• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

What's the point of the Minecraft LP? It's a game they have no interest in playing. Why did they even start it up?

They were probably hoping for a Ride to Hell.

Unfortunately, Minecraft: Story Mode is not bad in the hilarious way. It's bad in the sad way.

It's a Ride to Nowhere.

Edzi

Finally watching the Demon's Souls stream archives while I do some work, and this stuff is great. Glad to know that the German Spy complaints were greatly exaggerated, he's actually a pretty good addition to the team.

KdylanR92

Haven't watched the best friends in a few months, that Deus Ex brought me back though.

I heard they started to stream, is it just Demon Souls? or is it other stuff, don't really care for the soul series.

explodet

I heard they started to stream, is it just Demon Souls? or is it other stuff, don't really care for the soul series.
They did the first in an ongoing series called Shitty Games Done Slow where they played Mindjack.

Liam accidentally
set a world record

They were probably hoping for a Ride to Hell.

Unfortunately, Minecraft: Story Mode is not bad in the hilarious way. It's bad in the sad way.

It's a Ride to Nowhere.
I'm curious, is it at least a halfway decent telltale game? Or is it as bad as it seems from that first ep, cause it looks really not great.

I'm curious, is it at least a halfway decent telltale game? Or is it as bad as it seems from that first ep, cause it looks really not great.

It's as bad as it seems. They make the cardinal mistake of creating something for children: they have absolutely no respect for their audience, and it shows.

tsundoku

So I was trying to shut down that tweet about maybe doing Minecraft story mode with a tweet about how "you can literally just sit through all the qtes its terrible terrible instead of terrible hilarious"
but then i dropped a few words
and then i was like ill wait until the episodes come out to make sure my tweet wasn't partially responsible
D:
Woolie & Pat cast tho <3 they're making decent commentary over it

some of the later qtes are actually terrible hilarious when you dont press any buttons
idk if they're as strong as SpiderMan3GameOfTheMovie tho

Nordicus

What's the point of the Minecraft LP? It's a game they have no interest in playing. Why did they even start it up?
If a purely story-based game is bad, (and not mediocre like the GoT Telltale game) then it can at least be bad in an interesting way and not result in a longer LP because of bad design and/or difficulty spikes

I will remind you that SADNESS TRILOGY exists

I should play a superloud run through of Deus Ex. I always went sneaky hacky fucker.
Shooting is really fun. Especially with laser sights on your weapons.
It's like a duo No More Heores since Matt has the inside scoop on the game from testing it for so long. Gotta find those dildos.

I'm replaying it now on a no alarms no kills run and made it through the first mission no problem. Pats should use the key board since it makes quick save/loading MUCH easier

Matt really shines giving genuine insights and his and Pat's banter is always great.

10 minutes in and this Deus Ex LP is already so good.

I'm convinced Matt's at his best when he can apply his tester knowledge (especially on games he tested) to the commentary.

kewlmyc

Catching up on podcasts, and yikes, the ALL THE WARRIORS podcast is hard to listen to. I mean like it's actually hard to heard what they're talking about. Which sucks because I'm a fan on nearly everyone on the podcast (Takahara, Mother's Basement, BigBlackOtaku, Cranky).

Catching up on podcasts, and yikes, the ALL THE WARRIORS podcast is hard to listen to. I mean like it's actually hard to heard what they're talking about. Which sucks because I'm a fan on nearly everyone on the podcast (Takahara, Mother's Basement, BigBlackOtaku, Cranky).

It's like whenever Pat's not around, everyone should be asking, "WHERE'S PAT?"

sjay1994

EQuEeeS.jpg

I'm dying.

Edzi

The Demon's Souls archives have gotten me through this weekend, and I luckily still have one more part to go. Have they said when the next session is scheduled for? I need more German Spy + Zaibatsu Souls goodness. I hope they eventually bring Plague on board too.

On a slightly unrelated note, I recently watched one of Max's "week of SFV" videos, and jesus christ, his "streamer persona" has gotten insanely obnoxious. I know he's been faking hype for a while now, but he was legit just screaming for no reason in these newer videos. Makes me glad that the best friends are pretty genuine so far in their streams, but I'm kinda scared of what they could turn into since Max used to be a lot better before he went full time streamer.

Makes me glad that the best friends are pretty genuine so far in their streams, but I'm kinda scared of what they could turn into since Max used to be a lot better before he went full time streamer.

Dude they can barely work up the energy to be hype about stuff they like sometimes, you think they'll really try to fake it?

Besides the streaming stuff is more or less just side work for them.

I need more German Spy + Zaibatsu Souls goodness. I hope they eventually bring Plague on board too.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I dont't like German Spy at all (in stream and on the podcast). Sure he's an expert on Souls lore but I find him obnoxious and least entertaining of all their guest so far.

Plus it feels like a "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario. I just want the Salty Bet setup with just the Zaibatsu.

Edzi

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I dont't like German Spy at all (in stream and on the podcast). Sure he's an expert on Souls lore but I find him obnoxious and least entertaining of all their guest so far.

Plus it feels like a "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario. I just want the Salty Bet setup with just the Zaibatsu.

I kinda felt the same way at first when I heard him on Plague's stream, but he's been growing on me.

Started watching the VOD of paige's stream tonight and WOOOOOOOOOOOW this is off to an amazing start I am ashamed this is my first time tuning in o_O

"tasted like money and ice cream"

/dead

joe2187

Banned
Mincraft LP is amazing

-Mincraft stuff is happening

Pat: I Dont care.

*Goes on an in depth analysis of the pros and cons of "Butt Chugging"*

I think its about time Mize0dude makes his debut by having his ball's exposed on Woolie's couch.

Mike got 13-0'd by Woolie just a few hours ago in Street Fighter. I don't think he's wants to get publicly GuadianE'd

Mike13-0dude

Also, if there was one way for them to handle a Minecraft LP, this is it. It's amazing.

tsundoku

I think its about time Mize0dude makes his debut by having his ball's exposed on Woolie's couch.

Woolie is playing on an emulator. The game has standard controls on dpad and slippery controls on analog but his emulator is only mapping the dpad to the slippery controls or some shit.

also, wasn't there totally some bomb freezing weapon thing he did in there, can he reflect those back at the boss or something

BTW Yvette is a real person, so Pat can feel like can asshole now.

I mean, she's poorly modeled though, right...?

Like, really poorly modeled?

(I know the modeling is at least somewhat bad because basically everyone's mouth and eyes are at least a little fucked up.)

Xater

I mean, she's poorly modeled though, right...?

Like, really poorly modeled?

(I know the modeling is at least somewhat bad because basically everyone's mouth and eyes are at least a little fucked up.)

The modeling has it's issues, but in this picture she looks pretty close to the in-game model I think.

mv5bmjm4nzk3mdg0nv5bmo7uyj.jpg

The modeling has it's issues, but in this picture she looks pretty close to the in-game model I think.

mv5bmjm4nzk3mdg0nv5bmo7uyj.jpg

Her face is quite a bit flatter in-game, particularly around the eyes. The in-game model looks like someone hit that poor woman with a frying pan, basically.

Though, yeah, I have no idea why they decided to use her as their base model to begin with. I guess maybe I'm just not the target audience.

Top Bottom