough games.

I think shitstorm should stay though, horror games are plentiful and I really like those episodes despite hating horror games.

Skrams

Rustlemania 2: SuperBrawl Saturday III - Smackdown Here Comes the Pain! (2nd Impact)

Website Link

Youtube Link

Everyone's scared of the Sonic fanbase. You don't need to tell me that. Some Sonic games are still good though despite the literally thousands of images of x the hedgehog impregnating amy or sonic impregnating them.

Rooftop Run da best.

MrHoot

I started playing until dawn myself with a friend. It's incredibly fun to watch the SBF playthrough because holy shit we're already getting a lot of slight differences.

It's a very fun game to play in any case if you're really into playing a slasher movie simulation. I don't know yet if all the little subtle choices will affect the ending that much. But i'm eager to see how their progress and my own evolve

They're probably not doing them anymore starting next year, there's just not enough games.

I think shitstorm should stay though, horror games are plentiful and I really like those episodes despite hating horror games.
Even if they ran out of horror games to one shit, they could do LPs of the more popular videos from a previous year.

Laputa_94

Since metal gear is coming out soon I decided to rewatch the best friends play of MGS 3, some classic stuff in there. I would love Matt, Pat, and Woolie lps of each MGS game though appartnly they cant do to the high chance of it being taken down.

Numb

Rustlemania 2: SuperBrawl Saturday III - Smackdown Here Comes the Pain! (2nd Impact)

Website Link

Youtube Link

Everyone's scared of the Sonic fanbase. You don't need to tell me that. Some Sonic games are still good though despite the literally thousands of images of x the hedgehog impregnating amy or sonic impregnating them.

Rooftop Run da best.

Matt stopped watching wrestling around the time i did it seems but he knows so much about the new stuff.
Also Goldberg is the greatest dude.

Try to avoid searching for any of them. Just looking for any art on google can get you.
Never seen any of the fanmade game stuff that ain't absurd. Not like i'm looking for any of them tho.

Mad Max yo!

Someone is forgetting something
image.php

Someone is forgetting something
image.php
Trigger warning
I don't even like Danganronpa
I just thought "Ultimate Lucky Gaf Member" seemed appropriate for now since I managed to win a copy of MGS5 with an 0.2% chance.
And I think Nagito is the most interesting character in DR2, I just don't think the game is as good as people made me think it was

Geez they really went in on those Rare 360 games in comparison to their N64 games in this episode. Which is pretty weird to me because all the games they've shown so far except for like Blast Corps and that one NES game with the boat, looks like the same boring game.

Visually though, Grabbed by the Ghoulies looks great.

I'm guessing by the lack of Rare Replay #4 link that people don't care about the LP?

Me too...

The episode started fine when they were playing Grabbed by the Ghoulies, but then went to Liam and mostly Matt just complaining when they played Kameo and PDZ. Can only imagine how bad its gonna get when they get to Nuts and Bolts, even with it most likely being in the same episode as Viva Pinata.

I only just started going through the Rare Replay episodes (finished part 1 a while ago), and hearing that they tear Rare's post-Nintendo games apart is not the least bit surprising, since it is mostly deserved by that point.

Mat-triX

The episode started fine when they were playing Grabbed by the Ghoulies, but then went to Liam and mostly Matt just complaining when they played Kameo and PDZ. Can only imagine how bad its gonna get when they get to Nuts and Bolts, even with it most likely being in the same episode as Viva Pinata.

I tapped out due to Matt crapping on almost all the Rare games that were outside the Nintendo partnership (Spectrum Beginnings, Microsoft Buyout). Plus, Liam's strength is either besting a game he already knows, or trolling the other members of SBF. When Liam is NOT doing either, he gets kind of dull. It's not a fun watch...

I tapped out due to Matt crapping on almost all the Rare games that were outside the Nintendo partnership (Spectrum Beginnings, Microsoft Buyout). Plus, Liam's strength is either besting a game he already knows, or trolling the other members of SBF. When Liam is NOT doing either, he gets kind of dull. It's not a fun watch...

He's not really doing any of those in the LiS LP, though its still great. Though I'm sure the game itself being great is helping to keep it really interesting, while the games here are, at the least, boring to watch making it hard to commentate over.

I actually think Liam's one minute per game idea would have been better since they really don't need to spend 20-30 minutes on some of these games.

Mat-triX

He's not really doing any of those in the LiS LP, though its still great. Though I'm sure the game itself being great is helping to keep it really interesting, while the games here are, at the least, boring to watch making it hard to commentate over.

I actually think Liam's one minute per game idea would have been better since they really don't need to spend 20-30 minutes on some of these games.

I think the LiS LP is entertaining from their reactions to game alone, and probably would have worked just as fine with any combination of the SBF. I still wish Woolie was involved with the LP just so he could have a Love/Hate relationship with Chloe.

Skrams

Best Friends Play Rare Replay (Part 4)

Website Link

Youtube Link

Rustlemania 2: SuperBrawl Saturday III - Zaibatsu Wrestling Federation In Your House - LIVE!

Website Link

Youtube Link

I'm guessing by the lack of Rare Replay #4 link that people don't care about the LP?

Me too...
It's mostly laziness of people around here. This is also what happens when Rustlemania takes up a spot every night and people only want Until Dawn forever.
I think it's mostly just Matt negativity and Liam giving his brief first impression of the games. If Liam played more of the games beforehand I think he could overpower the Matt negativity, but he didn't so oh well.

God, I really want to see what the Nuts and Bolts part will be like. That game doesn't have a quick start up at all. Combine that with Matt's unrelenting hatred of the game and it's going to be a painful time.

Nah, Liam's a great equalizer for the gang. He does well to keep spirits high and I appreciate that when all someone else wants to do is poop on everything. He gives things a fair shake and does well enough at keeping bias in check.

Bleh, that idea just doesn't work for a lot of these games. No one is going to look at their 1 minute look of Viva Pinata and come out any more knowledgeable or better because of it. I don't think Grabbed by the Ghoulies needing as much screen time as it got, but I understand that they played that long because they were curious about it.

I think the LiS LP is entertaining from their reactions to game alone, and probably would have worked just as fine with any combination of the SBF. I still wish Woolie was involved with the LP just so he could have a Love/Hate relationship with Chloe.
After Woolie's bottle story back near the Episode 2 launch, no thanks.

Bleh, that idea just doesn't work for a lot of these games. No one is going to look at their 1 minute look of Viva Pinata and come out any more knowledgeable or better because of it. I don't think Grabbed by the Ghoulies needing as much screen time as it got, but I understand that they played that long because they were curious about it.

Oh i was fine with Grabbed by the Ghoulies. It was Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero that went a bit long, but honestly at this point I'm just being too nitpicky and that's lame. I'm still enjoying the series even with my complete uninterest in non-Nintendo IP Rare games.

aly

Me too...

I don't know about anyone else, but yeah that's me. But that's mostly because I have like zero connection to Rare's games outside of Kameo and Viva Pinata. Also the episode is just ehhh.

Phatmac

SBF usual aren't that funny with scripted stuff. I do like the idea and effort for the latest rustlemania video. It just isn't that funny. They're at their best with improv videos.

Skrams

It'd be passable if it wasn't 50 minutes

Geez guys

Ups to Matt and whoever for all the effort put into making this.

Downs because I was hoping this episode would just be Ghost Problems but weird Zaibatsu shit.

Edit- Also wish Liam was a main commentator since he's the best actor and can bullshit the best.

Squishy3

it would've been better if matt did just a storyline in 2k14 and then they all just reacted to it as it played out

2k14 since 2k15's shit is shit

I...fucking have no idea what to think of this video.

Even weirder to see the complete difference in opinions so far between this thread and the one over on SA.

Skrams

The cringe has worn off and now I'm just kind of bored with it. I'm enjoying these hashtags though. It's neat that Matt and Woolie did off the cuff commenting, but watching these matches has always been some of the more boring parts for me. I'm not sure why I'm more bored with these matches than with VGCW matches.

it would've been better if matt did just a storyline in 2k14 and then they all just reacted to it as it played out

2k14 since 2k15's shit is shit
I was also hoping for this. Ghost Zaibatsu Problems
I...fucking have no idea what to think of this video.

Even weirder to see the complete difference in opinions so far between this thread and the one over on SA.

A small bunch of reddit people seem to like it as well, so yeah, I understand that feeling.

This video is god damn awful. Hearing Takahata101 say ""
I feel like I've gained a social link with you guys
" makes me wanna throw up.

What are SA opinions on the vid so far Arc?

Top Bottom