• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

rageofafricareacts2jdsd2.gif

RemoteSilentFrog.gif

The main problem with it is that it's poorly explained. If you give players that type of UI indicator they're going to assume it's absolute (ie, 'if there's no revealed symbol I won't ever be revealed moving') , so you have to explicitly explain to them that's not the case.

Yep, this has happened to me more than once because the rule isn't entirely clear. Also enemy line of sight is really weird--I can be seen moving into high cover in some cases but high cover obscures observation occasionally. I also think it's weird that you can be seen moving from position to position when you're high above enemies, like on a second floor building. Also something that's particularly annoying is when an enemy runs passed a Phantom ranger, the Ranger doesn't take his overwatch shot until after being revealed.

There are a lot of little problems with XCOM 2 outside of the major graphical ones, but modders are discovering how to make their own classes so maybe some things can be fixed on those layers as well.

JD_Lars

When's the last time they filmed a reaction video for a Nintendo Direct? Unless it's during something like E3 it feels like they'll skip most of them.

explodet

They did a Let's Watch for the last major direct in November (w/ the Cloud for Smash reveal), but skipped the Smash presentation in December and that 5 minute Pokemon one.

Also something that's particularly annoying is when an enemy runs passed a Phantom ranger, the Ranger doesn't take his overwatch shot until after being revealed.

The one that bothers me with that is multiple times I've had an enemy run literally right up to a concealed ranger, reveal him, and then immediately melee attack him. I guess the logic is that he was trying to take to cover where I had the Ranger hidden, but it really seems like he should be too surprised to get the jump on the Ranger.

There are a lot of little problems with XCOM 2 outside of the major graphical ones, but modders are discovering how to make their own classes so maybe some things can be fixed on those layers as well.

Thankfully, nothing as bad as the Floater shenanigans from XCOM:EW so far, at least that I've seen. I once had a Floater zoom into the roof of a UFO, then proceed (over ten turns) to shoot ten different units in and around the UFO, all at different positions and even elevations, none of which were able to see him to return fire.

The closest I've seen is probably a weird "peekaboo" bug where, due to some quirk of the way the models move around during their animations, a soldier who wasn't actually doing anything would constantly change his mind as to whether or not he could actually see an alien.

W: "Let me pull off some ninjutsu here."

P: "You mean a vagina?"

W: "That's the one, the ultimate genjutsu."

God this NBA shit is so hilariously bad.

Edit: P: "How could he chokeslam her if the glove doesn't fit!?" jesus my sides

Mik317

too bad this direct will be nothing....

seriously don't get your hopes up. Nintendo is in a holding pattern right now...

Neol

too bad this direct will be nothing....

seriously don't get your hopes up. Nintendo is in a holding pattern right now...

I'm pretty sure there's something there that many will be happy about.
I looked at the leaks and I'm pretty goddamn excited.

I expect 90% of the stream to be audio troubleshooting.

Yea hopefully they get a good balance with the direct audio and there voices.

Seeing Liam die on stream when Paper Mario came on made it all worthwhile.

Also, can someone explain that fucking Uno amine? Is this a joke I missed?

Skrams

I'll be watching the archive later, but Rhythm Heaven made it all worth it.

I need Liam dying to Paper Mario and the always fresh Federation Force long sigh/arguing.

MrHoot

The new kirby game looks really legit. Sadly that was the only thing that kept my attention. Oh and monster hunter a bit I guess. But my constant need for monster hunter to not be on a platform i wish it was always dampens my enjoyment.

Liam dying live on air was hilarious tho. That paper mario thing is a mess

Top Bottom