• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Numb

Good lord. I wake up not having seen the new vid and i find almost everybody shitting on it like nothing else before it.

This will be a good/cringy watch.
1425297853717.gif

Siegcram

Eh, it's cool, just runs a little long.

If anything I appreciate the amount of work that goes into a vid like that and compels me to watch something I don't give two shits about irl.

Eh, it's cool, just runs a little long.

If anything I appreciate the amount of work that goes into a vid like that and compels me to watch something I don't give two shits about irl.

i hope tomorrows vid is Zaibatsu vs Yo Videogames
you can not tease that in an intro and then not have it lead to something

Numb

Ok i'm done. I can see why people said it went on alittle long. My biggest fear was that it was actually them live in the flesh after seeing LIVE in the title. Thankfully not. If you went in thinking that this a an imtitaion of the weekly WWE show then theres no issue i got. It was shorter, moved much much faster,better and they managed to condense 2 months worth of WWE nonsense storyline highlights into a 50 min vid.
25 for me since i watch in 2x speed.
. Overall i liked it actually. Ofcourse i can see the issues people have with it.Only thing i thought it was missing was the WWE network ad and they had it at the end. Just missing the ''only 9.99 a month'' part.
8/10

The Rage of Africa cannot be stopped!

its fine
most of you are just cynical assholes

I think a lot of hardcore Super Best Friends fans would have liked it a lot more if it was scripted to be more about the actual Zaibatsu characters rather than Rage. Rage is a great cameo character and a terrible face to try and get over. Pushing him for SummerSlam was just not the right move.

Probably should have been about Uncenable Liam's quest to take the title from Punishment, with El Woolio and Cactus Pat as run-in characters and lots of cameos from guests. Baz and Rage should have just been assists or guest referees or something. Then again, I suppose it's true to the source material that the writers are trying super hard to push a character absolutely no one actually wants to see in the main event...

Numb

I think a lot of hardcore Super Best Friends fans would have liked it a lot more if it was scripted to be more about the actual Zaibatsu characters rather than Rage. Rage is a great cameo character and a terrible face to try and get over. Pushing him for SummerSlam was just not the right move.

Probably should have been about Uncenable Liam's quest to take the title from Punishment, with El Woolio and Cactus Pat as run-in characters and lots of cameos from guests. Baz and Rage should have just been assists or guest referees or something. Then again, I suppose it's true to the source material that the writers are trying super hard to push a character absolutely no one actually wants to see in the main event...

You are right. Except Matt and Woolie became underlings and Liam got gang fucked that one time. This is the era of Rage it seemed. I got no issue with that tho but i wouldn't mind if the story line focused more on the crew.

I finally got around watching Steven Universe. Finished the first season and am gonna catch up on the second season soon. Damn, this is some good western animation. Better than any anime I watched in a while. Hope we get more thoughtful cartoons thanks to this show.

The Best Friends did a really good job at convincing me to give this show a shot but man did Pat sell the Steven himself short. He's not really annoying and he doesn't really hinder the main crystal gems plot with his wacky antics.

I enjoyed the hell out of the video. I can see why some people might not get it but it was fucking great. Matt complaining about his spilled Mountain Dew had me dying. Feed me more Matt!

Caderfix

Rage is too boring, getting on Roman Reigns's level already. He's a bad character, with bad gimmick and design that receives all the opportunities because the guys who call the shots are out of touch with their fanbase and just keep pushing that one character regardless.

The Zaibatsu is basically WWE now.

The video was pretty awesome though, and I can't even imagine how much work was put into it. Good work guys!

Rage is too boring, getting on Roman Reigns's level already. He's a bad character, with bad gimmick and design that receives all the opportunities because the guys who call the shots are out of touch with their fanbase and just keep pushing that one character regardless.

The video was pretty awesome though, and I can't even imagine how much work was put into it. Good work guys!

Is this sarcasm? That's exactly the point of Rage's depiction in the video. I mean, he was always a Mary Sue create-a-character. Makes sense that he would be pushed hard in the ZWF. Best Friends clearly knew what they were doing.

Production values could have done more work but hey not everyone can be as good as VGCW.

Is this sarcasm? That's exactly the point of Rage's depiction in the video. I mean, he was always a Mary Sue create-a-character. Makes sense that he would be pushed hard in the ZWF. Best Friends clearly knew what they were doing.

Production values could have done more work but hey not everyone can be as good as VGCW.
Exactly. He's a black guy who gets really angry. The end.

And to be fair Rage was made when Woolie and his brother were simple children.

It is a typical power fantasy. They wanted to grow up and be big angry black people.

I'm rewatching the video now. I feel like I've gained a social link with you guys.

I enjoy Rage as a concept: A create-a-character with a OP as fuck origin story created by some Grenadian-Canadian kids who a decade or so later became a staple character in the lore of a video game LP group. What's not to love?

I enjoyed the hell out of the video. I can see why some people might not get it but it was fucking great. Matt complaining about his spilled Mountain Dew had me dying. Feed me more Matt!

That got a good laugh out of me too haha. Everyone turning on Baz at the end was great though and no matter how fucked the commentary gets, never forget to shill the network $$$

Caderfix

The part where I said they're out of touch with the fanbase and that they're basically WWE was just a joke.

Now, about Rage status within the Zaibatsu, I don't know, I think it started like that, but now they're just trying to make him the next Baz. It was fun in the beginning, now is just "Yeah... Ok, I got it, guys...". It might be just me though.

MrHoot

I didn't dislike or cringe, but eh, just felt bored. Plus yeah Rage doesn't super work on me even as a joke thing.

Push Until Dawn for Emily Winter Slam

Rage is basically what happens when you're Brock Lesnar but not super over.

I enjoy Rage as a concept: A create-a-character with a OP as fuck origin story created by some Grenadian-Canadian kids who a decade or so later became a staple character in the lore of a video game LP group. What's not to love?

Look at this Roman Reigns sympathizer.

MrHoot

Eagerly looking forward for the next part as that's when things start accelerating (I hope...with the 30 mins cuts and knowing the pace of the game).

Also nice to see them already having completely different interactions from my game. I love that they're doing the "roleplaying" thing. Great idea from Matt

Top Bottom