• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

explodet

The bleeped out swearing does add an amusing new element to that clip.

But I'm glad it's not something they do on the actual channel.

listening to the podcast and there is something that is really entertaining about pat talking about his ff14 crack addiction for birds (bird up). that whole system of getting a bird sounds like the worst and would probably black out from anger if that system works the way I think it does.
Also thought pat was out of ff14 but haven't listened to past podcast for a while so that might be it. now we all gotta wait for the podcast of pat intervention of the birds.

Edzi

listening to the podcast and there is something that is really entertaining about pat talking about his ff14 crack addiction for birds (bird up). that whole system of getting a bird sounds like the worst and would probably black out from anger if that system works the way I think it does.
Also thought pat was out of ff14 but haven't listened to past podcast for a while so that might be it. now we all gotta wait for the podcast of pat intervention of the birds.

I'm pretty sure it's as bad as it sounds, Pat just really likes the grindy stuff. I've said this before, but I think it's hilarious that Pat is the one most susceptible to the scummy f2p/mobile game type game designs since I think he's also been pretty negative about them in the past.

And yeah, he quit for a while, but has been back in ever since the latest patch.

I'm pretty sure it's as bad as it sounds, Pat just really likes the grindy stuff. I've said this before, but I think it's hilarious that Pat is the one most susceptible to the scummy f2p/mobile game type game designs since I think he's also been pretty negative about them in the past.

And yeah, he quit for a while, but has been back in ever since the latest patch.

Yeah its always funny when it's apparent pat is crazy and has to fill his persona shaped hole in his heart with grindy games that are like crack to him. I remember when pat tried getting into destiny, forgot how it ended but I think so did he.

Now I want to see a video of him trying to obtain a bird in ff14, wonder if that whole promotional video is still a thing so he can show the world how much of a problem he has.

Squishy3

Yeah its always funny when it's apparent pat is crazy and has to fill his persona shaped hole in his heart with grindy games that are like crack to him. I remember when pat tried getting into destiny, forgot how it ended but I think so did he.

Now I want to see a video of him trying to obtain a bird in ff14, wonder if that whole promotional video is still a thing so he can show the world how much of a problem he has.
It's not as bad as you would think, Ravana and Bismarck are trivial to farm (7 minutes each at the MOST, a quick Ravana run is like 4-5 minutes) and we did that content when it was relevant and somewhat difficult, so we still have that muscle memory ingrained into us. It's the Thordan and Sephirot birds that are going to be the annoying ones to farm, as you aren't massively outgearing them and can't laugh off like 80% of the mechanics without wiping yet. To put it in perspective, when farming Ravana EX now, DPS is so high you skip Rose of Hate (this saves like 40 seconds) and then he's dead before Swift Liberation and Final Liberation go off, not to mention skipping the phase where you need to kill the adds so his ultimate doesn't wipe the party. You skip like 60% of the fight.

When stuff is currently on weekly lockout (Midas, Lore tomestones) it's nice to have other stuff that you can do if you feel like it.

I really like the idea that Matt's like the father of the group, so as soon as he was gone they started immediately doing ill-advised LPs. (That worked out really well, actually, but still.)

Was the Minecraft LP also the result of Matt (surprisingly) not being the voice of reason?

You skip all the hard stuff in the fight I'm talking about, because he's dead before they even happen. And it cuts out like 7 minutes out of the fight. It used to take like 12 minutes just to kill him.
Seems not that bad but sill it's the overall repetition of it that seems really rough. it could be worse overall but still how much time and effort does it take to get to the point of just being able to breeze through it?

Real point being is idk what pat is addicted to more at this point, ff14 or crack. But I'm fully expected a repeat of last time and pat just to stop caring about it until another update comes out that he likes.

it could be worse overall but still how much time and effort does it take to get to the point of just being able to breeze through it?

Does it matter? Dude is playing a game I assume he enjoys with a couple of friends(/minions). If he thought he wouldn't be getting something out of trying to reach this goal he would just do something else. In fact he has done that before.

Most modern games are going to have you doing something stupid for an even more stupid reward, purely because of psychological hooks into your brain.

As long as you're still enjoying the game and aren't playing only because of psychological compulsion, don't worry about it. If you're worried that you have an addictive/compulsive personality type, set yourself some firm ground rules (most MMO players do, even if they don't formally recognize it: "I will never buy gold/accounts", "I will never stay up later than a certain time on a work night playing," etc.) and stick to them.

Pat's FFXIV behavior honestly isn't that bad. He's like a C-Tier on the MMO Addiction Scale.

damn out of the blue, and now they're probably going to work on league aren't they? fuck, man.
thnx for star wars by the way

i gotta find another flight fighting game to tide me over.

I really don't see a reason for them to hire them just to work on LoL. From what I've read they are working on something called Stonehearth(which I believe they were already working on before), but there has been a lot of talk about them working on a League of Fighters game, which honestly, makes all the sense in the world. Of course nothing is confirmed and I my information may be way off, but I absolutely don't see them hiring a developer studio only known for one in the works fighting game, just to pump out more characters for LoL or w/e.

Nordicus

It's great so far, they're just ignoring the story and having what is essentially a 2nd podcast.
And the story seems definitely worth ignoring.

After a minute-long lore dump (yes, apparently they made lore for Minecraft), this is the very first line of proper dialog in the game
HE4i2Ym.png

Randy42

Does anyone know if there's any date for the Heavy Rain stream yet? I had initially assumed it would be this weekend due to their every other week schedule so far but no announcement now has me thinking that's not the case.

Also yeah Minecraft Story Mode is not great. I did ep 1 on the PC just to see when it came out and it was easily the most garbage thing telltale has prob ever done, I have no idea how they didnt just do one recording session and scrap it tbh. At least a 2nd podcast is good. I guess.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm really on the fence about watching the Minecraft LP. On one hand I literally do not give a shit about the game or anything to do with it. On the other hand though seeing the guys struggle through it should be hella entertaining.

I really don't see a reason for them to hire them just to work on LoL. From what I've read they are working on something called Stonehearth(which I believe they were already working on before), but there has been a lot of talk about them working on a League of Fighters game, which honestly, makes all the sense in the world. Of course nothing is confirmed and I my information may be way off, but I absolutely don't see them hiring a developer studio only known for one in the works fighting game, just to pump out more characters for LoL or w/e.

There's basically no question they aren't working on League, yeah.

I mean, on the list of reasons:

1. You don't buy a developer to poach employees. You just poach the employees. The main advantage of buying a company is to get the assets (unlikely), IP (less likely), and technology (process of elimination) that's considered the property of that company.
2. They already have, what, 1500 people (hypothetically) working on League, along with an unknown number of outside contractors? I don't think they'd be particularly excited about padding out their support staff by another five percent.
3. They were obviously avoiding saying what project they're working on, which would be completely unnecessary for a game that's been in active release for years.
4. For their part, they seemed to take the purchase as a net positive and sounded very excited about it, which probably wouldn't be the case if they were just being thrown into the Champion Mines.

Doesn't necessarily mean they're working on "League of Fighters", of course. They could have been picked up for whatever it is Riot's been working on in secret for years now, and lord only knows what that is. So, you know, it could be anything!

Does it matter? Dude is playing a game I assume he enjoys with a couple of friends(/minions). If he thought he wouldn't be getting something out of trying to reach this goal he would just do something else. In fact he has done that before.

Na it's fine and all just to irony of pat doing it is pretty funny. Then the part in the podcast about woolie giving pat shit about it just for him to explain him doing similar shit in street fighter, is pretty funny in itself.
I for the most part enjoy the parts in the podcast where pat explains his life in ff14.

Doesn't sound like a victory if the enemies keep coming back.

(I love that you can say "we shot enough of these birds to call it a war")

Gotta keep some of them alive, else you'd have nothing to throw on the barbie.
The war we did lose was against cane toads, which we've tried to get rid of since the 30's until a few years ago when the government said "Screw it, we're wasting too much money on this, maybe they'll get a disease and die off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

The war we did lose was against cane toads, which we've tried to get rid of since the 30's until a few years ago when the government said "Screw it, we're wasting too much money on this, maybe they'll get a disease and die off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

Cane toads fuck and eat anything, that's a hard monster to beat.

I remember watching a video where a dude in his car was purposefully swerving to run those fuckers over. From the camera's perspective you just see the car swinging back and forth on the empty road, coupled with "pop pop pop pop pop" as he ran them over.

Cane toads fuck and eat anything besides the insect they were introduced to get rid of because they live on the ground and not at the top of the plant, that's a hard monster to beat.
FTFY
I remember watching a video where a dude in his car was purposefully swerving to run those fuckers over. From the camera's perspective you just see the car swinging back and forth on the empty road, coupled with "pop pop pop pop pop" as he ran them over.

Yeah, that used to be common until the RSPCA (Enviro agency) decided that it would be illegal for people to cull them inhumanly which includes running them over and basically anything short of having a government agency do it, which was okay until the government went ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If only they were like the Al Bhed, eh?

MrHoot

So Livin' da dream took a pretty solid turn and i'm fucking invested now.

Vic you unbelievable piece of shit, I hope Rage's freight train doesn't miss you by the end of this

Top Bottom