• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Oh maaaan I think they got a little overhype at the shade Rage was throwing today but it's hard not to get excited when it's like the three of them sitting in the back of that car going "OOOOOH"

Ok but real talk, why wouldn't the player character just dump Vic's ass off on a corner and then deny everything that the guy says if he goes to the media? Something that happened when they're kids is so cold case, and a good NBA lawyer would probably be able to destroy Vic as a witness in court.

Siegcram

Oh maaaan I think they got a little overhype at the shade Rage was throwing today but it's hard not to get excited when it's like the three of them sitting in the back of that car going "OOOOOH"

Ok but real talk, why wouldn't the player character just dump Vic's ass off on a corner and then deny everything that the guy says if he goes to the media? Something that happened when they're kids is so cold case, and a good NBA lawyer would probably be able to destroy Vic as a witness in court.
Because Spike Lee is a fucking hack.

joe2187

Banned

Nah Dog, the streets is watching.

Because Spike Lee is a fucking hack.
Spike Lee's writing only works if you're life experience is somewhat close to what he tries to portray in his movies, which lets him manipulate your emotions easier and ignore the gaping plot holes. If your perspective/life experience is totally different, his inability to use storytelling techniques to create sympathy and understanding results in you either not giving a shit about the characters or you actively rooting against them.

And Pat was right, Vic playing the scumbag card doesn't win him that argument. It just digs his scumbag hole deeper.

Video should show vic going into hell rather than just being a ghost.

So how much of this story's contrivances are due to Spike Lee's writing and how much is due to this just being the story mode of a yearly sports game? I feel like some of these scenes aren't shown because that would require extra time and/or budget to model. I mean, how many environments have we actually seen? The house scene was used multiple times, Freq's penthouse was used multiple times, and I believe the entirety of the car scene is just the interior model of the same unnamed expensive car. Were there even any exterior shots?

Rage doesn't dump Vic at the corner because then they'd have to model the corner.

MrHoot

SO how much of this stories contrivances are due to Spike Lee's writing and how much is due to this just being the story mode of a yearly sports game? I feel like some of these scenes aren't shown because that would require extra time and/or budget to model. I mean, how many environments have we actually seen? The house scene was used multiple times, Freq's penthouse was used multiple times, and I believe the entirety of the car scene is just the interior model of the same unnamed expensive car. Were there even any exterior shots?

Rage doesn't dump Vic at the corner because then they'd have to model the corner.

The court in the beginning is i think the only exterior location

SO how much of this stories contrivances are due to Spike Lee's writing and how much is due to this just being the story mode of a yearly sports game? I feel like some of these scenes aren't shown because that would require extra time and/or budget to model. I mean, how many environments have we actually seen? The house scene was used multiple times, Freq's penthouse was used multiple times, and I believe the entirety of the car scene is just the interior model of the same unnamed expensive car. Were there even any exterior shots?

I'd say Spike Lee was hired to do the story mode because he probably wouldn't make a story that would require a lot of assets.

joe2187

Banned

Its both.

But Spike Lee is really inconsistent with his writing/directing. This the part of Spike we got that made movies like "She Hate Me"

if you want a fun couple of minutes, look up "She Hate Me" and have fun.

Nordicus

if you want a fun couple of minutes, look up "She Hate Me" and have fun.
Man, this wiki plot synopsis is a bit sill-
Ending:
[Protagonist, his ex-fiancée and her lesbian partner] then begin a three-way polyamorous relationship, and Armstrong apparently maintains a friendship with all of the eighteen women who became pregnant by him.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

explodet

Couldn't stick around long, but it looked like Matt set a bear's ass on fire so when it tries to shit in the woods it burns it down.

GENERAL L

I love this saltybet shit. The only bad thing about these videos is how disjointed the audio gets to the video. Someone needs to go in and edit these things.

I can't wait for Pat to have a half-hour nerdgasm over CD Projekt's statement that Cyberpunk is going to be bigger and better than Witcher, and for the other three to not understand/care at all.

But Cyberpunk isn't an MMO.

But it's Cyberpunk (which Pat probably isn't familiar with in a specific sense, but you know, the name is kind of iconic) and CDPR.

Pat was pretty ga-ga for Witcher 3, and let's be honest, by default he's going to be more interested in awesome dystopian cyber-future where people can buy robo-immortality (perhaps even as cyber-toilets) than dark Polish fantasy.

Watching Pat's GF's Sonic fanfiction reading stream was an...interesting experience to say the least. Especially when she and Pat were fighting over a sandwich.

DX:HR is a pretty good LP so far.
It's like a duo No More Heores since Matt has the inside scoop on the game from testing it for so long. Gotta find those dildos.

I'm replaying it now on a no alarms no kills run and made it through the first mission no problem. Pats should use the key board since it makes quick save/loading MUCH easier

zeemumu

Minecraft Story Mode, the telltale spinoff game.

Oh, the story mode. I thought they were gonna have some kind of unofficial brawl where they all get dumped on a small map and have to fend for themselves. Like a Super Best Friends Survivor. And maybe have one random 5th dressed as Herobrine hunting them down.

Village

iMPOSSIBRU

oh my god this is going to be amaaaaazing

" Adventure time isn't for kids, its for adults "
The concept of childrens programming with minor depth that allows for other demographics to care a and the creators to explore concepts, a foreign concept for pat. The programming is for everyone, but its a kids show.

Dumpster fire, apt picture.

Matsukaze

Just watched the first episode of the Telltale Minecraft LP. Unsurprisingly, I'm much more interested in hearing them talk about Dark Souls than anything going on in the game. I await the DS1 LP that they keep insisting is an "In Case of Emergency - Break Glass" playthrough.

I can't believe Woolie got all the way into Game of Thrones before he was TellTale'd Out. I don't know whether to commend his stamina or insult his apparent learning disability.

Top Bottom