• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

This fucking UNO outro gets me every time.

That and the mat getting mad hype over godzilla kill me every single time

outro game continues to be on-point

woof, I'm resisting watching episode 5 of XC2 on vessel, but man, can't wait for
the Rage of South Africa to 1-HP the rest of this mission

Marathoned RE0 and Naruto LPs. Such amazing LPs

I also forgot how much filler was in that Naruto game, like they even recreated the filler from the show in the game. Does that make it canon filler?

God I didn't notice this the first time watching it, but the timing of the SMS intro is perfect.

"The heroic man-beast, Blanka!"
*Woolie peeking around the door*

erik-spoelstra-miami-heat.jpg

"generic white coach" Eric Spoelstra

"Wait there's field goals in Basketball?"
Pat could you possibly get anymore white

FFX part 31 hurts my soul.

Matt buys grenades and when Rikku is on the front her neglects to use them. Looks for Poison Ward armor, but doesn't make any armor.

The next Seymour fight is going to stop the LP.

erik-spoelstra-miami-heat.jpg

"generic white coach" Eric Spoelstra

"Wait there's field goals in Basketball?"
Pat could you possibly get anymore white
Be fair, the game decided to not name him, and unless you actively watch NBA basketball all the time, you probably wouldn't be able to name him based on a badly modeled version of him.

I bet most people wouldn't be able to ID a badly modeled version of most college football/NFL coaches either.

Mawarup

Neo Member
FFX part 31 hurts my soul.

Matt buys grenades and when Rikku is on the front her neglects to use them. Looks for Poison Ward armor, but doesn't make any armor.

The next Seymour fight is going to stop the LP.

Ugh just got done watching part 32...I really hope they stop ignoring the rest of the party and level everyone up. Thinking about that Kimahri thing later.

I think the Naruto LP is probably one of their best LPs ever.

Chiaotzu just exploded, he didn't even get a power up out of it. He just fucking died and it did so little damage.

Mik317

Coaches in NBA 2k16 are modeled...its just that they only talk in sideline interviews...every other time it is generic white man.

sjay1994

I think the Naruto LP is probably one of their best LPs ever.

Chiaotzu just exploded, he didn't even get a power up out of it. He just fucking died and it did so little damage.

I thought it started strong, and then ultimately got bogged down by so much unnecessary content.

Just like actual Naruto.

I thought it started strong, and then ultimately got bogged down by so much unnecessary content.

Just like actual Naruto.

Like there was certainly a point in the middle there where nothing good was happening but now that they've all realized how pointless everything is, the conversations are amazing to listen to. Especially the last few which were in the same recording session with Pat actually dying.

This game is just a giant filler, it's actually disgusting how many pointless fetch quests there are.

Watching XCOM Part 5. Those fucking 45% shots. I can't stop laughing.

I haven't seen it yet, but all I can think of is how lucky he is crit fails aren't in the game. I still remember back in Fallout 2 where I had a follower with a sledge hammer attack a guy, and his sprite just turned completely around and cracked my PC over the head instead.

sjay1994

Like there was certainly a point in the middle there where nothing good was happening but now that they've all realized how pointless everything is, the conversations are amazing to listen to. Especially the last few which were in the same recording session with Pat actually dying.

This game is just a giant filler, it's actually disgusting how many pointless fetch quests there are.

Might as well treat it like a podcast then

I haven't seen it yet, but all I can think of is how lucky he is crit fails aren't in the game. I still remember back in Fallout 2 where I had a follower with a sledge hammer attack a guy, and his sprite just turned completely around and cracked my PC over the head instead.

The best/worst was NPCs with automatic weapons in Fallout 1/2. Every one of the fuckers thought they were auditioning for a role on Archer.

Randy42

I wish the XCOM LP would never end
best thing thats happened in awhile and just drives the point in further there need to be more pat/woolie/liam LPs

Be fair, the game decided to not name him, and unless you actively watch NBA basketball all the time, you probably wouldn't be able to name him based on a badly modeled version of him.

I bet most people wouldn't be able to ID a badly modeled version of most college football/NFL coaches either.

I was just kidding, even I was like "is that supposed to be Spoelstra?". I think it wasn't even him but a generic coach.

Actually, you can get those with higher level enemies further in the game. The Muton in particular can dodge/block sword attacks and then hit your Ranger with a melee attack of his own.

Yeah, I really regret making a melee centric ranger now. I might respec him and only keep a few melee skills like Bladestorm.

Actually on my rangers I use most of the skills on the sword side of the tree, other than the first (phantom is just too goddamn good for getting a clutch crit) and Rapid Fire. I've just started coming around to how useful Bladestorm is and positioning to abuse enemy movement paths. Shadow Step and Shadowstrike are a toss up but I've really grown on Shadow Step to kill enemy overwatch traps, Run and Gun is just too good to ignore, and Untouchable is waaay better than Deep Cover.

So is it basically confirmed that the LP of xcom 2 will end in disaster the first go around? pat is really trying to save it but the way he said it was that if he fucks up and loses the first couple of missions he will be put in a fail state and make it impossible to win.
its a fun LP to watch but didn't think they would go hardcore on a game that looks pretty damn difficult to begin with.

So is it basically confirmed that the LP of xcom 2 will end in disaster the first go around? pat is really trying to save it but the way he said it was that if he fucks up and loses the first couple of missions he will be put in a fail state and make it impossible to win.
its a fun LP to watch but didn't think they would go hardcore on a game that looks pretty damn difficult to begin with.
Yup, but Pat said they might do something on Veteran after the game gets patched a bit:
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/704084850568011776
your xcom 2 lp is the most entertaining thing I've seen in a long time. Please do a normal difficulty run after your demise
Maybe after a few patches but the poor performance and large scale bugs are a real downer.

Yup, but Pat said they might do something on Veteran after the game gets patched a bit:
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/704084850568011776

Saw this so does that mean they already had the moment of complete defeat and have yet to upload it? Oh will that be great to watch. but yeah cant wait for the retry of this LP when the game works abit better cause it does have very apparent problems. though a little part of me wants their retry to end in even a worse disaster.

Saw this so does that mean they already had the moment of complete defeat and have yet to upload it? Oh will that be great to watch. but yeah cant wait for the retry of this LP when the game works abit better cause it does have very apparent problems. though a little part of me wants their retry to end in even a worse disaster.
I bet a lot of the performance stuff is because Pat might not have messed with his BaseEngine.ini file to let UE3 run better or enabled DX11 support in XcomEngine.ini. The game runs better if you do that.

I was just kidding, even I was like "is that supposed to be Spoelstra?". I think it wasn't even him but a generic coach.

Fun Fact: Even when it's actually Spoelstra and not Generic White Coach, it's still Generic White Coach.

Actually on my rangers I use most of the skills on the sword side of the tree, other than the first (phantom is just too goddamn good for getting a clutch crit) and Rapid Fire. I've just started coming around to how useful Bladestorm is and positioning to abuse enemy movement paths. Shadow Step and Shadowstrike are a toss up but I've really grown on Shadow Step to kill enemy overwatch traps, Run and Gun is just too good to ignore, and Untouchable is waaay better than Deep Cover.

Untouchable is such a hard carry skill. Pop some skittering bitch of a Sectoid and then stand right in front of his Sectopod buddy like, "What are you gonna do about it, fuck-o?"

The only thing is that there's no real contest between Phantom and Blademaster. It's like the most lopsided perk choice in the game. To be honest, it's the only one where I'd accuse the game designers of making a false choice, though Untouchable vs. Deep Cover is pretty close to being one, too.

Untouchable is such a hard carry skill. Pop some skittering bitch of a Sectoid and then stand right in front of his Sectopod buddy like, "What are you gonna do about it, fuck-o?"

The only thing is that there's no real contest between Phantom and Blademaster. It's like the most lopsided perk choice in the game. To be honest, it's the only one where I'd accuse the game designers of making a false choice, though Untouchable vs. Deep Cover is pretty close to being one, too.
Dead Eye vs Lightning Hands is pretty close to a false choice too, since a free chance to injure/kill an alien is way more valuable than a single shot with a severe aim penalty.

Actually, you can get those with higher level enemies further in the game. The Muton in particular can dodge/block sword attacks and then hit your Ranger with a melee attack of his own.
That is not really a critical failure. Well, perhaps a critical failure in tactics. And in my experience that happened every time I was stupid enough to attack a muton with a sword(after the first time, I felt like an idiot everytime I forgot). They don't even get a chance to dodge, they just hit you and your guy does nothing... unless they have a status effect that stops that I think.

Other then mutons though, I found the blade master build worked just fine, other then the obvious problem of potentially putting your character in a very bad position(especially if they miss). Sadly, I never got a chance to use Reaper by the time I beat the game, and it looked so much fun in the videos I had watched...

I haven't been in these threads in about like maybe over a year, but I just wanna say the SbF have been on a role lately. All the new LP's are super fun and hilarious, the podcast sounds better than ever and the streams are amazing(which is my favorite edition because I have moved away from youtube and towards twitch). All the content right now is A+ just perfect.

Top Bottom