• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

They dont even need to push that hard

Just look at this stone cold mudda
fzKXHj8.gif
I can just see the thinly veiled racism just dripping off his face.

Skrams

The lack of game audio in this weeks FNF is really fucking with me just like last week. I wonder if that continues to next week as well. They usually record these in bunches so it's probably likely unless SFV somehow happens next friday.

Also Bleetzboll by Cranky.

Pat's limited vocabulary of PERSONA4SWORDARTONLINE when it comes to the Digimon Cyber Sleuth video is something. I'm glad Liam likes Summer Wars though. I see much more of a Summer Wars influence when it comes to colors. It's been a while since I watched Digimon, but the prevailing white is really a Digimon The Movie and Summer Wars thing as far as I know.

fuckkkk Digimon Cyber Sleuth looks so gooooood

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Someone needs to make a compilation of Wakka's racist tirades because I really want to hear that shit but I don't want to watch the entire LP.

MrHoot

So Liam's aura is so powerful that he made me buy cyber sleuth on vita despite the fact i should REALLY NOT be spending money on video games right now.

Damn he's good

EDIT: woops, accidentally bought the ps4 version because i'm garbage. Day is now ruined, gotta wait for a refund

Liam's Vita bias has almost reached the point at which I can't take his Vita opinions seriously anymore, it's like reading a review of a Nintendo game on a Nintendo fansite, I just can't trust it.

Still, it's great that he's so dedicated to helping out the Vita.

finished Cold Steel
jesus that cliffhanger is brutal
ohh well atleast i only have to wait a couple months to play 2
onto Digimon!
oh look a hype video right before i start
also is Suikoden any good?
i hear its similar to Trails

MrHoot

Liam's Vita bias has almost reached the point at which I can't take his Vita opinions seriously anymore, it's like reading a review of a Nintendo game on a Nintendo fansite, I just can't trust it.

Still, it's great that he's so dedicated to helping out the Vita.

Eh, I think he still acknowledges the flaws or how sony treats it. I think what he does is more for the estbalished fan base (like me) who wants more out of that little console and popularizing the more niche stuff than just going "Everybody buy a vita it's awesome". There's not a lot of advocates for it nowadays so at least i'm glad that one of them is him

Matsukaze

also is Suikoden any good?
The Suikoden series has some pretty good storylines and solid turn-based gameplay. I really dig the Suikoden world, because it's enormous and fairly well-detailed for its size. I started the series with V, though; that was a mistake, because despite its horrendous loading times, it was obviously a lot more polished than its predecessors.

The main problem a lot of people run into is that ally recruitment ranges anywhere from "easy as pie" to "easy to miss"; they practically beg for guides to be used, so if you're like me and you have to recruit EVERYONE, it's easy to give into temptation. Difficulty-wise, I'd say they're on the easier end of the JRPG spectrum.

The Suikoden series has some pretty good storylines and solid turn-based gameplay. I really dig the Suikoden world, because it's enormous and fairly well-detailed for its size. I started the series with V, though; that was a mistake, because despite its horrendous loading times, it was obviously a lot more polished than its predecessors.

The main problem a lot of people run into is that ally recruitment ranges anywhere from "easy as pie" to "easy to miss"; they practically beg for guides to be used, so if you're like me and you have to recruit EVERYONE, it's easy to give into temptation. Difficulty-wise, I'd say they're on the easier end of the JRPG spectrum.
added to the RPG backlog then

Nah, as much as I would like that, I think it's too late to take that crown from Pokemon.

But I would love if Digimon could reach the same levels of SMT/Persona.

MrHoot

Nah, as much as I would like that, I think it's too late to take that crown from Pokemon.

But I would love if Digimon could reach the same levels of SMT/Persona.

Shame too because cyber sleuth looks so damn cool, and puts gamefreak to shame in some department. But since they have a huge monopoly they won't really change much anytime soon

Best Friends Play Digimon Story - Cyber Sleuth

Finally. It's unfortunate that they've only gotten to the starting point but it was worth just listening to Pat getting wet all over the aesthetics of the game =D

This game has been receiving well above anyone's expectations, even Bandai Namco!
Wow this looks really cool actually. I was kinda ignoring it cause digimon games haven't ever been very good in my experience, but this one... I might just pick this one up.

Anung

Un Rama

Finally. It's unfortunate that they've only gotten to the starting point but it was worth just listening to Pat getting wet all over the aesthetics of the game =D

This game has been receiving well above anyone's expectations, even Bandai Namco!

It's so crazy that they are delivering the pokemon game we've pretty much all wanted for decades. I'm not a big fan of Digimon (haven't been since I was like 13) but fair play to them nailing this.

ORAS was good, though. All they need to fix is the game engine and adjust the difficulty curve.

And bring back Pokemon World Championships.
aside from NO FUCKING BATTLE FRONTIER!
they need to make a non mystery dungeon game that isnt just about beating the Elite Four
i want plot dammit

The title card is amazing with Pat as Nanimon. They should find digimon that represent Woolie and Matt and release it as a shirt. Matt could possibly be Andromon since it he has like a helmet skull and Woolie... reggae Palmon? (I only know Digimon from the anime so I don't know that many).

Dio

Banned
Thanks, Liam & Pat. I'm actually going to buy Cyber Sleuth now thanks to your vid. I brushed it off too because it's Digimon.

The title card is amazing with Pat as Nanimon. They should find digimon that represent Woolie and Matt and release it as a shirt. Matt could possibly be Andromon since it he has like a helmet skull and Woolie... reggae Palmon? (I only know Digimon from the anime so I don't know that many).
I dunno. I see matt more as like gargomon or somethin.

Dio

Banned
It's a shame that it takes these guys to sell a video game when others have been shilling it before that. -.-

Ah well, same end result.

I'm not into Digimon and I haven't really bothered with gameplay vids before now, but what I did want is a solid RPG that wasn't shitty Compile Heart stuff, Final Fantasy, or modern Tales. I obviously don't care about people shilling it that actually like Digimon, because that kind of opinion's already biased.

It's a shame that it takes these guys to sell a video game when others have been shilling it before that. -.-

Well my deal was I saw all y'all saying how great it was and I thought 'pfft, right. Good for a digimon game maybe.' Then their video got me thinkin maybe there's something to this game.

Actually seeing gameplay makes a huge difference from just people "dude it's so good you should buy it", the latter will AT BEST make someone check out some videos.

I'm not into Digimon and I haven't really bothered with gameplay vids before now, but what I did want is a solid RPG that wasn't shitty Compile Heart stuff, Final Fantasy, or modern Tales. I obviously don't care about people shilling it that actually like Digimon, because that kind of opinion's already biased.

Wouldn't Liam's be biased then?

Well my deal was I saw all y'all saying how great it was and I thought 'pfft, right. Good for a digimon game maybe.' Then their video got me thinkin maybe there's something to this game.

There's definitely something to it. The game has around 20 Chapters from what I hear, and I'm only at Chapter 7 with 30+ hours put in.

Dio

Banned
Wouldn't Liam's be biased then?
Pat's there and he doesn't give a flying shit about Digimon so I'm more inclined now that he wants to play it too. That being said, the fact that I like what I see of the game makes me wanna play it on top of that.

Edzi

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

Review - "Even Pat likes it!"

Hah, that's not necessarily praise though. I've noticed that Pat really likes overly grindy games (even stuff that resembles f2p mobile games) which may not really work for the vast majority of people.

I should probably watch the Digimon vid to get a better feel for what kind of game it is though.

Hah, that's not necessarily praise though. I've noticed that Pat really likes overly grindy games (even stuff that resembles f2p mobile games) which may not really work for the vast majority of people. I haven't watched the Digimon vid, but I'm hoping it's more of a traditional RPG.

Yeah, I'm interested in seeing how he responds once he gets into the nitty gritty evolution mechanics.

What they've covered barely scratched the surface of the game

Well now I've got to add Digimon Cyber Sleuth to my list of things to get when they're on sale.

I honestly should actually write down that list...

I've not seen anything about this game nor have I seen the Best Friend's video yet but this gif has single-handedly sold me on this game. Cuz that's some hype ass shit going on right there.

Omnimon/Omegamon is the absolute goddamn shit.

If anyone hasn't seen the War Games movie Liam was referencing on the podcast, I HIGHLY recommend it. Even knowing nothing of Digimon, it's just a good as anime movie.

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon_Adventure:_Our_War_Game!

joe2187

Banned
Cyber sleuth looks really cool and good.

But i wish it wasn't a digimon game.

I just cant get past the way they name Digimon, it's so bad and lazy.

Top Bottom