• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Skrams

The tier listing is now

Lupe Fiasco>Daigo>Woolie>GuardianE

God fucking dammit, GuardianE. You failed us. You were meant to bring us back into the light and now we're in another thousand years of darkness.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
charlie-brown-walk-o.gif

The tier listing is now

Lupe Fiasco>Daigo>Woolie>GuardianE

God fucking dammit, GuardianE. You failed us. You were meant to bring us back into the light and now we're in another thousand years of darkness.
Nah, I think we'll really know for sure once GuardianE challenges Woolie to a TrueStyle competition. If he fails that, we're double fucked.

next episode Timeskip where GuardienE goes to train in an isolated area of the World to become strong enough to get revenge/mamoru his nakamas

The big thing in eSports right now is Korean players using a sabbatical in Brazil as a hyperbolic time chamber. We could try sending him to Rio?

tsundoku

Lol a friend of mine went to one of the Best Friends live events when they were actually in California which is super rare for them to go so far. It was to meet Woolie and Matt at an arcade and play some games. Apparently when he was there him and Woolie sat next to each other at a SFU4 arcade cab setup but weren't able to play against each other for the whole time cause it was a big multiconnected cabinet setup with a bunch of other best friends fans just throwing in coins and mashing start to get the matches with Woolie.
(Another mutual friend he drove there with did get to fight Woolie at least twice)
Both of my California friends are huge street fighter fans because of the Best Friends so meeting Woolie and Matt was super cool for them but it sucked to not get to play against Woolie.

Hilariously now double relevant because he was FuzzyWuzzy on the stream and was so stoked when Woolie entered his room and he alt tabbed back into the game / silenced the stream. And then like 30 seconds later on Discord I hear him go "WHAT THE FUCK RYU?"
And then he ended up destroying Billy.
Everyone else who did good got to play against both of them or multiple rounds with Woolie.
Even Billy was arguing Woolie should play against FuzzyWuzzy because he beat 'the gatekeeper'

I guess my friend is destined to never play street fighter against Woolie lmao.

Edit: also i'm glad they discovered discord as its way easier to parse the twitchbatsu stuff on discord there and itll be way better for stream interaction (although i guess now they can just do sub mode on chat instead) but it also completely murdered the twitchbatsu stuff on the actual twitch pg, you can drop a message there and come back hours later and its still the last one.

But they should really watch out because Discord has been shitting the bed pretty hard w maintenance and downtime and their servers being down this last week or so. I'll just hope whoever's modding the channel/discord sees this post / knows what they're doing with regard to rotating Discord Servers if voice connection goes sour. And that they can switch back to Skype if Discord dies

Squishy3

We use Discord for FFXIV stuff and maintenance hasn't affected anything and I've not noticed any noticeable downtime during primetime hours or at all this past week

Squishy3

Hey, Billy here. Tell your friend I'm sorry I couldn't convince Woolie to fight him. But you gotta understand, after seeing the massacre your friend inflicted upon me, Woolie probably got scared and "accidentally" left.
Holy shit lol.

Legendary Billy graces us with his presence. What do you think of 3.2 so far?

I like it a lot and Midas completely blows Gordias out of the water.

Anung

Un Rama
Man this sucks. Stuck in England visiting my misses's folks so I won't be able to watch the DeS stream tomorrow. I hope I don't miss any shenanigans that require Mr. Snippy-snip.

Listening to the last podcast on the flight was borderline impossible. And that's version 2? The first one must have been horrendous. Real shame they fucked it as it sounds like a cracking one.

tsundoku

Hey, Billy here. Tell your friend I'm sorry I couldn't convince Woolie to fight him. But you gotta understand, after seeing the massacre your friend inflicted upon me, Woolie probably got scared and "accidentally" left.

;)

We use Discord for FFXIV stuff and maintenance hasn't affected anything and I've not noticed any noticeable downtime during primetime hours or at all this past week

Maybe they have some kind of priority system to make themselves look good to big users/future customers* right now then. I have about 6 servers with different combinations of 2-10 of the same group of people, and I'm constantly having to rotate my server locations between us west / us east / germany / london / etc when people start art t t t t robot v obot oicing bot bot bot t t t oicing oicing v v v voic voic art art t t t t start robot voicing in the middle of primetime / a sfv match

*when they get all that microtransaction stuff in that they're planning

Nice that you got a NeoGAF account! Will you only be in streams now? I really liked your acting? in the fighterpedia episodes.

Soushin

Neo Member
What do you think of 3.2 so far?

I like it a lot and Midas completely blows Gordias out of the water.

Overwheming with my busy work hours. I have to try to cap 450 lore, get all weekly loot of midas normal.. on TWO separate characters (my main DRG and my alt LNC). Then I gotta start learning, clearing, and farming sep EX ASAP so i can join a static for midas savage.

Also, as a Kamen Lalafell, fan of tokusatsu, the M4 (or A8 if you prefer) music is now my theme song.

Will you only be in streams now?

Yes, only in streams.

I really liked your acting? in the fighterpedia episodes.

Sorry, what is fighterpedophilia? Never heard of it.

Oh man the TNG episode where Worf eats it from a barrel is on today.
Oh yeah, that's the episode where they can
replace organs/bones/whatever with organic replacements
, but then they toss that tech into the space warehouse with all the other cool tech that could make the Federation super OP.

Squishy3

Overwheming with my busy work hours. I have to try to cap 450 lore, get all weekly loot of midas normal.. on TWO separate characters (my main DRG and my alt LNC). Then I gotta start learning, clearing, and farming sep EX ASAP so i can join a static for midas savage.

Also, as a Kamen Lalafell, fan of tokusatsu, the M4 (or A8 if you prefer) music is now my theme song.
It's so good. We were all giggling like madmen when we A8. The way it's synced to all the phases is great.

sjay1994

So, I am getting mixed messages. Is Pat actually bad at Xcom, or are people just joking because every mission besides the tutorial has been a failure.

Because as someone who hasn't touched the game, I constantly go "What the fuck is he even supposed to do?". Because spoilers for part 5
He is directly infront of a sectoid, literally touching it, and he only gets a 45% chance to hit with his assault rifle, and when he says fire, the soldier looks in the complete other direction and misses, while the advent are literally one shoting his guys from across the map with assault rifles

So as someone who hasn't played Xcom, this game looks unfairly stacked against him.

So as someone who hasn't played Xcom, this game looks unfairly stacked against him.

He's mediocre. He's playing nowhere near as good as he could be, but at what's probably a pretty decent level to clear through the game on Veteran.

The main problem is that failing the first VIP mission is basically a fail state. Not having that engineer cripples your early economy (that relies on clearing debris for extra supplies), cripples your early production (that relies on being able to get a Proving Ground and Advanced Warfare Center out ASAP), and if you somehow last long enough will continue to have vicious ripple-effects into the midgame. (You won't keep up with the Avatar ticker because you won't have enough Comms to reach Blacksite regions. You won't have enough Intel because you had to spend too much catching up on Engineers. You won't have enough levels on your troops because you didn't have an AWC up to reduce their wound recovery times to a reasonable period.)

Basically, if you're doing serious Ironman runs failing that VIP mission is grounds to restart the campaign on the spot. The fact that Pat's carrying on with it means he's probably doomed no matter what he does. The deck is stacked so high against him by this point that completely reasonable missions are going to feel borderline impossible.

That can be fun to watch, though.

Top Bottom