• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Thank god rustlemania is over. Now I can get two episodes I'm interested in watching.

Did we already take bets on how many people will die in the Until Dawn play through?

Those last 2 episodes of Rustlemania made up for the rest of the mediocrity.

When they start MGS5, I will be without 1/3 of content to watch. Until Dawn fills in that gap nicely.

Best Friends Play Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls (PART 01)

OH FUCK NO. THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT.

I want to play this game. I never expected them to LP it either. Now I might go days without watching videos because MGS5 and this...

I mean, not a big issue at all, but Danganronpa is the fucking worst for getting spoiled on. Typing stuff in is just a spoiler for this series.
If I wasn't a poor ass student ;-;

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

lousivillelando-gif.gif

Liam you've done it again.

I know the story for Danganronpa 1(THANKS CRAPPY ANIME), but I still need to get on 2. I really wished both were on the PSP so I could play it. :(((. I'll get a Vita someday.

just like Bloodborne i wont be playing this series for awhile, June earliest so ill just forget everything i watch by then
yay selective memory(maybe watch that anime in the meantime too)

I know the story for Danganronpa 1(THANKS CRAPPY ANIME), but I still need to get on 2. I really wished both were on the PSP so I could play it. :(((. I'll get a Vita someday.

I guess just a general heads up, but Danganronpa Despair Girls is spoilers for 2. It may be set inbetween but it does actively spoil the 2nd game.

Both games are on PSP and 1 has a fan translation. Not sure if 2 has one. Get a vita tho.

They cancelled the fantrans when DR2 got announced for the west.

If you haven't played Danganronpa 1 and 2 then

1) Do that

2) don't watch this.
I'll just stick to step 2 in the mean time.

Not because of spoilers (I already don't give a shit about those in general), just not interested in Danganronpa at the moment. Other priorities

Also because I'm working full time again, it's actually kind of relieving to see the thread moving at a reasonable pace while I'm away for 9 hours or so. Much easier to keep track of things. Never thought I'd say this.

Skrams

I don't mean to sound like I'm shitting on the LP or anything, but oh boy, a select few people are going to be able to watch and enjoy this LP. I still need to play the games myself even though I own both, but they're just not on the top of my list right now. I might play them soon though as Ghost Trick has rekindled some of my want for some Visual Novel puzzle detective stuff. MGS5 seems like it might take quite a bit of my time away though. Although I might get to them in the next month possibly since all I have coming up is Mario Maker and replaying P4D's English release. I'd still play Ultra Despair Girls before watching the LP, but this is certainly an out of nowhere idea for an LP. I guess they were offered a review code or something a while back and that might of been why Woolie started playing through the games recently. I also have no idea who's even in the LP, so fuck if I know anything.

Also because I'm working full time again, it's actually kind of relieving to see the thread moving at a reasonable pace while I'm away for 9 hours or so. Much easier to keep track of things. Never thought I'd say this.

It's always nice to be away for a day, come back, and only have 30+ posts to read instead of 300+.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I don't mean to sound like I'm shitting on the LP or anything, but oh boy, a select few people are going to be able to watch and enjoy this LP. I still need to play the games myself even though I own both, but they're just not on the top of my list right now. I might play them soon though as Ghost Trick has rekindled some of my want for some Visual Novel puzzle detective stuff. MGS5 seems like it might take quite a bit of my time away though. Although I might get to them in the next month possibly since all I have coming up is Mario Maker and replaying P4D's English release. I'd still play Ultra Despair Girls before watching the LP, but this is certainly an out of nowhere idea for an LP. I guess they were offered a review code or something a while back and that might of been why Woolie started playing through the games recently. I also have no idea who's even in the LP, so fuck if I know anything.

It's always nice to be away for a day, come back, and only have 30+ posts to read instead of 300+.
you mean 300pages?

Well, I wasn't planning on ever playing the Dagonronpa games (I barely tolerate anime set in high school, so Japanese games revolving around high school are automatically not getting my money), but man, hearing that one of the games pulled of what Hellsing did with a dead body pretty much guaranteed that I'm never playing them.

That said, I kind of wish that A) the game was totally done in the 3D graphics aside from the character cut-ins, and B) someone had been smart enough to subtitle the anime cutscenes. The use of anime cutscenes just feels super pointless when they have some pretty good looking CG, unless it was a budget saving measure.

Edit: PAXcast is up:
superbestfriendsplay.com/?p=10192

So hype about that Hot Dog man win in the Rumble. Besides a few LP's that I decided to skip, I'm all caught up finally.

Although the new LP pairing might make me stay away like some others. Until Dawn will be my crack for awhile though.

So hype about that Hot Dog man win in the Rumble. Besides a few LP's that I decided to skip, I'm all caught up finally.

Although the new LP pairing might make me stay away like some others. Until Dawn will be my crack for awhile though.

or you could give in and just buy the games
their only like 29$ each on amazon
ill be picking up 2 tomorrow hopefully
and playing the fan translation starting tonight
im weak and murder mysteries are my Jam
its why i loved P4 so much

A little late, but that second jump scare on the latest Until Dawn part was really strange and poorly conveyed if Mike even reacted to it or not. Unless it was like something only the "player" is supposed to see as like a warning or something idk, just seemed pointless.

A little late, but that second jump scare on the latest Until Dawn part was really strange and poorly conveyed if Mike even reacted to it or not. Unless it was like something only the "player" is supposed to see as like a warning or something idk, just seemed pointless.
It also doesn't help that it was repeating a previous scare from the last episode, so it felt both cheap and not really clever.

It's funny how I'm continuously anxious for more Until Dawn just to see how much Matt fucks things up and gets people killed, but the jump scares always give me some trepidation before each episode because that shit gets me way too agitated and annoyed than it does actually "scared".

aly

Pretty sure it was player only, but kinda cut strangely. Like mike turned away before it happened

There was a true Liam X Pat OTP moment in the podcast
dat bandaid

Holy hell. That Barkley 2 PAX booth stuff. There is a reason why Barkley 2 will be special.

And finally, their ad promos are back on point <3

dat bandaid

Holy hell. That Barkley 2 PAX booth stuff. There is a reason why Barkley 2 will be special.

yea i was like WTH are they talking about lol
then the character creator reveal

aly

dat bandaid

I need a pic drawn of that Pat Liam moment. Not finished with the podcast, but I approve of all the street fighter talk.

Skrams

Preview Video for Podcast

A lot of things happened on the podcast this week according to this preview video.
you mean 300pages?
Yes 300 threads.
I wonder how much of Danganronpa they've recorded so far, what with the patch to add JP voices and subtitles being released.
Dunno, but specific line from facebook post

"Oh and also, since we had the game early, we don't have the Japanese voice pack DLC. Don't worry, we'll have that on in the videos recorded after today. ;D"
I'm surprised Matt thought there would be a S5 of Korra. The last text on screen literally translates to The End.
I'll need to listen to the podcast to get the context, but if he really thought, oh S4 finished, on to S5, oh wait what? then ohhhh boy. It seemed pretty definitive as an end to me at least.

Alfebit

Banned
Wasn't there supposed to be a movie? Probably got canned after the way Nick handled the show.

There was apparently some rumors but they were crushed when the 2 co-creators split to work on different projects.

Haven't got to that yet, but just reading this makes me angry. Ugh Korra.

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ I enjoyed Korra and I'm glad Matt did too.

I'll need to listen to the podcast to get the context, but if he really thought, oh S4 finished, on to S5, oh wait what? then ohhhh boy. It seemed pretty definitive as an end to me at least.

He seemed honestly surprised that the only continuation was going to be in comic book form.

There was apparently some rumors but they were crushed when the 2 co-creators split to work on different projects.

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ I enjoyed Korra and I'm glad Matt did too.

He seemed honestly surprised that the only continuation was going to be in comic book form.

just read a lesbian doujin of Korra if you want a season 5
we all know there off fucking in the spirit world while Iroh watches in the bushes
edit: yooo DR has references to Jojo
I AM SO IN

Numb

Was not excited for the danganronpa LP till Woolie said he was all about that for a minute.
Good to see Pat is excited about UD as much as us.

Hello, I'm not sure if you guys have spoiled anything(I skipped several posts on purpose to avoid them) but can you guys put Korra discussion in spoiler text? I'm still in the middle of watching that and I'd like to still be able to read the thread. Thanks!

Alfebit

Banned
Hello, I'm not sure if you guys have spoiled anything(I skipped several posts on purpose to avoid them) but can you guys put Korra discussion in spoiler text? I'm still in the middle of watching that and I'd like to still be able to read the thread. Thanks!

I don't know if you've already listened to it but Matt kinda dances around a finale spoiler during the podcast so you should skip between about 1:56:00 to 1:58:00ish.

I don't know if you've already listened to it but Matt kinda dances around a finale spoiler during the podcast so you should skip between about 1:56:00 to 1:58:00ish.

I'm in the middle of season 3 right now and I'll probably be done in a few days so I'll just finish the show before watching the podcast. Thanks for the heads up though.

Laputa_94

Thats Matt for you, the worst of his spoilers was when he was talking about the avgn movie where he just says character deaths and the end of the movie.

OMG

Matt's fiancé got pranked by Just For Laughs Gags. I hope we find out if she's actually on the episode after all. What a Canadian institution.

Top Bottom