• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

convo

Well shit.

Looks like next podcast is going to be about how Hulk Hogan killed Kotaku.

Man that shit-show really didn't work out for Gawker this time. Besides Hulk Hogan those dumbasses also tried to ruin some actual innocent persons' life though i can't really remember what that was. Someone can probably list the sort of shit articles that ran on gawker.
Who would have thought that that site could get sunk like that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The laugh I am referring to is the "Ha ha ha ha ha AHHHHHHHHH!" laugh he has been doing.

Specifically the AHHHHHHHHHHH part.

Yeah, I know. That's been a thing for a good while now.

There's a fan video from a while back when it first started happening that has a crow with Pat's head fly by whenever he does it. Wish I could find it now.

Twiglet Principality on Vessel is available for non-subscribers now

Yeah, I know. That's been a thing for a good while now.

There's a fan video from a while back when it first started happening that has a crow with Pat's head fly by whenever he does it. Wish I could find it now.

God that was the one I was looking for too. Can't remember what it was :|

Man this Monster game makes me want to make my own fight game

You could make a FurAffinity fursona fighter.

...and then I googled and totally forgot Beast's Fury was a thing that got kickstarted

Parrot girl is cute!...but they didn't get that stretch goal tho :[

Anung

Un Rama
The one thing that makes Pat the truest of the Zaibatsu is that he is always grateful for almost everything that has happened ever since the channel blew up. Same with Woolz and Liam but I find Mat to somewhat be a negative nancy most of the time.

Ehhh I dunno man. Matt always engages with fans and seems super humble. His main issue is that he takes a lot of criticisms personally or tries to deflect them. But I get why because its his work.

aly

I finally caught up on the NBA2k16 videos and the commentary is amazing. I think its my favorite lp of the year so far due to being absolutely hilarious.

The end of the Naruto LP was met with the proper level of apathy. I forgot just how hard they botched the Sasuke retrieval arc. Damn you could tell they ran out of money/time so hard, but that's what happens when you have to take the time to put like 5 hours of filler in your game.

Edzi

Ugh, why are so many people voting for Matt and Woolie to play Heavy Rain without Pat or Liam? I'll probably just skip the stream if they end up going with that option.

NeonBlack

Ugh, why are so many people voting for Matt and Woolie to play Heavy Rain without Pat or Liam? I'll probably just skip the stream if they end up going with that option.

That option is in 3rd place and behind by like 3500 votes. I think it won't be happening

Meffer

Man, I'm glad to see they're shitting on Colin in TP. The texture they did on his teeth looks like he's missing a couple in the HD version.

Matsukaze

Voted for Matt's and Woolie's Old School Bizarre Adventure.

Pat getting hit with the flu seems ripe for another installment of How Hath God Blighted Pat This Week? (assuming he's better by Monday)

Does anyone feel like Matt has been the weakest comedy-wise? His negativity and forced jokes just completely drag the commentary in almost everything he's involved in. On top of that, the excessive sandbagging of the others is just draining (we get it, everyone's shit).

I don't know, just sucks that (nostalgia-wise) I felt like Pat was always good at keeping the conversation going and Matt just sticks with his schtick that does not gel with me at all, kind of reminds me of Spy but it's more prevalent as he's in a lot of LPs and in the podcast.

Sorry for the shitpost but it's been on my mind for a long while now and has prevented me from watching most of their LPs

Fitts

Watching this Contra III playthrough is blowing my mind. I used to love it as a kid but it absolutely destroyed me. My bro and I were only able to beat it with a Game Genie assist.

this twilight princess LP just reminds me of how fucking boring Twilight Princess is

When Liam said he beat the game 10 times I was baffled, I'm about to fall asleep just watching this intro

Edzi

Does anyone feel like Matt has been the weakest comedy-wise? His negativity and forced jokes just completely drag the commentary in almost everything he's involved in. On top of that, the excessive sandbagging of the others is just draining (we get it, everyone's shit).

I don't know, just sucks that (nostalgia-wise) I felt like Pat was always good at keeping the conversation going and Matt just sticks with his schtick that does not gel with me at all, kind of reminds me of Spy but it's more prevalent as he's in a lot of LPs and in the podcast.

Sorry for the shitpost but it's been on my mind for a long while now and has prevented me from watching most of their LPs

You're not wrong, and it does get brought up a lot. Matt is at his strongest when he's talking about something he's already passionate about, but outside of that he seems to have a hard time staying engaged and/or entertaining. He's the only one of the group who doesn't seem confident in his ability to be naturally interesting, so he tends to try and force the same jokes over and over again without saying much else. He'll also treat every single discussion topic he's not personally into as a joke, which gets annoying fast.

One other thing I've noticed throughout the podcasts is that he sandbags Pat in particular really hard, to the point where it genuinely sounds like he's just being an asshole. Granted, a lot of the time Pat can deserve to get shut down, but it can get sort of uncomfortable when Pat is clearly making a joke and Matt puts him down super seriously.

Matt is usually great, he just needs to calm down sometimes and go with the flow a bit more.

Matt is a bit overly defensive when it comes to Marvel stuff or Nintendo stuff. He got perm'd from GAF for being too confrontational about the Wii U even.

He's overly defensive/thin skinned in general, and he tends to take very basic fan criticism regarding their videos super poorly (especially compared to the other members of the group).

Gestahl

this twilight princess LP just reminds me of how fucking boring Twilight Princess is

When Liam said he beat the game 10 times I was baffled, I'm about to fall asleep just watching this intro

Yeah TP's pretty dull

Also I turned on the stream for a second and these guest commentators seem insufferable to listen to

Them masturbating to all over the zelda games is actually making TP unwatchable for me. especially when they were talking about how great it looks but all i can see is the horrible faces of the characters. i don't think i even made it 5 minutes.

Meffer

Them masturbating to all over the zelda games is actually making TP unwatchable for me. especially when they were talking about how great it looks but all i can see is the horrible faces of the characters. i don't think i even made it 5 minutes.

Well, jeez, it's a game they played a lot back then. I played it back then too, so I also think it's improved.

Matt is a bit overly defensive when it comes to Marvel stuff or Nintendo stuff. He got perm'd from GAF for being too confrontational about the Wii U even.

That's a shame. I for one also get pretty overly defensive about stuff I like or believe in so I can't look at that as a bad thing.

But idk about all this critisim towards Matt, because of Matt I'm into most of the stuff I am into today and always seems like the most fun loving best friend. I can understand the part where he can look like he's not into something he doesn't care about all that much but if he tried to act like he's into something it might seemed forced. Not to say he's not without his faults. But never gotten to the point where I'm put off by who's in the lp like some people have stated before.

You have to mentally add "compared to the GameCube version" every time they say "I can't believe how good it looks".

Like, yes, the characters still have PS2 Hair and relatively low-poly models in general, they don't really mean "This looks like the Zelda Wii-U teasers we got!" or something.

Top Bottom