• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

oh god get ready folks
from the FFX part 33 vessel comments part 33 is gonna be an even bigger shitshow than last episode
spoilers
they finally die

Edzi

I blame pat for getting me interested in the ff14 crack, and now i can't stop

The music in that game is too strong

The music is by far the best part. Pat got me interested enough to try it, and I played for around 6 weeks (enough to exhaust the free trial and free month). I had a lot of fun for most of it, and the people in the free company were all great, but at around level 38 and beyond, the grind became too much to handle. I started seeing all the little MMO elements that were meant to sucker you into logging in daily and paying money, and I came to terms with the fact that games like this weren't for me.

joe2187

Banned
oh god get ready folks
from the FFX part 33 vessel comments part 33 is gonna be an even bigger shitshow than last episode
spoilers
they finally die

Vessel Spoiler.

They died to literally nothing. They were talking tons of trash about the enemy they were fighting and then get completely wiped out like chumps.

Anung

Un Rama
Hope we get a Resi 5 or 6 LP with these new versions coming out :D

Started watching Zero now after having a break from their main videos.

Village

The music is by far the best part. Pat got me interested enough to try it, and I played for around 6 weeks (enough to exhaust the free trial and free month). I had a lot of fun for most of it, and the people in the free company were all great, but at around level 38 and beyond, the grind became too much to handle. I started seeing all the little MMO elements that were meant to sucker you into logging in daily and paying money, and I came to terms with the fact that games like this weren't for me.

I'm a level 52 lancer and besides the the game and expansion, I don't think I've paid money. Oh, I bought a subsrciption,and some dye and that's it. I enjoy it a lot, the story is super jovial in a lot of ways and I love it. And they have 24 man raids, I have never experiences that before. Granted i've only played 1 other mmo, but that was some shit to behold.

Along with that, I love character creation, and the characters look great. I can be giant black dragon man. I could have been a giant shadow the hedgehog dragon man, but resisted the urge.

What is Illusive Man doing in the NBA? Is it some kind of money laundering scheme for the Cerberus?
Nah, that's his cousin, Generic Owner Man, who gives a little money to TIM on the side while ranting about wanting championships and talking about his missing friend.

Spike, I'm disappointed you backed down on the obvious "Freq sexually harassed by TEAM OWNER MAN" thread you had dangling for a second there.

Keep pushing ghost basketball, man. Antoine Fuqua gonna eat yo lunch.

Mawarup

Neo Member
Oh man I am so giddy right now! Just finished part 33 on FFX. Spoiler tags to hide my happiness.
What the hell I wish I never saw how they were leveling on the sphere grid. If someone wants to correct me, but why move Auron to Tidus's path when its far off better to continue with Aurons? Why give Lulu that power node?Why not give Kimahri Use and Steal? I guess none of that matters anyway since they are dead now and have to restart from the Evrae fight again. Why wasn't Liam or Pat apart of this?

podcast lol
Woolie no one gives a fuck about cricket

Matt doing the bit from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had me rolling. Woolie not backing down had me dying. Would have been better if he backed up from the mic so you can barely hear him as he kept going.

Oh and the Shogun Rises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YVyB1JVbhk

Edit: After listening to last weeks "fixed" podcast, it's such a bummer that a wrestling heavy podcast sounded like it did.

sjay1994

I kinda wish the NBA videos were longer, then again considering the fact they are splicing out maybe 25-40 minutes of uninteresting gameplay, its probably unlikely they will.

explodet

Nintendo Direct tomorrow!
With Matt on his Virtuous Mission to Florida and Liam still inside his rejuvenation chamber, think the other two are gonna do a Let's Watch?

Honestly I wouldn't blame them for skipping this one, it came out of nowhere.
Seriously where are the Mystery Boxes at?!
The concept ain't dead apparently, they've just got too many damn games to play and stream.

Neol

Yea feel like with the streams and the crapton of LP's there doing right now they don't really have interest in doing a mystery box.

Its fine considering that upcoming lineup of LP's looking prettyyy good.

kewlmyc

I feel that their XCom 2 LP is the funniest and most consistent LP they've done in years. It's fantastic just seeing everything go wrong and Woolie laughing it up the entire way. Between this, the Spike Lee LP, and the Naruto LP, this might be the best lineup they've had in a while.

FFX 32

Glad to see them struggling against Evrae. Makes me feel better about 3 of my 4 deaths so far being to that boss

EDIT: Aaaaaand they beat it first try. Fuck me.

Edzi

FFX 32

Glad to see them struggling against Evrae. Makes me feel better about 3 of my 4 deaths so far being to that boss

I'm not watching the LP, but I'm still curious to find out how they do against Yunalesca. That has to be one of the hardest bosses in the game.

Wow Spike Lee has truly gone insane, how did anyone let him get away with that story? It is pure garbage, why is there a 13 minute conversation with the team owner about some guy you don't give a fuck about at this point in the story? What the hell happened to MYPlayer?

Wow Spike Lee has truly gone insane, how did anyone let him get away with that story? It is pure garbage, why is there a 13 minute conversation with the team owner about some guy you don't give a fuck about at this point in the story? What the hell happened to MYPlayer?

next parts 10min and even worse

Last episode of Xcom on vessel they really screwed the pooch

They got some good hits in though, right?
They did not.

Pat and Liam have a really good grasp on where it all went wrong. They're not just nuclear; they're obviously getting a pretty firm grasp on the strategic layer of the game, so it'd be great to see them have another go of it. Maybe give Pat a little time to bootcamp on the tactical layer and then back in the fight, this time with a bunch of abominations created by Woolie in the character pool.

Christ, I could be looking at it wrong but it looks like the game totally fucked Pat on the move where he got spotted (27:15 or so). Though I'd imagine next turn their 2 soldiers would've been seen but fuuuuck they were so close, what a bummer

FFX 32

EDIT: Aaaaaand they beat it first try. Fuck me.

If there's one thing I remember playing FFX is whyyyyyyyyy is there no save point after that particularily tough boss when it's immediately followed by a multi-battle sequence
which they die and lose all their progress

Christ, I could be looking at it wrong but it looks like the game totally fucked Pat on the move where he got spotted (27:15 or so). Though I'd imagine next turn their 2 soldiers would've been seen but fuuuuck they were so close, what a bummer

The visual indicators for stealth are based on your soldier's ability to see the enemies and the tiles you want them to move to. If they move to a tile they couldn't see when the move started, or run into an enemy they couldn't see during the move, you won't get an indicator showing that's going to happen.

The main problem with it is that it's poorly explained. If you give players that type of UI indicator they're going to assume it's absolute (ie, 'if there's no revealed symbol I won't ever be revealed moving') , so you have to explicitly explain to them that's not the case.

Also, it'd be nice if there was some way to "mark" enemies so that if they wander very slightly out of sight you're still "aware" of them, or an "awareness" skill that Rangers can learn that gives them a sixth sense for moves that will reveal them. Might be something we'll see with majors mod, as people are pretty keen to decouple "Scout" from "Assault" in terms of classes (Ranger is kind of two-in-one).

rageofafricareacts7aydh.gif

rageofafricareacts2jdsd2.gif

Top Bottom