• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Neol

Yea accessibility and the general safeness of Pokemon made it reign supreme.

In my opinion though Pokemon always had the better games, including the card game, as well as having a more consistent anime.

Season 4 of Digimon is where I stopped and so did a lot of other people as well.

MrHoot

In my opinion though Pokemon always had the better games, including the card game, as well as having a more consistent anime.

Season 4 of Digimon is where I stopped and so did a lot of other people as well.

pokemon definitively has more charm over me (also nostalgia and popularity and accessibility plays a big role).

Latest game i played tho (X/Y) really put me off as I thought it was fairly poor on content (especially after black2/white2) and honestly at some point I really felt like i've seen it all before. And I think it was also pat who said in the digimon video but the number of pokemon has also become ludicrously big, while the actual content to contain them in a game has remained approximatively the same and the "gotta catch em all" mentality has disappeared over the years with now so many event pokemons and rare legendaries.

Which one was S4 again? Was it the one where the kids became digimon?

Cyber sleuth looks really cool and good.

But i wish it wasn't a digimon game.

I just cant get past the way they name Digimon, it's so bad and lazy.

That's what turned me off of it as a kid. All the names ending in "-mon" was so dumb

Shit on Pokemon all you want, 90% of them have good names atleast.

Nazo

Question- Which version of "Our War Games", did you guys watch? The Original or Fox's?

Cause despite hating the American localized version of the show, there's one thing I'll give it credit for is the cheesy 90s soundtrack in the movie lol

Which one was S4 again? Was it the one where the kids became digimon?

Digimon Frontier, the one and only season with "transforming heroes"

Question- Which version of "Our War Games", did you guys watch? The Original or Fox's?

Cause despite hating the American localized version of the show, there's one thing I'll give it credit for is the cheesy 90s soundtrack in the movie lol

I watched whichever one came bundled with that awful Angela Anaconda bit.

To bad, Season 5 was actually pretty good. Cast is older and it has mother fucking Bancho Leomon.
latest
Spoilers:
He dies.
Also the 'leader' character causes his digimon to evolve by punching other digimon in the face. I would not be surprised if he was loosely based off of Kamina as well.

Of course season 3 still the best... btw in the video, I think Pat had Terriermon confused with Patimon. I'm not sure, but it sounded like he expected his digimon to digivolve into angemon, which while probably possible in the game, that's not what happens in the show. Maybe I just misheard some stuff though, idk.

I keep meaning to bring this up to Pat in FFXIV and keep forgetting

Why would you want him to see that abomination? Pat's the kind of guy who if he sees that first he'll always associate it with Digimon and hate it forever. At least get him to watch Our War Game first!

That's what turned me off of it as a kid. All the names ending in "-mon" was so dumb

Shit on Pokemon all you want, 90% of them have good names atleast.

Only in the localization though, because the original Japanese names are the most basic, uninspired utilitarian or just downright weird/poorly thought out things you could name something.

I know, let's play a game. See if you can guess what these pokemon are called in the english show.

Casey
Abra
Ghos/Ghost
Ghastly/Gengar
(This one should be easy.)
Sand
Sandshrew
Blacky
Umbreon
Buby/Boober/Booburn
Magby/Magmar/Magmortar
VULGINA
Mandibuzz

Woof, been a while since I posted in BestGAF.

That EX3 video, tho. It made me mad salty that they couldn't fix their totally legit set-up to make Hokuto's hakama not go all futuristic.

That said, I've spent a lot of time playing EX2 on the PS1, Volcano Rosso 4evah.

Nazo

Finally got around to watching the Digimon video. Holy crap that game is waaaay better than I could have ever expected. I 'm definitely going to pick it up eventually. Its kind weird though, I haven't felt this excited about something Digimon related since I was like 8 years old. Feels good.

Meffer

pokemon definitively has more charm over me (also nostalgia and popularity and accessibility plays a big role).

Latest game i played tho (X/Y) really put me off as I thought it was fairly poor on content (especially after black2/white2) and honestly at some point I really felt like i've seen it all before. And I think it was also pat who said in the digimon video but the number of pokemon has also become ludicrously big, while the actual content to contain them in a game has remained approximatively the same and the "gotta catch em all" mentality has disappeared over the years with now so many event pokemons and rare legendaries.
Actually the quote "gotta catch em all" has been brought back. I think because it's easier now to actually obtain them all.

MrHoot

Actually the quote "gotta catch em all" has been brought back. I think because it's easier now to actually obtain them all.

Really ? Mind you I haven't played past X/Y so I missed the most recent iteration. But I found it tremendously difficult to actually obtain any kind of event pokemon, and a huge deal of legendaries. That and trading mega evolution stones even though it's not impossible, but it's also not encouraged

Doesn't help I also live in a country with no gamestop or pokemon/nintendo store so all these event stuff that are gamestop exclusive are a big no-no for me

... I just realized that inorder to make the grand wizard wakka compilation, I have to re watch all of the LP again for editing... I could be using my time for good like Drakenguard 1 combo videos ;_;. Oh well. Better work on part 1 for right now.

Same, I actually dislike playing SFIV but the tourneys were amazing and hype.

From Reddit:

"Basically, there's 73 (12 Premier, 48 Ranking, 8 Online, 4 Regional Final, 1 Capcup Final) events in total (including ones that are TBD), which means we are going to have some form of tournament whether it's a premier, ranking, online, regional final pretty much every weekend leading up to the Capcom Cup finals. Pretty sick!"

Starting with the Cannes Winter Clash in France on the 26th of this month.

TpEC0KR.gif

Glad they removed the chat from stream, completely unnecessary. Could also remove the "next up" until they actually need it(during a break or something), that's more wasted space and a distraction to boot.

Top Bottom