• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Squishy3

Best Buy is seemingly going to have Until Dawn for $40 starting September 6th, for those waiting to buy it to watch the LP.

MrHoot

Ahhhh MGS5 is almost here :DDDDD

Wonder if they're gonna talk on the podcast about that MP base thing with microtransactions that Konami is charging the house for.

After the PAX Botch Rumble (which was still great), I'm excited to see more Royal Rumbles.

Pat def noticed it but i'm guessing it's too late for this week's podcast even tho it's coming a bit later (they probably already recorded it). But yeah I find it super gross myself

Pat def noticed it but i'm guessing it's too late for this week's podcast even tho it's coming a bit later (they probably already recorded it). But yeah I find it super gross myself

Seems like FOB's only purpose as far as I can tell is to speed up development time and according to some people who are playing it the development times on things in the mother base in mid-late game don't feel too long and can be done after doing a couple of side missions, so at least that's fine.

Definitely agree that its super gross, but I'm gonna be spending so much time playing the game when I'm not in class or work that it doesn't really matter much to me. If it was impossible without paying money, many reviewers wouldn't have been able to even finish the game anyway since the FOB servers haven't gone up yet. And I'm also getting bored of complaining about Konami shenanigans.

MrHoot

Seems like FOB's only purpose as far as I can tell is to speed up development time and according to some people who are playing it the development times on things in the mother base in mid-late game don't feel too long and can be done after doing a couple of side missions, so at least that's fine.

Definitely agree that its super gross, but I'm gonna be spending so much time playing the game when I'm not in class or work that it doesn't really matter much to me. If it was impossible without paying money, many reviewers wouldn't have been able to even finish the game anyway since the FOB servers haven't gone up yet. And I'm also getting bored of complaining about Konami shenanigans.

On a gameplay level, yeah it does not affect the main single player game that much, if barely.

For me it's really on an ethical/consumer standpoint. I probably won't play the MP that much but I know people who will (or the big completionists) and that's still like an entire chunk of the game that is almost effectively behind a paywall (not technically, but the grind is so ridiculous, like peacewalker level, for FOBs it might as well be) and the prices are so jacked up, you'd have to pay twice the price to get a decent experience.

For me, it is a form of robbery.

Might be a rut to complain about Konami but what can I say when they fuck up this much so often

Numb

Well that was awesome. Was in Sonic mode.
Really glad they didn't go over the top with many guests or something with a high production but just a simple Royal Rumble.
So many reversals. Cranky putting in the work.

Goddamn, I love that Matt went out of his way to put Bless in the Rumble just to beat the shit out of him.

Also, I'm still amazed that they were able to make CAW Max and Takahata look so much like actual Max and Takahata.

Fuck, this Royal Rumble is the perfect way to send off this year's Rustlemania. Big ups to Matt for all the work he went to putting this all together.

Anung

Un Rama
I hope Pat has some free time on his hands because I've put 30 hours into MGSV and it feels like I've barely done anything. Definitely got that Witcher 3 feel of it being a job trying to get through it.

man Tiger Millionaire outlasted Rage
what they didnt show you is time stopped and The Crystal Gems beat the shit out of Rage the instant he touched Steven

Goddamn Until Dawn is gorgeous. Weird faces some times, but still wow.

Creepy red moon out tonight. All the college butts on my street are having a Vortex Club party, and I'm sipping a Blue Moon staring at GAF posts. Life is great.

And I actually got some hot dogs in the fridge, hmm...

Skrams

Yeah, podcast is wednesday since Pat and Liam's flights were delayed 12 hours or something.

Maybe we'll get some MGS5 talk because of it too. I got my copy yesterday, but only checked my mailbox this morning so that's a bummer. I was sleeping all day and too tired to play it, but wish I checked sooner.

Zach in that intro is too cute

It's literally perfect. The way his little horns bob and then the meow is perfecttttt.

Really enjoyed this sendoff for Rustlemania. Royal Rumble is a great way to do it considering how fast the knock outs and run ins are. A great final few contestants too.

Neol

Its weird but I actually don't mind the podcast being late. A good amount of video game news happens on tuesday too so its nice they'll be able to touch upon that for this week.

it's was delayed, it will be out Wednesday i believe
114.gif

Guess they were busy with Metal Gear?

Anung

Un Rama
Its weird but I actually don't mind the podcast being late. A good amount of video game news happens on tuesday too so its nice they'll be able to touch upon that for this week.

For real. Got waaaaay too much shit to do/play atm.

Kind of hope they just pump out Star Fox and Until Dawn only, until Star Fox finishes. That LP has been moving too slow with how segmented the new episodes are considering how fast Liam is blowing through it.

mrmyhthef

Honestly kind of relieved Rustlemania is over now. I think I've had my fill of wrestling and screaming hype Matt for a while, and I've only watched maybe a third of the videos released.

Laputa_94

Honestly kind of relieved Rustlemania is over now. I think I've had my fill of wrestling and screaming hype Matt for a while, and I've only watched maybe a third of the videos released.

I agree with you for the most part, though I did watch most of the videos. It just didn't have any Kurt Angle suspended in the frozen time above the ladder. As well they really were running low on games.

Top Bottom