• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Skrams

Heh, i guess that one time when someone on the crew said that every LP will be completed was a lie. I shouldn't have taken their word for it since backing down is the default state of being for them.
I love how Pat knows how worthless their word is the most out of all of them,in comparison to when Woolie seems to take pride in things he doesn't possess.
I don't know if this is a joke or not. They finish every LP they start. Shit like Ironman and Nuzlocke aren't beholden to that rule. If Nuzlocke ended up with them dying then it would of ended there with no restart. If you expected them to restart an Ironman run everytime then I just don't know.

Matsukaze

The Nuzlocke run should have ended around Episode 15 or so, not with a team wipe but with Liam betraying Woolie and Matt and destroying their equipment set-up. The last thing we would have heard would be smashing noises, Woolie's and Matt's screams of terror, and Liam's malevolent cackle as he disappeared into the vents.

Man, I know Woolie, Pat, and Liam shat on the NBA 2K16 story mode not being hype/interesting, but the way it's done feels like a documentary that would done today.

That said, I'm not familiar with basketball's national signing day, so... do they really make the announcements in their houses, or is that just a Spike Lee thing? Because I've seen college football national signing days and they either took place at the school or some other football related place.

Well I'm gonna finish this podcast if it kills me, cause holy shit some of these garbled jokes are GREAT. Hopefully next year we'll get the Super Best Professional Cast (Now with actual sound!)

I don't expect them to get past episode 5 of xcom, its gonna suck when they get killed early, cause I could see a full LP being super fun for them :(

also woof 15 minutes for NBA, thats... not very long

Village

Sakura's a poorly-written character, but not because she's abusive. She's a kicked puppy; whenever Sasuke does something bad, including attempting to kill her twice, she just shrugs it off and keeps adoring him because reasons.

And oh God remembering this makes me feel like Woolie just possessed me and typed that out.
Not gonna go into the spoiled , later though

You remember that time garra actually killed, almost paralyzed rock lee and hes sand kage.and how orichimaru is now a friendly scientist

They are ninjas murder don't mean jack fuck less its personal apparently. And i get that on some level, ninjas job. Alliences and moral ideas change on a hat. Work , actual dealing of feelings problably super seperate and done by professionals. If not, you should considering your economy is run by hpw many child soilders you can produce.

And the kumate child soildwr death tournoments, and you start up, and you curious when kids wanna abandon your village

Naruto makes no fucking sense

RedBoot

As far as "finishing" the Xcom2 play through, I've always thought of Xcom like Civilization or a board game, reaching the fail state is still "finishing" a game. The good ending is just the optimal outcome.

Also, on today's RE Zero:
Pat missing one of his herbs after specifically designating Rebecca as the healing mule made me sad. Not as sad as bum rushing the leech zombie instead of throwing molotovs from a distance, though.

That said, I'm not familiar with basketball's national signing day, so... do they really make the announcements in their houses, or is that just a Spike Lee thing? Because I've seen college football national signing days and they either took place at the school or some other football related place.

Football signing days indeed have taken place at people's homes, and all sorts of other silly places. We're probably only a few years away from a big-name recruit staging their own version of Lebron's Decision.

Football signing days indeed have taken place at people's homes, and all sorts of other silly places. We're probably only a few years away from a big-name recruit staging their own version of Lebron's Decision.

Personally, I'm waiting for the point to come where recruiters hang out in hospital maternity wards shoving contracts into the non-grasping hands of especially large babies.

as ive recently started playing the XCOM games starting with Enemy Within, i can confirm that Pat is not using cover correctly, and hunker down+ overwatch is very helpful

Edzi

Every time these guys go to MagFest it makes me want to go, but then I remember I don't have a decent group to go with. :( It seems like a blast if you've got a group of like minded guys to hang with the whole time.

as ive recently started playing the XCOM games starting with Enemy Within, i can confirm that Pat is not using cover correctly, and hunker down+ overwatch is very helpful

Hunker down is for cowards and VIPs(who are cowards)... Although interestingly enough, my grenadier class Pat in my game got the ability to get an aim bonus after hunkering down, which would probably work really well as I built him as a tank(aka a coward) if I ever actually used it'd.

Side note, hunkering down is actually even more powerful in XCOM 2 since it also provides a huge dodge bonus.

Hunker down is for cowards and VIPs(who are cowards)... Although interestingly enough, my grenadier class Pat in my game got the ability to get an aim bonus after hunkering down, which would probably work really well as I built him as a tank(aka a coward) if I ever actually used it'd.

Side note, hunkering down is actually even more powerful in XCOM 2 since it also provides a huge dodge bonus.

i got the fishing Village a few minutes ago in Enemy Unknown
after dying multiple times i was like fuck it
maybe after i get some MECs

Every time these guys go to MagFest it makes me want to go, but then I remember I don't have a decent group to go with. :( It seems like a blast if you've got a group of like minded guys to hang with the whole time.
Hell, ID go by myself if I had the money/time. The fact that it takes place during the school year just really hurts it for me. And I'd have to take a plane

Also, on today's RE Zero:
Pat missing one of his herbs after specifically designating Rebecca as the healing mule made me sad. Not as sad as bum rushing the leech zombie instead of throwing molotovs from a distance, though.
I dunno if that's on Pat or the game's weird line of sight/item proximity issues. There's been times when he knew an item was there, but couldn't pick it up because of bullshit.
I dunno, the sheer amount of hate that the Decision got Lebron makes it very unlikely a high school kid would try that any time soon, especially since college football fans can be a bit crazy, like the guy who poisoned a rival team's super old tree.
Personally, I'm waiting for the point to come where recruiters hang out in hospital maternity wards shoving contracts into the non-grasping hands of especially large babies.
Oh god, I can totally see this happening if laws aren't put in place to stop it.

Village

While not that extreme its sort of what happens.

Every school and rec center I went to, no matter what level. Saw I was big as shit and went " you should play basketball" and for a while I did. But even on lower levels having a successful anything team works out money wise. Eventually in highschool I stopped, basketball wasn't fun It was about that time in my life i learned that art was the thing I really wanted to do with my life. Even then, apparently my mom got calls from school coaches trying to literally get me to play ball, because I said no.

From Woolies twitter

A somewhat improved version of podcast 133 has been uploaded to replace the existing file. Thanks to @EddyCwdry for the help.

Will check it out on the site, see if it's not just noise now.

Somewhat more listenable. Still some weird warbling effect on some people and some voices are just not picked up sometime, but it's an improvement

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
From Woolies twitter

Will check it out on the site, see if it's not just noise now.

Somewhat more listenable. Still some weird warbling effect on some people and some voices are just not picked up sometime, but it's an improvement
So now they're able to retroactively fix their podcast mistakes? Hmm.

Skrams

So now they're able to retroactively fix their podcast mistakes? Hmm.

Kind of?

"I threw the shit part of the podcast through a bunch of filters and managed to make it a fair bit clearer to listen to, it's gonna take ~1 hour to render out but i'll post it when it's done for anyone else wanting to attempt to listen.

Unfortunately a lot of the audio is just plain clipped out, but i've managed to brighten up the audio and do some noise reduction so it sounds closer to the old podcast setup rather than being recorded under a shitheap."

from the guy who fixed it on the reddit

Jamie OD

Rage's mouth and sideburns in the NBA LP remind me of Andre The Giant. Everyone else's mouths look like something out of Wallace and Gromit.

lost and got the canon end
starting over with USA as starter instead of Europe for XCOM base

USA! USA! USA! (... probably isn't a great starting location.)

I can't actually remember since I haven't played vanilla in so long, but it always struck me as particularly underwhelming in Long War.

Went ahead and watched Ep3 of xcom on vesseland wow,
pat ALMOST pulled that out, apart from a few things that was as good as you could ask for.

Fucking shoutout to Rage of South Africa for absolutely fucking carrying his team

pat ALMOST pulled that out, apart from a few things that was as good as you could ask for.

Fucking shoutout to Rage of South Africa for absolutely fucking carrying his team

speaking of Rage they need to re edit the next black guy into Rage

then watch as hes the only one to not die, unless Zubaz betrayed humanity

Matsukaze

I lost it when
that one civilian transformed into a monstrosity
. I felt sorry for Pat but I could not stop laughing. Then it got even better when he
missed from ten inches away

Here's hoping
Babatunde Rage
lasts longer than
Miss Canada Amy

Reminds me of this image that can potentially ruin Kill La Kill:
Z1QHAaV.jpg

Rutti

That was close! Never happened on my playthrough. Usually they prioritize your units over civs. Also Pat missed the other good GTS ability that lets you train your rookies to the class of your choice for free.

That was close! Never happened on my playthrough. Usually they prioritize your units over civs. Also Pat missed the other good GTS ability that lets you train your rookies to the class of your choice for free.

In my experience they always kill one civ per turn, but never more then that. It was weird that they shot two at the end. Maybe a Commander difficultly thing?

While it did appear he completely missed the training thing, with only 6 units it might not be worth using in the event he gets multiple fights in a short amount of time and ends up not having enough people to field a whole team(assuming multiple characters get injured/killed, but really he could end up with that problem anyways so, ehh...).

In my experience they always kill one civ per turn, but never more then that. It was weird that they shot two at the end. Maybe a Commander difficultly thing?

It's just a random quirk of that mode. There's always one pod that's just shooting civvies but it seems that they'll only kill one civvie per pod (as in, if there are three units, only one will shoot). If you uncover them, your group has a higher threat priority, but sometimes I've seen them shoot at a civvie instead for no reason.

joe2187

Banned
Watching the second and third season of X files because pat and matts rants on the podcast have intrigued me.

They need to pick a bunch of select episodes of X files and do a lets watch. It would be amazing.

Also, the man with the killer shadow is the most terrifying of all the X files killers.

joe2187

Banned
Unfortunately, the Naruto LP now makes me think of the dude from Naruto with the shadow powers.

It was a great episode and really terrifying. Also it was the first episode directed by Vince Giligan ( Director of Breaking Bad) The man with the killer shadow was played by Tony Shalloub. And the most terrifying aspect was that if his shadow touches you, you're instantly killed in less than a second, reduced to nothing more than scorch mark on the ground.

It was a great episode and really terrifying. Also it was the first episode directed by Vince Giligan ( Director of Breaking Bad) The man with the killer shadow was played by Tony Shalloub. And the most terrifying aspect was that if his shadow touches you, you're instantly killed in less than a second, reduced to nothing more than scorch mark on the ground.

It looks like they sink into his shadow, so the victims are aware of their end in the moments the fall in.

But yeah, it's particularly terrifying for the show. I'd put the Firewalker and Ice episodes up there in terms of awful ways to go from the early seasons. I'm a few episodes into season 3 myself

joe2187

Banned
It looks like they sink into his shadow, so the victims are aware of their end in the moments the fall in.

But yeah, it's particularly terrifying for the show. I'd put the Firewalker and Ice episodes up there in terms of awful ways to go from the early seasons. I'm a few episodes into season 3 myself

kt0rheg.gif

Man, it was so weird to hear Liam be the anti-gun jumper in the XCOM 2 LP. That said, Pat's shit play was almost good enough, until the game seemed to deliberately fuck him at the last moment.

Top Bottom