• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Edzi

The new kirby game looks really legit. Sadly that was the only thing that kept my attention. Oh and monster hunter a bit I guess. But my constant need for monster hunter to not be on a platform i wish it was always dampens my enjoyment.

Liam dying live on air was hilarious tho. That paper mario thing is a mess

Kirby was the only thing that seemed interesting, though Star Fox looked pretty decent too. No mention of Zelda U pretty much confirms for me that it's going to NX now.

I like Federation Force. :(

I don't, but I'm not a huge Metroid fan or anything, so take it for what you will. I just think in and of itself it looks like a fairly uninteresting DS game that someone made in 2007 and think they can sneakily re-release because no one bought it the first time.

I like Federation Force. :(

I also kind of like it. I have some friends I can play it with, and I like the idea of Metroid expanding past Samus Aran.

I always thought that other bounty hunters in Metroid Prime 3 were pretty cool, and even the other bounty hunters in the Metroid: Hunters.

After watching the MAgfest panel, I want more people to hassle Woolie and Matt more about Fighterpedia. It was the first of their series that I got into and I super enjoyed it. Its like a more theatrical " Did you know Gaming."

Wow y'all weren't kidding woolie got mad hyped for that kirby game, love it.

UNO continues to be the best part of the outro, followed closely by matt freaking out at godzilla

Happy Birthday Woolie

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/48vw6i/happy_birthday_woolie_woolz_madden/

TkhSIsl.jpg

Did they talk about the Lupe V. Daigo match at any point recently? I remember them anticipating it and then they never spoke about the actual match.

convo

I only heard parts of frostys' stream but i could tell Pat understood the bottom of the barrel he found himself in. I haven't heard the part where they are salty and dumping ass, but i think it's a good thing getting it out of their system now.
Now that Dark Souls 3 is not afraid of calling itself a direct sequel as opposed to half-assing it like in DS2, these emotional guys need a place to shit their pants in and get into DS3 with most of their salt already expelled at each other.

Laputa_94

I only heard parts of frostys' stream but i could tell Pat understood the bottom of the barrel he found himself in. I haven't heard the part where they are salty and dumping ass, but i think it's a good thing getting it out of their system now.
Now that Dark Souls 3 is not afraid of calling itself a direct sequel as opposed to half-assing it like in DS2, these emotional guys need a place to shit their pants in and get into DS3 with most of their salt already expelled at each other.

I never really considered these guys the bottom of the barrel. I've actually been watching some of these guys a lot more than the best friends who I haven't watch next too anything of in the past few months. I agree with a fair share of their complaints honestly.

I'm in the last hour now when their having an in depth about Dark Souls 3 and upgrade paths. its pretty entertaining.

Oberon

Banned

It's sad when your personality can be summed up in one image.

The audio is available on two streams. Heres Frostys who was playing bloodborne.

http://www.twitch.tv/rbfrosty/v/51962389

And heres Plauges who was playing Dark Souls 1 (warning part 1 has audio problems for the most part)

Part 1
Part 2

Thanks.
It's weird that that video didn't show up my YouTube sub feed.

Skrams

It's sad when your personality can be summed up in one image.
It's sadder that a few jokes in the original plus the hiimdaisy comic lead to her being stereotyped into fsteakfsteakfsteak. Shit even infected Golden because fuck.
Did they talk about the Lupe V. Daigo match at any point recently? I remember them anticipating it and then they never spoke about the actual match.
I feel like they did. I know they were joking around about it being staged I think.
Uh, is the salt about DS2 or DS3 or what? A bunch of Souls jerking off/salt in one place makes me eh, but if it's relatively calmer than that then I'd like to give it a watch.

Laputa_94

Uh, is the salt about DS2 or DS3 or what? A bunch of Souls jerking off/salt in one place makes me eh, but if it's relatively calmer than that then I'd like to give it a watch.

Kinda a mix of DS2 and Bloodborne, but mind you one of them plays DS2 pvp and frosty was playing Bloodborne so its not like they only play DS1 or Des. The main thing with the video is since there is like 5 people in the call its kinda just random nonsense. They are a lot more chill when there is less of them hanging out. I personally enjoy all of the guys there. (haven't watched much of frostys stuff so I dont have a opinion about him). It does get more laid back of a conversation after pat leaves.

Skrams

Naruto is making me want to die, but also I don't remember anything about the lead up to the Valley of Death. Hell, I'm having trouble remembering anything that well from anything in Naruto when I really think about it. It's making me want to rewatch those bits, but I probably shouldn't do that. Maybe. I don't know.

Kinda a mix of DS2 and Bloodborne, but mind you one of them plays DS2 pvp and frosty was playing Bloodborne so its not like they only play DS1 or Des. The main thing with the video is since there is like 5 people in the call its kinda just random nonsense. They are a lot more chill when there is less of them hanging out. I personally enjoy all of the guys there. (haven't watched much of frostys stuff so I dont have a opinion about him). It does get more laid back of a conversation after pat leaves.
I'll have to give it a watch later then. I don't watch much of anyone in that group besides the best friends. Not even really plague since I just don't gel with his personality much from what I tried a while back. I just get kind of afraid when the best friends get deeper into the other subcultures like the Souls fanbase. I usually fall with the Liam side or Woolie so far side where I play the games "casually," and then move on usually after finishing them. It's mostly just me being a shitty person kind of since I love the games, but the overabundance of talk around them turns me off ever glancing at the fanbase or people like GermanSpy, Plague, and all that.
Watched XCOM Part 7. That was everything I wanted it to be... but I need more!
It was pretty good. I kind of want to play Enemy Unknown now due to all the hype with the playthrough. I've had a PC copy and 360 copy since close to launch of the game, but just never tackled it.

Really excited to see if they tackle this game months from now and how they retackle it.

Naruto is making me want to die, but also I don't remember anything about the lead up to the Valley of Death. Hell, I'm having trouble remembering anything that well from anything in Naruto when I really think about it. It's making me want to rewatch those bits, but I probably shouldn't do that. Maybe. I don't know.
I remember almost nothing pre SHIPPUDEN. Chunin exams and Battle royal forest are all I remember. And the Zabuza fight just from Ninjabridge.

SHIPPUDEN is where it's at though

Wow, I never expected a Best Friends video to illicit an emotional response from me, but the end of that Magfest video did it. Bravo, shitlords

But Woolie getting his people atomic Gameboy back though?
That didn't hit me as hard, for some reason. Maybe because I never had anything stolen from me as a kid so I can't relate to the feeling of getting it back

Plus I'm a sucker for picture slide shows set to sappy music

Meffer

Wow that new episode of Naruto LP. This game is so bad, but seeing them deflate knowing that it's reflecting the show's terribleness is great.
I actually guffawed when the rhythm section for the three golems popped up.

Skrams

Wait that was actually his? I thought a fan had just sent one in.

It wasn't the exact one, but the sentiment of replacing it years later was still pulling at my heart strings.
That didn't hit me as hard, for some reason. Maybe because I never had anything stolen from me as a kid so I can't relate to the feeling of getting it back

Plus I'm a sucker for picture slide shows set to sappy music

Understandable, I guess. If someone gave me the Space set of legos I had stolen from my locker during elementary then I might tear up a bit. Woolie and Liam getting back gameboys, blankets, and legos made me fucking awwwwwwwww out of my mind at the time.

Caught up on Demon's Stream 3 and 4. Woolie needs to remember parry is a thing, but now he isn't using a small shield it doesn't matter.

And oh man the salt during the Armor Spider fight.

Xux

Caught up on Demon's Stream 3 and 4. Woolie needs to remember parry is a thing, but now he isn't using a small shield it doesn't matter.

And oh man the salt during the Armor Spider fight.
When's our Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog Let's Watch?

Meh. The game is not really meant for stealth. The fact that he survived as long as he did after alerting them is kind of amazing.

Its almost as if the game just decided to save all of Advent's misses for this mission, I should go back and count how many shots missed that ONE soldier o_O

WOOF... Gurren Lagann, PRETTY GOOD... Oh look its sunday I should go to bed

Pat, for future playthroughs (re: stealth in XCOM):

If you do a "dash" (ie, if you move beyond the blue line on your first action), the "noise" it creates will always attract the aliens. Their "random" wandering won't be; they will zero in on you like a horde of hungry Chie following the scent of fsteak.

Next time you want to stealth, instead do two "half" moves rather than dashes. That is: move to the blue line, then move again. Yes, I know this is super unintuitive and the game never tells you about it, period.

Top Bottom