• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I have never seen the aliens (latest X-com spoilers)
intentionally kill more than one civilian a turn, especially when they have a good shot on the squad with a low health unit right there. I was dumbfounded that the game would deliberately do. Most additional civilian deaths I see happen are caused by AoE attacks or collapsing structures. Will they intentionally screw the player over like that on Commander if they feel that they have no chance of winning?

New Dark Souls 3 trailer... Don't get it twisted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzIZPYXnYCA

KrzD6p.gif

Here's hoping
Babatunde Rage
lasts longer than
Miss Canada Amy

Babatunde "The Rage of South Africa" Manana will surely lead us to victory

God damn every episode past #5 is going to be a goldmine, especially if they somehow stabilize... nah but it'll be a fun trainwreck to watch

Poor sound aside, podcast is nuts. My favorite stary so far Liam and the drunk girl

"I can't even beat this Pokemon. Can you beat him for me?"

"There's, uh, no battery in here."

joe2187

Banned
Now that they've ported the greatest Resident Evil game of all time (RE6) behind RECVX to PS4, along with RE5. When are we gonna get that RE6 LP?

Man, how was Pat actually supposed to win that last mission without getting his squad killed?

To be honest, it's a knock-on effect from having dead/injured soldiers in previous missions. You generally want to get to that mission with Squad Size 1, Battle Scanners (he had them researched but probably couldn't afford them), a few decent looted weapon accessories, and just generally better (higher level) troops. Grenadiers, in particular, tend to hard carry early retaliation missions.

He handled it well, for the circumstances. Those Advent on the last turn probably did what they did because their shot percentage on his troops were so poor due to the debuff, which means in turn they were probably taking 40-50% shots. If his luck had just held out a little longer he could have squeaked out a semi-miraculous win.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
On the Last RE0 video Matt and pat straight up said they want to do an RECVX LP somtime.

Im bringing out hope that this years shitstorm is all Resident Evil: LP'ing all night.

I'd be fine with CVX.

RE5 would be particularly interesting if they opted to have a two console two TV setup where they would play coop and record only one of their screens. It would encourage game relevant communication between the two players, and more active involvement. Desire the logistical annoyance, I think it'd make for a great LP.

I believe the only game where they've sort of done this was Guns of Icarus, and I think it was a success.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I'd be fine with CVX.

RE5 would be particularly interesting if they opted to have a two console two TV setup where they would play coop and record only one of their screens. It would encourage game relevant communication between the two players, and more active involvement. Desire the logistical annoyance, I think it'd make for a great LP.

I believe the only game where they've sort of done this was Guns of Icarus, and I think it was a success.
Why would they do that when the RE series has the best solution for splitscreen co-op by default?

As bad as this play through may be, it does make me want to play Xcom. Although I only have a 750ti in my system so I wonder about how well I'll be able to run it.

How good is Enemy Unknown? It's it worth going be with all the spoilers and gameplay improvments that we get from watching the 2nd?

As bad as this play through may be, it does make me want to play Xcom. Although I only have a 750ti in my system so I wonder about how well I'll be able to run it.

How good is Enemy Unknown? It's it worth going be with all the spoilers and gameplay improvments that we get from watching the 2nd?

I'd say EU is somewhat easier to manage than 2 has been. It's also a good preview for the game mechanics if you haven't ever played something like Xcom before.

currently playing XCOM Enemy Unknown on a laptop with an 860m
its an ASUS
so you should be fine

Get the version that bundles EU & EW (it tends to get sold cheap nowadays), and start playing EW on Normal, which is super easy. Play a few campaigns of that and grab XCOM 2 when its on sale.

That said, if you're on Windows 10, make sure you didn't get updated to Version 1511, which installs some .net stuff that breaks the launchers on all the Firaxis XCOM games.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The tiny offset screens are the whole point, I think.

I don't really necessarily need to see both screens here. I'm not saying one is necessarily better than the other, but I find that following one player's perspective could potentially make for a better viewing experience.

Capcom is porting a new Super Best Friends Play LP.

Good I prefer my RE6 with a bit more schadenfreude

BTW Pat puzzled in RE0 why there was so much handgun ammo in the last few rooms, they're really all you need to distract the final boss, so they're good if you're out of grenades/shells/mugnum rounds

joe2187

Banned
Good I prefer my RE6 with a bit more schadenfreude

BTW Pat puzzled in RE0 why there was so much handgun ammo in the last few rooms, they're really all you need to distract the final boss, so they're good if you're out of grenades/shells/mugnum rounds

Also werent they playing on easy?

RedBoot

Nah, normal.

Easy on RE0 is pretty hilarious. I did a quick run on it to unlock Wesker mode (since I played RE0 normally in the past). Proto Tyrant takes 4 magnum shots. I was downing Hunters with the handgun.

Made it easy to get the "Rebecca kills all the bosses" trophy, at least.

I now realize I phrased that incorrectly. My concern is having the horsepower to play Xcom 2. I'm sure my rig can handle Xcom Enemy Unknown since that one was on last gen consoles.
I think your CPU will probably be more of a factor, but the 750 Ti might chug a bunch at higher settings because of all the stuff that's going on in a map, since the game uses a lot of particle effects.

Easy on RE0 is pretty hilarious. I did a quick run on it to unlock Wesker mode (since I played RE0 normally in the past). Proto Tyrant takes 4 magnum shots. I was downing Hunters with the handgun.

Made it easy to get the "Rebecca kills all the bosses" trophy, at least.
Hard is povery simulator. Just need two combined herbs to make rent this month, but the IRS is threatening us to pay them 5. And those little Eliminators keep eating our acid rounds, worst yet they just keep ending up on the floor unused

I now realize I phrased that incorrectly. My concern is having the horsepower to play Xcom 2. I'm sure my rig can handle Xcom Enemy Unknown since that one was on last gen consoles.

It's going to shit the bed during level loading and the last mission. I can predict this with confidence given no other meaningful data, for reasons.

I'd recommend trying XCOM:EW first, though. There are no actual spoilers for it in this game, because this game is based on the Bad End where XCOM:EW never happened. The biggest gameplay improvements (procedural generation of maps, for example, or the new strategic layer) are things designed specifically for people coming from EW to appreciate; they're sort of neither here nor there if you've never played it.

Long War, in particular, is still a very good bridge into XCOM2.

It's going to shit the bed during level loading and the last mission. I can predict this with confidence given no other meaningful data, for reasons.

Don't play ironman just in case your save gets corrupted, because that seems to happen a fucking lot.

Actually another reason to play EW is to eat up the time while Firaxis gets their shit together.

Skrams

SFV stream live now

SBF also got that Twitch Partnership http://www.twitch.tv/superbestfriendsplay

All twitch partnership talk about it being hard to get and then this. Well, okay.

And I hope you get in der GuardianE.

He says Max hooked him up with Mike Ross and he was able to get him a partnership.

Is that actually what he said? Mike handing out twitch sub buttons like he handing out twitch turbos.

That's also the weirdest workaround to getting a sub button.

Top Bottom